Thread: #FreeBodom

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Yea, I was kind of disgusted by the notion. Many woman and girls flash people for attention alone... she does it for money and maybe even artistic purposes (I don't really think of it as artsy but who knows maybe she does and that's what counts here) and we get to judge her? Seems a bit weird to me.
    I'd hate to see how those types of people treat women in real life. It'd be kind of scary.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    I'd hate to see how those types of people treat women in real life. It'd be kind of scary.
    I've seen guys with that mentality, they tend to treat women like items.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    It's a shame really. And it seems like anyone who thinks otherwise is a "feminist" or overtaken by PC morale.

Blog Entries
    I treat women like items, just y'know, expensive ones.

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Blog Entries
    It's a shame really. And it seems like anyone who thinks otherwise is a "feminist" or overtaken by PC morale.
    No, you don't get it. Hopping onto that particular bandwagon and waving that flag against the sexist haters doesn't mean any more because you are male. I think a lot of people make that mistake, thinking that. Taking up the crusade to throw down the feminist gauntlet and "make these rednecks see what's right" is the total wrong approach. The best you can do is treat women correctly yourself and avoid trying to win a scant few over to "the side of right".

As far as the incident itself goes, let me tell you what it is doubtlessly all about - politics. What could have been no more than an 'incident' has been blown way out of proportion because some "we have the right to be offended and we will" types at Spike TV decided they could generate an amount of publicity over it. Most companies like to handle these thing behind closed doors for the benefit of all and I have no doubt TNA would have handled it that way - with a sit down, talk it through, apology, shake hands and move on. But no.

Large companies -in this case Spike - are always dying these days to be looking to be doing something positive for society. Why? Because it generates good feeling in customers and customers mean money. There is nothing - NOTHING - altruistic about Spike's motives. I highly doubt they're even that concerned with Hemme. She's just a means to an end. That's a fact, jack.

Aries didn't thrust his crotch towards her - in fact he was being pretty careful not to maintain contact I think. I can't help but think of the many, many cases of girls who give consent and then cry rape later when things don't work out for them, be it if the boy doesn't want to be with them or their parents find out - whatever. I don't think Hemme is to blame though. As I said, I think she's been made to toe the Spike TV line, TNA's attempt to placate them.

Of course nobody deserves to be sexually harassed. But where is the line in this? Isn't what Hemme experienced much more akin to public humiliation than sexual harassment?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    No, you don't get it. Hopping onto that particular bandwagon and waving that flag against the sexist haters doesn't mean any more because you are male. I think a lot of people make that mistake, thinking that. Taking up the crusade to throw down the feminist gauntlet and "make these rednecks see what's right" is the total wrong approach. The best you can do is treat women correctly yourself and avoid trying to win a scant few over to "the side of right".

As far as the incident itself goes, let me tell you what it is doubtlessly all about - politics. What could have been no more than an 'incident' has been blown way out of proportion because some "we have the right to be offended and we will" types at Spike TV decided they could generate an amount of publicity over it. Most companies like to handle these thing behind closed doors for the benefit of all and I have no doubt TNA would have handled it that way - with a sit down, talk it through, apology, shake hands and move on. But no.

Large companies -in this case Spike - are always dying these days to be looking to be doing something positive for society. Why? Because it generates good feeling in customers and customers mean money. There is nothing - NOTHING - altruistic about Spike's motives. I highly doubt they're even that concerned with Hemme. She's just a means to an end. That's a fact, jack.

Aries didn't thrust his crotch towards her - in fact he was being pretty careful not to maintain contact I think. I can't help but think of the many, many cases of girls who give consent and then cry rape later when things don't work out for them, be it if the boy doesn't want to be with them or their parents find out - whatever. I don't think Hemme is to blame though. As I said, I think she's been made to toe the Spike TV line, TNA's attempt to placate them.

Of course nobody deserves to be sexually harassed. But where is the line in this? Isn't what Hemme experienced much more akin to public humiliation than sexual harassment?
    You make very valid points. I will say that the only reason that I called sexual harassment on this incident was because Hemme herself said that what he did was unacceptable. It rests solely on her shoulders on whether or not she was treated in an indecent manner or not and nobody else has a right to say so. Once I found out that Aries apologized to Hemme on the matter, that's when things should have ended and it should have stayed behind closed doors instead of getting blown out of proportion by SpikeTV. Personally, I don't know all of the facts surrounding SpikeTV's motives on this situation but I do feel that it was rather strange for them to be a part of this since matters in the wrestling industry are usually handled by the performer's/official's so you may have a point with them doing it for profit.

Blog Entries
    Nobody can speak for her, or Aries. They can only speak for themselves and right or wrong, who's to decide that? The whole Playboy argument was ridiculous, right up there with "she deserved to get raped, dressed like that". If they were to turn around and put Hemme in pigtails and bobby sicks and played up the innocent little girl angle - despite giving Hobert a massive heart attack - that would be completely wrong. I would love to know how she really felt and, as I questioned, did she feel sexually harassed or just humiliated?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Nobody can speak for her, or Aries. They can only speak for themselves and right or wrong, who's to decide that? The whole Playboy argument was ridiculous, right up there with "she deserved to get raped, dressed like that". If they were to turn around and put Hemme in pigtails and bobby sicks and played up the innocent little girl angle - despite giving Hobert a massive heart attack - that would be completely wrong. I would love to know how she really felt and, as I questioned, did she feel sexually harassed or just humiliated?
    I think it all comes down to SpikeTV's motives. Like you said, they could be doing this for themselves so if that's the case, I doubt that Hemme ran up to them and said "Aries touched by no-no square!". On the other hand, if they're trying to condemn an actual case of sexual harassment, then I feel that Hemme had her say in the matter because with all of the lewd and raunchy programming on their channel block, surely this wouldn't be a blip on their radar, right?

Blog Entries
    I think it all comes down to SpikeTV's motives. Like you said, they could be doing this for themselves so if that's the case, I doubt that Hemme ran up to them and said "Aries touched by no-no square!". On the other hand, if they're trying to condemn an actual case of sexual harassment, then I feel that Hemme had her say in the matter because with all of the lewd and raunchy programming on their channel block, surely this wouldn't be a blip on their radar, right?
    Yeah, I'm not sure what Spike screen regularly but if it's like that, it makes me think they're doing the old "watch the right hand so you don't see what the left is doing" bit. The motive would be for them to be able to say "hey, look it's ok if we screen something raunchy here, because we did this awesome PC thing over here. The raunch is fiction but the pc action was REAL! Look!" You see what I'm saying?

I think its best to ignore these types of things until the butthurt fades,
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.