1. #43321
    Quote Originally Posted by jelle1809 View Post
    okay, and any idea how that works or how to sign up? Or do you just have to get noticed by Youtube themselves? Might be interesting to do.
    I think ad revenue starts getting generated after you cross a certain subscriber threshold.

    There's a pretty popular guy on there, Boogie2988, who does the character Francis, and I know that he's able to pull a living off of his Youtube bits. But dude has 600,000+ subscribers, and I don't think that sort of number is an easy thing to cultivate. Like, I imagine it would take an almost job-like dedication.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5


  2. #43322
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I think ad revenue starts getting generated after you cross a certain subscriber threshold.

    There's a pretty popular guy on there, Boogie2988, who does the character Francis, and I know that he's able to pull a living off of his Youtube bits. But dude has 600,000+ subscribers, and I don't think that sort of number is an easy thing to cultivate. Like, I imagine it would take an almost job-like dedication.
    After you get a few thousand views Youtube asks you to sign up to get money, it happened to me, but I didn't end up doing it, don't know why.

  3. #43323
    Quote Originally Posted by The Piper View Post
    After you get a few thousand views Youtube asks you to sign up to get money, it happened to me, but I didn't end up doing it, don't know why.
    Just curious: How many views were you getting?


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5


  4. #43324
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Just curious: How many views were you getting?
    I had about 2 thousand on a video, meaning I would be making money, but not an amount worth jumping for joy at, like 10 dollars a month or something like that, depending on how many people kept viewing

  5. #43325
    Quote Originally Posted by The Piper View Post
    I had about 2 thousand on a video, meaning I would be making money, but not an amount worth jumping for joy at, like 10 dollars a month or something like that, depending on how many people kept viewing
    As of this time last year, the payout was apparently $6.33 per 1,000 views. So yeah, it wouldn't be much. Still, that's a movie ticket. Or a quarter of a tank of gas.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5


  6. #43326
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    As of this time last year, the payout was apparently $6.33 per 1,000 views. So yeah, it wouldn't be much. Still, that's a movie ticket. Or a quarter of a tank of gas.
    That was an old account, just looked back at it, I got 17 thousand views on a video, and a few thousand on others -_- guess I should have signed up

  7. #43327
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,264
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Haha, that's awesome.



  8. #43328
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,264
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    As of this time last year, the payout was apparently $6.33 per 1,000 views. So yeah, it wouldn't be much. Still, that's a movie ticket. Or a quarter of a tank of gas.
    Oh that's the price of a movie ticket over there? For an adult (that's anyone over 16) to see a movie here, it's $19.00. A quarter tank of petrol for a family sized car runs about the same.



  9. #43329
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,264
    Blog Entries
    6
    Well this is awkward



    Gonna win the title on a tour show are ya, Ryback?



  10. #43330
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,264
    Blog Entries
    6
    Here you go Dennis



    She probably never said it but anyway...



Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.