1. #42651
    Moderator Asherdelampyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Boktor, Drasnia
    Posts
    10,791
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    I usually use remote desktop as a last resort when I can't get out of band access to a router. Having to walk someone through consoling into a router can be painful sometimes.

    Luckily I don't have to do that kind of troubleshooting a whole lot. God bless being in a Tier 2 position.
    the differences between network and end user. All my troubles are end users (Customers even), if I wasn't working from home I would go back to helpdesk. but I make as much as I did as L2, and I don't have to wear pants.
    course, in MD they actually pay L2s better, so it probably wouldn't be a step up for you.


    Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.
     

  2. #42652
    Black Ninja Moderator Bodom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    16,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    the differences between network and end user. All my troubles are end users (Customers even), if I wasn't working from home I would go back to helpdesk. but I make as much as I did as L2, and I don't have to wear pants.
    course, in MD they actually pay L2s better, so it probably wouldn't be a step up for you.
    I don't any work on our core, but I'm technically network and end users. Though in my department end users equates to a hotel lol.

    But I can't see myself doing help desk work. Rather stick with networks.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

  3. #42653
    Moderator Asherdelampyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Boktor, Drasnia
    Posts
    10,791
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    I don't any work on our core, but I'm technically network and end users. Though in my department end users equates to a hotel lol.

    But I can't see myself doing help desk work. Rather stick with networks.
    I deal with actual customers now, like the 88 year old lady that wants me to install a "Browser" because she heard you need one of those things to get online.
    and even after that? Still not as stupid as the techs I used to walk through repairing ATMs


    Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.
     

  4. #42654
    Black Ninja Moderator Bodom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    16,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    I deal with actual customers now, like the 88 year old lady that wants me to install a "Browser" because she heard you need one of those things to get online.
    and even after that? Still not as stupid as the techs I used to walk through repairing ATMs
    I would lose my mind.

    And there's nothing worse than a field tech that doesn't know how to listen.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

  5. #42655
    Moderator Asherdelampyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Boktor, Drasnia
    Posts
    10,791
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    I would lose my mind.

    And there's nothing worse than a field tech that doesn't know how to listen.
    Yeah, that's why I'm happy to be doing chat only. now I don't have to actually talk to them. by the time I get the user, I have full control of their system.


    Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.
     

  6. #42656
    Black Ninja Moderator Bodom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    16,957
    I need this inside me.

    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

  7. #42657
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,329
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    I need this inside me.
    Those words bring back such bittersweet memories :'(



  8. #42658
    Black Ninja! K2Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Crying My Eyes Out About Everything
    Posts
    16,681
    Blog Entries
    5
    I have got to learn to stop giving people the benefit of the doubt. -_-


  9. #42659
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,329
    Blog Entries
    6
    Shame on anyone who accepted that friend request! LOL Oh well it was a nice distraction for 5 seconds, on with our normal lives



  10. #42660
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,329
    Blog Entries
    6
    Just got some awesome tour news! Stoked!



Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.