Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Giddy View Post
    I can sadly say I always knew wrestling was scripted. I got into it in fourth grade (2007) because my 4 best friends absolutely loved it. Now they all hate it and I'm the only one in my entire grade who watches :/
    I've got quite a few friends who watch wrestling but they come in three categories.

The One Who Still Think It's Real: Martir Portillo
    The Ones Who Know It's Fake But Don't Know Inside Information: Portia John, Brittany Gambrell
    The Absolute Smark: Jevon Brown

Needless to say, Jevon and I have a lot of interesting conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    He doesn't watch TNA because he thinks it's the official new branch of the AARP for disgruntled WCW/WWE rejects.
    Well, you can't really fault him that.

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

I've got quite a few friends who watch wrestling but they come in three categories.

The One Who Still Think It's Real: Martir Portillo
    The Ones Who Know It's Fake But Don't Know Inside Information: Portia John, Brittany Gambrell
    The Absolute Smark: Jevon Brown

Needless to say, Jevon and I have a lot of interesting conversations.
    I know 1 guy that knows it's fake and he knows some insider stuff, but he ain't no smark.
    Sadly enough, he is the only guy I know that watches wrestling, but he quit sometime around WM time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    I know 1 guy that knows it's fake and he knows some insider stuff, but he ain't no smark.
    Sadly enough, he is the only guy I know that watches wrestling, but he quit sometime around WM time.
    Jevon is the ULTIMATE smark. He hates ALL comedy gimmicks(Clay, Marella, Ryder), hates the Divas, hates NXT, hates Superstars, hates Jerry Lawler, hates John Cena(After he debuted his new green shirt, he referred to him as a "Jolly Green Giant motherfucker"), hates Randy Orton, hates Sheamus, hates CM Punk, loves Chris Jericho, loves Dolph Ziggler and wants the cruiserweight division to be resurrected. Oh, and he hates the PG era.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Austin View Post
    My younger brother and nephew watch it and know it's fake.

My sisters boyfriend watches it and checks this site for info.

I have a friend who used to watch it all the time then stopped and now watches it again, he also checks the web for insidr info.

I have a friend who pretends not to watch it but talks about it when others aren't around (loser )

That's about it.

Before I graduated from high school, I used to wear WWE merchandise at least once a week. I have the Punk T-shirt he debuted at MITB and Zack Ryder's "Broski" T-shirt and I would wear each at least once a week and I never got teased. ONCE.

Jevon is the ULTIMATE smark. He hates ALL comedy gimmicks(Clay, Marella, Ryder), hates the Divas, hates NXT, hates Superstars, hates Jerry Lawler, hates John Cena(After he debuted his new green shirt, he referred to him as a "Jolly Green Giant motherfucker"), hates Randy Orton, hates Sheamus, hates CM Punk, loves Chris Jericho, loves Dolph Ziggler and wants the cruiserweight division to be resurrected. Oh, and he hates the PG era.
    Damn, he sure hates a lot. How can you hate NXT? That show is awesome. I like the Cena nickname though, it's catchy. Does he watch everything or just Raw and SmackDown?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    Damn, he sure hates a lot. How can you hate NXT? That show is awesome. I like the Cena nickname though, it's catchy. Does he watch everything or just Raw and SmackDown?
    Smarks tend to hate a lot. But he likes most of the heels and hates most of the faces.

For me it was a slow gradual realization that it was fake. I didn't have the internet or many friends to ruin it for me. It just slowly clicked into place for me. I started watching on 2004 and around 2009 is when I fully realized it was fake. I always liked faces and hated heels. I would boo when I was supposed to and was shocked at every run-in or return. I would watch every show: Raw, Smackdown, Heat, Velocity. Now I'm cynical, bored from the repetition and only watch Raw once a month.

I can even tell you the first episode I watched. It was the night after Summerslam '04. Randy Orton had just won the World Heavyweight Championship, becoming the youngest WHC in WWE history. He had a rematch with Benoit that night and after the match Evolution turned on him.
    I will never forget you, CBot. You will always be my one true love.

Blog Entries
    When I started watching in the 90s I already knew wrestling was fake, and as big as it was in the UK at the time I still didnt watch it. When one of my mates started telling me about storylines I was confused (I expected it to be just wrestling like a lot of British companies) so I gave it a watch and was hooked.

Blog Entries
    I'd break the news to your friend as soon as possible. If it gets out that he thinks it's real, he's up for some merciless teasing. You'd be doing him a favour. Does he know about Santa Claus yet?

Oh and Austin, don't think your post escaped my attention. *points at door* Walk or I'll walk you - your choice