Quote Originally Posted by Awesome Bomb View Post
    I wish people in my neck of the woods were as calm as you. The local news is warning people to stock up on food and emergency supplies.
    I went to the grocery store earlier today and people were actually fighting over the bottled water. The media has everyone all good and whipped up into a total frenzy.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I went to the grocery store earlier today and people were actually fighting over the bottled water. The media has everyone all good and whipped up into a total frenzy.
    Yeah, living in Joplin, Hurricanes don't happen ever. The last time Joplin even had a Tropical Storm was Ike. It wasn't Downgraded to a Tropical Depression until around the Bootheel of MO. Missouri has never had a Tropical System remain a Hurricane when the center reached us. I imagine it is possible for a Hurricane to have a path that goes through MO although, if it did, it would have to hit the Gulf as a CAT 5, and by the time it got here, it would be a CAT 2 at strongest, CAT 1 at it's weakest.

After our T-Nado, I don't think we'd take even the once in 500 years chance with it if it ever did happen.
    The Future of the WWE Women's Division: Brittani Knight AKA Paige!

Aside from that legendary one, you guys still see tornadoes pretty frequently, don't you? I think I'd be more afraid of living with that constant threat than the occasional weak hurricane or tropical storm.

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    Go to hell.

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Aside from that legendary one, you guys still see tornadoes pretty frequently, don't you? I think I'd be more afraid of living with that constant threat than the occasional weak hurricane or tropical storm.
    I read a stat somewhere, I don't know if it is true though, that if you live your life in Tornado Alley, you will be involved with 2 tornadoes in your life. I don't think these numbers are accurate, but it is still something to think about. However, Tornadoes happen a ton in Florida. In fact, Florida is Lightning Alley and Mini-Tornado Alley.

Tornadoes AVG by State:

1: Texas
    2: Florida
    3: Oklahoma
    4: Kansas
    4: Nebraska
    6: Iowa
    7: South Dakota
    8: Missouri
    8: Louisiana
    8: Illinois

And that is your Top 10. F5 Tornadoes:

1: Iowa (6)
    1: Oklahoma(6)
    1: Alabama(6)
    4: Texas(5)
    4: Kansas(5)
    6: Mississippi(4)
    6: Ohio(4)
    8: Wisconsin(3)
    9: North Dakota(2)
    9: Michigan(2)
    9: Missouri(2, Includes my Hometown of Joplin)
    9: Minnesota(2)
    13: Illinois(1)
    13: Nebraska(1)
    13: South Dakota(1)
    13: Indiana(1)
    13: Kentucky(1)
    13: Tennessee(1)
    13: Manitoba, Canada(1)

I added the one in Canada since this is a rare occurrence. As far as the big Tornado, I've seen the 50 year one. If I live to 80 plus years, I will be in another statistically.

Want to know another country that has a bunch of bad tornadoes.....Germany. They have had 2 F5 like tornadoes, the most outside of the US.

This is a bunch of random Facts, but I have one last one. If Poland were part of the US, it would rank in the top 5 for possible F5 Tornadoes with 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerinaine View Post
    I read a stat somewhere, I don't know if it is true though, that if you live your life in Tornado Alley, you will be involved with 2 tornadoes in your life. I don't think these numbers are accurate, but it is still something to think about. However, Tornadoes happen a ton in Florida. In fact, Florida is Lightning Alley and Mini-Tornado Alley.

Tornadoes AVG by State:

1: Texas
    2: Florida
    3: Oklahoma
    4: Kansas
    4: Nebraska
    6: Iowa
    7: South Dakota
    8: Missouri
    8: Louisiana
    8: Illinois

And that is your Top 10. F5 Tornadoes:

1: Iowa (6)
    1: Oklahoma(6)
    1: Alabama(6)
    4: Texas(5)
    4: Kansas(5)
    6: Mississippi(4)
    6: Ohio(4)
    8: Wisconsin(3)
    9: North Dakota(2)
    9: Michigan(2)
    9: Missouri(2, Includes my Hometown of Joplin)
    9: Minnesota(2)
    13: Illinois(1)
    13: Nebraska(1)
    13: South Dakota(1)
    13: Indiana(1)
    13: Kentucky(1)
    13: Tennessee(1)
    13: Manitoba, Canada(1)

I added the one in Canada since this is a rare occurrence. As far as the big Tornado, I've seen the 50 year one. If I live to 80 plus years, I will be in another statistically.

Want to know another country that has a bunch of bad tornadoes.....Germany. They have had 2 F5 like tornadoes, the most outside of the US.

This is a bunch of random Facts, but I have one last one. If Poland were part of the US, it would rank in the top 5 for possible F5 Tornadoes with 4.
    That's actually pretty interesting. Thanks for sharing.

I had a weird fascination with weather when I was a kid. Like, I would sit at my grandparents just watching The Weather Channel for hours on end. I would get all excited when we'd get severe thunderstorm warnings and shit like that. Blizzards were like my Superbowl.

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    That's actually pretty interesting. Thanks for sharing.

I had a weird fascination with weather when I was a kid. Like, I would sit at my grandparents just watching The Weather Channel for hours on end. I would get all excited when we'd get severe thunderstorm warnings and shit like that. Blizzards were like my Superbowl.
    Yeah, I would have thought that having been in an F5 it would scare me to ever be in a weather situation again. Nope, I still Storm Chase. I'm a bit more cautious, but it still doesn't scare me.

I like to sit on my porch and watch the storm clouds roll in.

Go to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerinaine View Post
    Don't they usually classify most "Naders" in Florida as Water Spouts since the majority occur offshore on on some body of water?

Living in Texas I have been involved in/witnessed multiple tornado experiences in my life. First having been to run to the storm cellar at my grandmothers when one steamrolled about 1000 yds away from her property. The recent was seeing one touchdown in the distance while driving to Waco. In college, my friend and I chased a storm system that produces it's first tornado around the outskirts of Dallas and watched it touch down 3 times before stopping to turn around in Norman, Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

DRG hates everyone