1. #25121
    Moderator Asherdelampyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Boktor, Drasnia
    Posts
    10,768
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Ugh, I am getting Spam from both Romney and Obama in my e-mail... It's sad when a statement from your president or future president ends up in the same bin as the "Grow your penis" or "Meet me tonight to fuck!" folder of your personal email.
    Yeah, but then, to be fair, they are all being sent by the same people


    Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.
     

  2. #25122
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome Bomb View Post
    I may be a gamer but I seldom pay attention to game reviews. I generally play games that I find interesting without even considering looking at a review. So, the value of X Play was lost on me.
    Some people like to get a consensus of opinions to use as an indicator as to whether or not said games are going to be worth coming out of their pocket for. I mean, it's cool that gamers like us are willing to blind-buy, but unfortunately not everyone is willing and/or in a position to take that chance. So, yeah, I can certainly see the value in articulated, non-partisan critiques.

    It's the gamers who use said reviews to validate whatever opinion they hold or intend to hold- strangely enough, lots of people make up their minds of what they think about a game before even playing it- that I just don't get.

    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome Bomb View Post
    It does sadden me to hear of the rebranding but gamer culture is a mostly online thing. I think if it was an all online thing it would be so much better. They could go full on gamer/nerd without having to resort to dude/bro to pay bills.
    But with the proliferation of the modern military shooter, dudebro culture has sort of begun to bleed into the nerd culture's online presence as well. It's now kind of hard to avoid that sort of thing whether on television or not, unfortunately.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9



  3. #25123
    Black Ninja Moderator Bodom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    16,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Ugh, I am getting Spam from both Romney and Obama in my e-mail... It's sad when a statement from your president or future president ends up in the same bin as the "Grow your penis" or "Meet me tonight to fuck!" folder of your personal email.
    Signing up for that Kid Rock / Paul Ryan guitar was a huge mistake. I keep getting flooded with emails from Romney and his goons.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

  4. #25124
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    Signing up for that Kid Rock / Paul Ryan guitar was a huge mistake. I keep getting flooded with emails from Romney and his goons.
    I am not sure if mine is coming from the cashing in of Priority Club points for Holiday Inn or the Best Buy Warranty that I signed up for when I bought my LED recently. I still find it sad that the computers have actually spent more time talking to the potential voters more than the actual candidate from either party. I will admit that the debates were quite entertaining. I feel that if there had been a chain linked fence around, we’d have gotten a better slap-fest than anything I saw on Mayhem Miller’s “Bully Beatdown”.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  5. #25125
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    But with the proliferation of the modern military shooter, dudebro culture has sort of begun to bleed into the nerd culture's online presence as well. It's now kind of hard to avoid that sort of thing whether on television or not, unfortunately.
    In a few years we can just cut that section of gaming out, just like we did with the 'gamers' who only play the yearly sports games and guitar hero.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    Go to hell.

  6. #25126
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome Bomb View Post
    In a few years we can just cut that section of gaming out, just like we did with the 'gamers' who only play the yearly sports games and guitar hero.
    Is this game still relevant for the dynamic of casual gamers? I see more and more of these in the "Previously Owned" section at Game Stop and the prices are declining at a RAPID rate.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  7. #25127
    Black Ninja Moderator Bodom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    16,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome Bomb View Post
    In a few years we can just cut that section of gaming out, just like we did with the 'gamers' who only play the yearly sports games and guitar hero.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

  8. #25128
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome Bomb View Post
    In a few years we can just cut that section of gaming out, just like we did with the 'gamers' who only play the yearly sports games and guitar hero.
    I'll believe it when I see it. The dudebro thirst for kill-streaks and headset-based camaraderie seems insatiable, and I just don't see that particular train pulling into station any time soon.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9



  9. #25129
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    Yeah because Rock Band is more about having fun playing cool music not getting the highest score.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    Go to hell.

  10. #25130
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it. The dudebro thirst for kill-streaks and headset-based camaraderie seems insatiable, and I just don't see that particular train pulling into station any time soon.
    It will happen, eventually.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    Go to hell.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.