Quote Originally Posted by Amerinaine View Post
    Speaking as one who is obese. Fuck that shit. I would not eat sheet rock.....well not after one time anyways....OK, not really at all.
    Not even if it's really, really good duck sauce?

Man, I really need to get around to bumping my recipe thread. This conversation just reminded me that I have a pretty cool homemade mozzarella stick recipe using wonton wrappers. I make some tasty homemade spring rolls, too.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post

Man, I really need to get around to bumping my recipe thread. This conversation just reminded me that I have a pretty cool homemade mozzarella stick recipe using wonton wrappers. I make some tasty homemade spring rolls, too.
    Well, maybe a really really good cashew sauce.
    The Future of the WWE Women's Division: Brittani Knight AKA Paige!

Quote Originally Posted by Amerinaine View Post
    Well, maybe a really really good cashew sauce.
    I'm a spicy-mustard man, myself.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

I'll have to add this to my lexicon.

Man, I really hate those buffets. They only offer all-you-can-eat because the food is always of such poor quality that, by after the first plate, most people have no interest in really taking that challenge on. Except for the morbidly obese. They'll eat sheet-rock if you put enough duck sauce on it.
    Food might be of poor quality but for a family of 5 who are living off of $20k a year, it's a christmas dinner, regardless of what people with a "foodies" taste might think.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Food might be of poor quality but for a family of 5 who are living off of $20k a year, it's a christmas dinner, regardless of what people with a "foodies" taste might think.
    A person doesn't have to be rich to eat well. They just need to not be lazy. And I'd personally take a wholesome, home-cooked Xmas dinner over an evening at the local strip-mall, any day of the week. But to each their own.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

A person doesn't have to be rich to eat well. They just need to not be lazy. And I'd personally take a wholesome, home-cooked Xmas dinner over an evening at the local strip-mall, any day of the week. But to each their own.

True, the best meals come from the home, which is why my wife has both her and my grandmother’s recipe book passed down through the years. However, when the cost of cabbage, noodles, chicken, ginger, sesame, soy sauce, and associated meats to feed a family of 5 cost more than what the local buffet does, sometimes it's cheaper to just go to that "local strip mall" (I guess I don't get this because we don't have many of them in my town. Most places are their own building on their own property. Strip malls are reserved for small businesses, not restaurants) and save that 5 dollars that can go towards the electric bill to keep the lights on for another month, rather than a meal that will last one day.

But you are right, in most cases these types of people are lazy from the general consensus of what I know the American public to be (people who collect government checks is what I commonly hear), whereas people in my town are usually stuck in these positions because of tragedies, fires, drought, or things of that manner to which they are too proud to just take a hand out. They'd rather work 3 jobs to get the same amount of $$ that a person can collect for free off the government. I guess it just boils down to work ethic.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    I'll have to add this to my lexicon.

Man, I really hate those buffets. They only offer all-you-can-eat because the food is always of such poor quality that, by after the first plate, most people have no interest in really taking that challenge on. Except for the morbidly obese. They'll eat sheet-rock if you put enough duck sauce on it.
    When it occurred to me as our old high school description of the local chinese all-you-can-eat, I had to put it out there to share with everyone here. That's something too good to be kept to oneself.
    To clarify - the 'spew' part doesn't (necessarily) refer to what the cuisine makes you do, more that you'd do that to get your money's worth.

Blog Entries

I have a stack of rice paper rolls that I need to use if you have any recipes for those?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    True, the best meals come from the home, which is why my wife has both her and my grandmother’s recipe book passed down through the years. However, when the cost of cabbage, noodles, chicken, ginger, sesame, soy sauce, and associated meats to feed a family of 5 cost more than what the local buffet does, sometimes it's cheaper to just go to that "local strip mall" (I guess I don't get this because we don't have many of them in my town. Most places are their own building on their own property. Strip malls are reserved for small businesses, not restaurants) and save that 5 dollars that can go towards the electric bill to keep the lights on for another month, rather than a meal that will last one day.

But you are right, in most cases these types of people are lazy from the general consensus of what I know the American public to be (people who collect government checks is what I commonly hear), whereas people in my town are usually stuck in these positions because of tragedies, fires, drought, or things of that manner to which they are too proud to just take a hand out. They'd rather work 3 jobs to get the same amount of $$ that a person can collect for free off the government. I guess it just boils down to work ethic.
    Maybe you might want to switch grocery stores or something? I don't know. I can buy the ingredients to make a homemade stir-fry for less than $15- not including pantry staples like soy sauce because, well, you shouldn't need a new bottle of the stuff for every time you have Chinese- and my girlfriend and I are usually able to get a nice dinner and two left-over work lunches out of that (which is sort of the equivalent of feeding 6 people). You can also cut your costs by, say, getting a bottle of dried ginger instead of opting for fresh every time, or even buying your rice in bulk.

Now I'm not trying to talk you out of enjoying your favorite local buffet or whatever, so don't take it as that. Just pointing out that eating well and being a highfalutin, money-hating "foodie" are not mutually exclusive.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9