Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    sadly, I think the plan is to kill this series.. though it's super awesome and one of the only shows that each character has their own dynamic personality...
    Yeah, the primary reason it was kept going with the upcoming shows was just to get it to enough episodes to make it attractive for syndication. Beyond that, though, Sony Pictures Television doesn't give a shit about it.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    What do you mean?
    His sappy "true love, meant-to-be, star crossed lovers, destiny" crap really shits me! Lol, but I am cynical about luuurrve!

Blog Entries
    I just read that the main event of UFC on FX ended in 3 seconds with a slap KO. WTF? Why wasn't I watching???

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I just read that the main event of UFC on FX ended in 3 seconds with a slap KO. WTF? Why wasn't I watching???
    OK nevermind, I was foolish to believe Wikipedia

Blog Entries
    OK nevermind, I was foolish to believe Wikipedia

that's a fair point though I disagree slightly, I don't think they should just cut with look we finally met her now it's over... a lot of people have spent countless hours watching the show, they should do something slightly bigger than here is the answer the the title statement.
    But it's now How I Met, Dated, and Proposed to Your Mother, you know? There are some blanks just better filled in by the viewers' respective imaginations. I mean, if they start mapping out every minute detail for the viewer, where does it end? What's a natural stopping point for the arc began in the pilot if its not the one that the creators established themselves? Is it the proposal? Then people will want to see the wedding. The ceremony? Then people will want to see the kids. The delivery? Then people will want to see how Ted built his house. It's a slippery slope, and it betrays what was initially set out to do. That's my take, anyways.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

His sappy "true love, meant-to-be, star crossed lovers, destiny" crap really shits me! Lol, but I am cynical about luuurrve!
    I'd actually like to see the series end with Ted Mosby being investigated by Child Protective Series for exposing his children to the details of all of his sexual exploits. Now that would be a finale!

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Yeah, the primary reason it was kept going with the upcoming shows was just to get it to enough episodes to make it attractive for syndication. Beyond that, though, Sony Pictures Television doesn't give a shit about it.
    Comedy central has already bought the rights to show the first three seasons after the fourth season right?
    With HIMYM, the creators based it on themselves. Obviously, at some point it's going to have to form two divergent paths (unless you're like Seinfeld and incorporate even the making of a tv show into the script). So they need to come up with new ideas and are forever striving to make it new and fresh while at the same time keep it true to form. That's a very fine line to walk. I wouldn't want to have to try doing it! Because you're always - without fail - going to disappoint someone.

With HIMYM, ideally, from a fans perspective, they should have let it come to it's natural conclusion. To do that, it should have ended by now. It's no longer organic, like it was at first. And it's leaving a bad taste in the mouth of viewers.
    I do agree it's getting less organic.. though I don't think it has fallen into the point that it can no longer reach a natural-esk conclusion
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    I'd actually like to see the series end with Ted Mosby being investigated by Child Protective Series for exposing his children to the details of all of his sexual exploits. Now that would be a finale!
    that would be the most awesome series finale ever...
    #BeJelly

Comedy central has already bought the rights to show the first three seasons after the fourth season right?
    Yeah, they're going to start airing the show in 2013. By then the show should be kaput, so I would imagine they'll be running the whole shebang.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9