Blog Entries
    do you guys remember a couple years back when the south park guys were getting their death threats for having depicted their prophet in such a manner? after the death threats then a car bomb went off 2 blocks away from Comedy centrals main office. scary stuff. I don't understand why people want to be disrespectful of others thoughts but I also don't understand people taking it to that extreme either.
    #BeJelly

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    But is it puzzling though? How have people not realised how these extremists are by now, Insulting our Prophet will make these guys go silverback ape shit crazy. There are other ways to defeat them and making films taking the piss and lying isn't one.
    Them placing importance upon a film when no one else is is pretty puzzling, yeah. All of the attention this movie is likely ever to get is a direct result of the extremist muslim reaction. They're increasing the awareness for this shlock, which, um, strikes me as somewhat counter-productive.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Them placing importance upon a film when no one else is is pretty puzzling, yeah. All of the attention this movie is likely ever to get is a direct result of the extremist muslim reaction. They're increasing the awareness for this shlock, which, um, strikes me as somewhat counter-productive.
    And no surprise idiot Muslims and I ain't just talking about extremists, will blame 'America' for all this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    do you guys remember a couple years back when the south park guys were getting their death threats for having depicted their prophet in such a manner? after the death threats then a car bomb went off 2 blocks away from Comedy centrals main office. scary stuff. I don't understand why people want to be disrespectful of others thoughts but I also don't understand people taking it to that extreme either.
    If people were constantly erring on the side of caution to avoid offending others, comedy would cease to exist.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    If people were constantly erring on the side of caution to avoid offending others, comedy would cease to exist.
    I'm not blaming south park by any means... I just mean I personally try not to offend others, though some of the things said about islam are to be offensive and not for humor which is wrong IMO.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    Always thought 'The Room' was the worst film ever made, but I'll save that for the Movie thread.
    I understand what you're saying, I was just stating that it didn't seem like it was a serious commentary (from the bit I watched) more like a dumb SNL skit. I try to never make fun of beliefs.....except maybe catholics.

*edit: quoted the wrong Akkie post! Doh! That was Ak-worthy

And no surprise idiot Muslims and I ain't just talking about extremists, will blame 'America' for all this.
    When the movie screened in Hollywood back in June, less than 10 people showed up. Nobody even seemed to know about it. But now? Death-threats garner interest. That's just the way society works. Someone should clue the extremists into this, maybe.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I'm not blaming south park by any means... I just mean I personally try not to offend others, though some of the things said about islam are to be offensive and not for humor which is wrong IMO.
    I could understand this, if like, we were talking about something other than South Park, but its modus operandi since the beginning has been to push buttons and be provocative. That's the show's entire function.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I understand what you're saying, I was just stating that it didn't seem like it was a serious commentary (from the bit I watched) more like a dumb SNL skit. I try to never make fun of beliefs.....except maybe catholics.
    The central thrust of the whole thing is that Islam is cancer. And that the point isn't being made in a serious fashion probably only adds to the perceived mockery.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    When the movie screened in Hollywood back in June, less than 10 people showed up. Nobody even seemed to know about it. But now? Death-threats garner interest. That's just the way society works. Someone should clue the extremists into this, maybe.
    wouldn't most of our problems be solved by making people more aware.
    #BeJelly