1. #25151
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Batmania
    Posts
    24,376
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    LMAO, That's right! It was the "Making my way..." song, wasn't it? I stand corrected; the 6 Pence song has no good moments in the history of it's exsistance.
    At least they had it pegged well as "white music no self respecting (black) man would listen to" haha. Sadly, the two 6 Pence songs I can remember will undoubtedly forever be shoehorned into any and every 90's compilation ever, right between The Rembrandts and Sophie B Hawkins I'd expect. Blech.

  2. #25152
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    At least they had it pegged well as "white music no self respecting (black) man would listen to" haha. Sadly, the two 6 Pence songs I can remember will undoubtedly forever be shoehorned into any and every 90's compilation ever, right between The Rembrandts and Sophie B Hawkins I'd expect. Blech.
    Wasn't she the "Sunny came Home" chick?

    When I think of 90's compilations, I always think of the Merideth Brooks song and at least one song by either the Spin Doctors and/or Gin Blossoms


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  3. #25153
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Batmania
    Posts
    24,376
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Wasn't she the "Sunny came Home" chick?

    When I think of 90's compilations, I always think of the Merideth Brooks song and at least one song by either the Spin Doctors and/or Gin Blossoms
    I really only know SBH from Damn, I Wish I Was You Lover.

    Yeah good call on those ones! While doing a bit of research I noticed that The Proclaimers song 500 Miles wasn't a hit in the states until 1993, whereas we were hilariously rocking out to it around 1988/89.
    There's also gotta be Joan Osbourne, 4 Non Blondes (double blech!) and Marcy Playground on there somewhere

  4. #25154
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Batmania
    Posts
    24,376
    Blog Entries
    6
    If I ever do any 90's themed party, this list is going to be central to the playlist fer sher

    http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/58165128.html

  5. #25155
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I really only know SBH from Damn, I Wish I Was You Lover.

    Yeah good call on those ones! While doing a bit of research I noticed that The Proclaimers song 500 Miles wasn't a hit in the states until 1993, whereas we were hilariously rocking out to it around 1988/89.
    There's also gotta be Joan Osbourne, 4 Non Blondes (double blech!) and Marcy Playground on there somewhere
    I'll add Toad The Wet Sprocket, Collective Soul, Primitive Radio Gods, and Crash Test Dummies to the mix.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5


  6. #25156
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I really only know SBH from Damn, I Wish I Was You Lover.

    Yeah good call on those ones! While doing a bit of research I noticed that The Proclaimers song 500 Miles wasn't a hit in the states until 1993, whereas we were hilariously rocking out to it around 1988/89.
    There's also gotta be Joan Osbourne, 4 Non Blondes (double blech!) and Marcy Playground on there somewhere

    Damn, I had to use google! Shawn Covlin sang the "Sunny Came Home" songs.

    Proclaimers song became a hit thanks to the Johnny Depp film "Benny and June(Joon?)" film. I liked the song, but it got old pretty quick. Same for the Chumbawumba smash hit "Tubthumping" in which I learned the term "Piss" actually meant drunk. Alanis also has to be added to the list


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  7. #25157
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I'll add Toad The Wet Sprocket, Collective Soul, Primitive Radio Gods, and Crash Test Dummies to the mix.
    I remember that Shine was the first music video I ever saw on MTV and that "December" was the first song I ever recorded on a mixtape.

    Don't forget Silverchair, The Toadies, and Pearl Jam's "Jeremy" as being on any compilation


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  8. #25158
    Moderator Asherdelampyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Boktor, Drasnia
    Posts
    10,791
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    I remember that Shine was the first music video I ever saw on MTV and that "December" was the first song I ever recorded on a mixtape.

    Don't forget Silverchair, The Toadies, and Pearl Jam's "Jeremy" as being on any compilation
    surely the aussie won't forget Silverchair :P
    also, Smells Like Teen Spirit


    Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.
     

  9. #25159
    speaking of things from the 90s, my memory was recently jogged when my wife brought home these for the kids school lunches...





    Needless to say, they got one day worth of these snacks, and my wife had to purchase another box for them. They now have their own cabinet dedicated to "Kids School Snack" that I am banned from opening.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  10. #25160
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Batmania
    Posts
    24,376
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Damn, I had to use google! Shawn Covlin sang the "Sunny Came Home" songs.

    Proclaimers song became a hit thanks to the Johnny Depp film "Benny and June(Joon?)" film. I liked the song, but it got old pretty quick. Same for the Chumbawumba smash hit "Tubthumping" in which I learned the term "Piss" actually meant drunk. Alanis also has to be added to the list
    I had a feeling it was because of it's attachment to a movie

    You have to use "piss" right or it sounds bad. "Pissing" = drinking; "pissed" = drunk.



    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    I remember that Shine was the first music video I ever saw on MTV and that "December" was the first song I ever recorded on a mixtape.

    Don't forget Silverchair, The Toadies, and Pearl Jam's "Jeremy" as being on any compilation
    See, Silverchair were pretty big here, being Australian and all. But I know what you mean. There's an equal ratio of good and bad being mentioned here isn't there?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.