Quote Originally Posted by HeelTurn View Post
    Has nobody realised there is a white and green ranger? Wheres the yellow one?
    She had a hard time making it to the party on account of being dead.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

If the USA's date format is MM/DD/YY, why is Indy day called "4th of July" and not "July the 4th"?

Quote Originally Posted by supergoing View Post
    If the USA's date format is MM/DD/YY, why is Indy day called "4th of July" and not "July the 4th"?

We call dates either way. But because Americans say 4th of July is independence day, we say that too

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Destruction View Post
    We call dates either way. But because Americans say 4th of July is independence day, we say that too
    I don't think you answered the question

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I don't think you answered the question
    I think I did? Or am I missing something?

Blog Entries

actually both are commonly used, I think the main reason that date first is used more than month first is because we are going from specific to general, the same way an address starts with the house number instead of the street it is on

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Blog Entries
    No, I think it makes more sense if you start with the smallest increment of time first - the day; then the next - the month and then of course the year. The other way is someone's attempt to be different on purpose I reckon - and that screams AMERICAN if ever I heard it.

I would say because 4th of July just sounds better.

Blog Entries
    Shit like this makes me wish that WWE had let Maria do her own thing
    “Here is what analytical means: Analytical skill is the ability to visualize, articulate, and solve both complex and uncomplicated problems and concepts and make decisions that are sensical based on available information. Have you looked at the wrestling business as a whole? Do you have facts from the information available? Did you solve a problem? Of course not. You just ran your mouth. And then you attack my personal life? You are a sad uninformed human. Blocked.”
    that is sexier than any picture I have seen of her. to beat someone down while actually spelling correctly on Twitter is impressive enough, but then she had to go and prove that she is smarter than he is, and big brains turn me on faster than big tits (big tits can be bought, after all)

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Blog Entries
    I think I did? Or am I missing something?
    I think he asked why do Americans call it 4th July, while you gave an answer on why us Brits call it 4th July.