Quote Originally Posted by Awesome Bomb View Post
    Now, this is a story all about how My life got flipped-turned upside down And I liked to take a minute Just sit there son I'll tell you how I became the menacing Joker of Gotham.
    Well no idea where I was born or raised An Asylum was where I spent most of my days Spazzin' Out, Schitzin, Laughin' all cool And all digging my way out with a stolen tool When a couple of guards caught me out of my bed I stabbed them in the face and now they're kinda dead Broke out of Arkham and Gotham's where I went, They found nothing in my pockets except knives and lint,
    Evening Commissioner
    I just wanna be the guy who's fun and feared, And if I may say, I really dig the beard Everyone points and call me delirious, But I just laugh and ask, "Why so serious?"
    Well I broke out some cell-mates, and set them free And told them they were all just freaks like me If they wanna destroy Gotham, there's just one plan, It's obvious the only way is: kill the batman
    I destroyed half of Gotham by two or three, And I yelled to the batman, "Come on, hit me" Looked at Gotham, as it all laid in waste, Come on, batman, Lets put a smile on that face.
    That's awesome, Awesome bomb

"When bad things happen, I know you want to believe they are a joke,
    But sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I agree, there is to much focus on the relationships which loses the appeal that it previously had. similar things are happening to himym just to a lesser effect.
    BAH! I couldn't talk bad on HIMYM, to me it's just gotten better and funnier over time

I have noticed that he is bulking up... he is to much of a loved character to give him human like characteristics.. though I think amy is a good character.. she is killing that show by making sheldon human-like
    I totally agree. Amy on her own is actually quite funny (her one line about Priya having the smoldering sexuality of a crouched bengal tiger remains one of my favorite lines of the entire series, for whatever reason) but the trade-off of neutering Sheldon's idiosyncrasies in the process of trying to evolve him just doesn't work. At all.

I do, however, think that the burgeoning bromance between Stuart and Raj is rife with comedic potential. Should create an interesting triangle (or will it be a rhombus?) whenever Howard gets back from space, provided that it's written right.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    How I Met Your Mother has now gone past the point of me giving a fuck who the mother is. If the network gets their way and drags things out for yet another season, I won't be sticking around.
    I couldnt disagree more. Dennis and I were talking about it the other day. I'd like them to go for 1 more season, but at the end of this one, introduce us to the mother, and use the final season to tell the story of how they get to the altar.

Blog Entries
    as a member of that core audience I can't disagree
    I'll tell you something about HIMYM and BBT - people love to project the idea of themselves onto the characters in these shows or vice versa, not sure which - but it's definitely one! It has been happening for years - be it Friends or Seinfeld or That 70's Show or whatever, there is always characters you identify with yourself, whether or not it's even remotely true. People love to go - "Oh I'm SO much like Leonard/Kelso/Kramer/Chandler(etc)" while placing the less desirable ones onto their friends - "you're OUR groups Howard/Ross/George/Eric(etc)".

The characters change and people in life doesn't change as fast.

The other thing that happens is that fans come to feel so much a part of the show that they disapprove of story arcs. They forget - it's just TV. We don't own the characters and they don't owe us a damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    BAH! I couldn't talk bad on HIMYM, to me it's just gotten better and funnier over time
    Couldn't disagree more. Show has been stale for a couple of seasons now. And between the first couple of episodes this season, I don't think I've managed more than a chuckle or two.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    don't get me wrong it's still one of the best sitcoms on tv (that or community)
    I totally agree. Amy on her own is actually quite funny (her one line about Priya having the smoldering sexuality of a crouched bengal tiger remains one of my favorite lines of the entire series, for whatever reason) but the trade-off of neutering Sheldon's idiosyncrasies in the process of trying to evolve him just doesn't work. At all.

I do, however, think that the burgeoning bromance between Stuart and Raj is rife with comedic potential. Should create an interesting triangle (or will it be a rhombus?) whenever Howard gets back from space, provided that it's written right.
    before this season I thought raj needed howard to be funny but you are right, he is really doing well as stuarts new close friend
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    The more they humanize Sheldon, the more it's a detriment to the dynamic that made the show work for people. Jim Parsons needs to lay off the gym, too, because how funny he is can be directly correlated to how much he resembles a praying mantis.
    I recall you saying this to me some time ago and I haven't been able to look at him as Sheldon the same since!

Blog Entries
    Couldn't disagree more. Show has been stale for a couple of seasons now. And between the first couple of episodes this season, I don't think I've managed more than a chuckle or two.
    Meh, to each their own. While it hasn't been laugh out loud funny that has had me rolling every second, I'm vested into the show to get a few good laughs, plus the ending to the first episode had me on the edge of my seat

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I'll tell you something about HIMYM and BBT - people love to project the idea of themselves onto the characters in these shows or vice versa, not sure which - but it's definitely one! It has been happening for years - be it Friends or Seinfeld or That 70's Show or whatever, there is always characters you identify with yourself, whether or not it's even remotely true. People love to go - "Oh I'm SO much like Leonard/Kelso/Kramer/Chandler(etc)" while placing the less desirable ones onto their friends - "you're OUR groups Howard/Ross/George/Eric(etc)".

The characters change and people in life doesn't change as fast.

The other thing that happens is that fans come to feel so much a part of the show that they disapprove of story arcs. They forget - it's just TV. We don't own the characters and they don't owe us a damn thing.

Robstar you got an excellent point in your first paragraph