Blog Entries
    I've played plenty of Rock Band and Guitar Hero. But I never, ever play an instrument. I always sing. They won't make a game called "Vocal Hero" or "Lead Singer" so, y'know, I make do.

And I wonder why I was never a huge rock star.

No, I don't.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome Bomb View Post
    In a few years we can just cut that section of gaming out, just like we did with the 'gamers' who only play the yearly sports games and guitar hero.
    So "gamers" are being elitist about their title now? Are they the same for their other ones - "Nerd", "Geek" & "Virgin"?

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I've played plenty of Rock Band and Guitar Hero. But I never, ever play an instrument. I always sing. They won't make a game called "Vocal Hero" or "Lead Singer" so, y'know, I make do.

And I wonder why I was never a huge rock star.

No, I don't.
    SingStar, dude.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Oh yeah, there is that isn't there. silly me! But all the tunes on that are mostly pop, aren't they? I like rock. And no, the inclusion of Every Rose Has It's Thorn or The Final Countdown on SingStar is not enough of an attraction. Plus, because I'm not actually playing, then I'm not actually buying. I play with other people.

It's almost like being in a real band - but nothing like it at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome Bomb View Post
    It will happen, eventually.
    Eventually? Maybe. But soon? Nope. The financial returns have yet to diminish. Quite the opposite, actually, as each one seems to be bigger than the one before it. As long as that trend continues, we're going to keep seeing Modern Black Medals of Battlefield Warfare Ops well into the 2020s.

Rhythm games have barely lasted an entire console generation, so the two really aren't all that comparable.

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    It's too bad they had to compromise the artistic integrity of the movie by doing a bunch of re-shoots because of that Aurora theater shooting. Hope they include a director's cut or something on the Bluray.
    I posted that trailer a while back in the movie thread, the only reservation I had was the modern Jay Z music, I'd have liked maybe something more of the period; but, maybe that's just for the trailer.
    I understand the sensitivity, but, I wonder if they haven't completely cut out the cinema scene, it looks like a nice piece of shooting (camera shooting - no pun intended).

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Oh yeah, there is that isn't there. silly me! But all the tunes on that are mostly pop, aren't they? I like rock. And no, the inclusion of Every Rose Has It's Thorn or The Final Countdown on SingStar is not enough of an attraction. Plus, because I'm not actually playing, then I'm not actually buying. I play with other people.

It's almost like being in a real band - but nothing like it at all!
    You can front like you aren't dying to belt out The Cardigans' "Lovefool" in front of a smattering of adoring fans, but ain't nobody buying it. Hell, I could hear the mouse-clicks of you ordering the hell out of that shit from here in America.

The jig is up.

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Quote Originally Posted by Androo View Post
    I posted that trailer a while back in the movie thread, the only reservation I had was the modern Jay Z music, I'd have liked maybe something more of the period; but, maybe that's just for the trailer.
    I'm actually fine with the modern music, even if it's not just in the trailer. I've got hundreds of other period pieces with period music to choose from, so a little change of pace could be refreshing. I'd at least go into it with an open mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Androo View Post
    I understand the sensitivity, but, I wonder if they haven't completely cut out the cinema scene, it looks like a nice piece of shooting (camera shooting - no pun intended).
    They completely removed the cinema scene.

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Darkside Ron Garvin;660821]Drake is unique? Go back a few years and look into the work of Blackstar, Mos Def, Common, Slipknot Mafia, Tialib Kwali and any other "faster paced" rap stars. This "trendsetter" as you call him is nothing more than a media glorified hipster who happened to have the marketability that others lacked. YOLO so you should educate yourself past the popular aspects of just following what the "in crowd" say you should listen to (Wiz Kalif). Drake is the next Gucci Mane

Most of this is true, but let me just explain something that I've said tons of times.

Rap is all about the lyrics, in fact, I favour the fucking hardcore lyrical rappers like Blackstar, Mos Def, all the others you stated above.

And am I missing something? Since when did I call him a trendsetter?! Like I said ages ago, he's in it more the money, no love for the music at all. But he actually goes hard in Stay Schemin, but the raps in that track are pretty average. I rarely listen to the fake shit.

And no, I don't just listen to the popular fellas. I've said this SEVERAL fucking times: the ones who have less publicity are te ones who bust there asses, and they are lyrically better than those pussy ass rappers like Lil Wayne.

In fact, if I showed you my iPod music right now. You would hardly witness any popular tracks. I'm not the bitch who has Drake, Lil Wayne as a favourite. I'm a Rakim guy, Kendrick Lamar guy, Immortal Technique guy. I listen to the real shit all the time. I'm not the fella who goes ahead and listens to the drugs, money and "hoes" guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaz11 View Post
    Most of this is true, but let me just explain something that I've said tons of times.

Rap is all about the lyrics, in fact, I favour the fucking hardcore lyrical rappers like Blackstar, Mos Def, all the others you stated above.

And am I missing something? Since when did I call him a trendsetter?! Like I said ages ago, he's in it more the money, no love for the music at all. But he actually goes hard in Stay Schemin, but the raps in that track are pretty average. I rarely listen to the fake shit.

And no, I don't just listen to the popular fellas. I've said this SEVERAL fucking times: the ones who have less publicity are te ones who bust there asses, and they are lyrically better than those pussy ass rappers like Lil Wayne.

In fact, if I showed you my iPod music right now. You would hardly witness any popular tracks. I'm not the bitch who has Drake, Lil Wayne as a favourite. I'm a Rakim guy, Kendrick Lamar guy, Immortal Technique guy. I listen to the real shit all the time. I'm not the fella who goes ahead and listens to the drugs, money and "hoes" guy.
    Establish that street cred, son. Dis rap game is da REAL shit.

*hands Shaz a 40oz of Steel Reserve*

Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9