1. #40651
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Ah ok... I wasn't aware that AP thought like that. Though knowing that doesn't really change my perception of her because as you said we are all adults around here.
    Whoa there buddy; don’t have me putting words in her mouth for her. Ask her how she thinks as I was just stating how I took the conclusion of the conversation. I believe it was being discussed in one of the food threads but I don’t recall the entire conversation. I do know that the idea of killing animals came up in the topic, which is where my reference comes from but if you want to know how she thinks, you should discuss it with her yourself.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I just know from personal experience that arguing with people tends to get me in trouble haha. For instance one of my friends is a very hardcore christian. They tend to avoid any conversation that involves vulgar language. If you were to tell that person that you were pro choice I think that would definitely impact there opinion of you. Also it would most definitely effect that persons choice in a mate. I know it might be viewed as cowardly but when we talk about issues that we don't totally agree on... for instance gay marriage...

    But the thing is a conversation doesn’t have to be an argument. It can be, get this, a conversation when you speak to one another and are considerate of their point of view during the discussion. And let me ask you a question; are you thinking about dating a woman who you aren’t honest enough to tell your stand or views on a topic with? If so, you are definitely getting off on the wrong foot by hiding your truths for the sake of her not thinking less of you (I have a feeling I have said this before). If she isn’t mature enough to have a conversation about a serious topic without getting upset and thinking you aren’t worth dating, then you should probably reconsider your standards when searching for someone to date my friend.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I typically just tell that person that I respectfully disagree with there position. To me it's just easier. I'm not letting them walk on me because I am telling them I disagree with them and if they wanted to debate the issue fine, I'm pretty sure everyone knows I'd debate if this particle of sand was bigger than that particle of sand... But for the most part I think you are better off spending that time you would spend pissing off that friend (trust me, I have done my fair share of pissing them off) trying to find something you do agree on... or just random interests you both have. For instance me and you could talk in depth about many things and that's cool... but I'm sure if you were trying to talk to many other members of this site your post size might be a little less in depth.

    This view point is noble; I will commend you for that. But I find it to be superficial and ultimately boring when the only thing you converse about is things you share interest in. How many times do I want to have the same conversation about how much I like chocolate ice cream more than vanilla before I grow weary of the conversation we were having. But you are correct in that the majority of users wouldn’t respond in depth the way you and I do. It’s one of the reasons why I enjoy conversations with you, Rob, K2, akkie (and the majority of many regulars in the CboT for that matter) so much; we actually converse rather than trying to find that one liner that is going to make everyone think you’re such a cool and hip kind of guy. BTW - If we had a team name I think it would probably be between "Team Novel" or "Mountains and Molehills".


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  2. #40652
    Black Ninja! akbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,268
    Blog Entries
    14
    !!! JBL just mentioned the now legend Ronnie O Sullivan on Raw, didn't know any yanks would know him

  3. #40653
    Black Ninja!
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Shovel Shop
    Posts
    14,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I am curious on what you are talking about but I have a feeling it's in the IWA thread.
    Now what would make you think that?


    To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

  4. #40654
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    !!! JBL just mentioned the now legend Ronnie O Sullivan on Raw, didn't know any yanks would know him

    Such small things make akkie happy... He's like that slow kid on the short bus getting to sit next to his favorite window to lick.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  5. #40655
    Black Ninja! akbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,268
    Blog Entries
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post

    This view point is noble; I will commend you for that. But I find it to be superficial and ultimately boring when the only thing you converse about is things you share interest in. How many times do I want to have the same conversation about how much I like chocolate ice cream more than vanilla before I grow weary of the conversation we were having. But you are correct in that the majority of users wouldn’t respond in depth the way you and I do. It’s one of the reasons why I enjoy conversations with you, Rob, K2, akkie (and the majority of many regulars in the CboT for that matter) so much; we actually converse rather than trying to find that one liner that is going to make everyone think you’re such a cool and hip kind of guy. BTW - If we had a team name I think it would probably be between "Team Novel" or "Mountains and Molehills".
    I think we can agree that's every EWN tea spot member in a nutshell

  6. #40656
    Black Ninja! akbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,268
    Blog Entries
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I think we can agree that's every EWN tea spot member in a nutshell
    Exhibit A .......



    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Such small things make akkie happy... He's like that slow kid on the short bus getting to sit next to his favorite window to lick.

  7. #40657
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    Exhibit A

    What can I say; we are all of the same self-serving nature


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  8. #40658
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,482
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Whoa there buddy; don’t have me putting words in her mouth for her. Ask her how she thinks as I was just stating how I took the conclusion of the conversation. I believe it was being discussed in one of the food threads but I don’t recall the entire conversation. I do know that the idea of killing animals came up in the topic, which is where my reference comes from but if you want to know how she thinks, you should discuss it with her yourself.





    But the thing is a conversation doesn’t have to be an argument. It can be, get this, a conversation when you speak to one another and are considerate of their point of view during the discussion. And let me ask you a question; are you thinking about dating a woman who you aren’t honest enough to tell your stand or views on a topic with? If so, you are definitely getting off on the wrong foot by hiding your truths for the sake of her not thinking less of you (I have a feeling I have said this before). If she isn’t mature enough to have a conversation about a serious topic without getting upset and thinking you aren’t worth dating, then you should probably reconsider your standards when searching for someone to date my friend.





    This view point is noble; I will commend you for that. But I find it to be superficial and ultimately boring when the only thing you converse about is things you share interest in. How many times do I want to have the same conversation about how much I like chocolate ice cream more than vanilla before I grow weary of the conversation we were having. But you are correct in that the majority of users wouldn’t respond in depth the way you and I do. It’s one of the reasons why I enjoy conversations with you, Rob, K2, akkie (and the majority of many regulars in the CboT for that matter) so much; we actually converse rather than trying to find that one liner that is going to make everyone think you’re such a cool and hip kind of guy. BTW - If we had a team name I think it would probably be between "Team Novel" or "Mountains and Molehills".
    I assume she's like that to a point. Most vegi's are... Unless they are like Daniel Bryan and doing it for health reasons.

    Most all my friends know my view points including girls I have liked in my friends circle. As you are aware I was on a debate team so most of those issues are very common place topics among my friends. Though some of my friends who are not in love with argumentation tend to not only disagree with me on some issues but get very pissed off when I prove them wrong. For instance one of my friends told me that logic was obnoxious... as I have said previously in this thread on a conversation similar to this one. You are right though, if you are trying to date someone you shouldn't hide your big beliefs from them. I wouldn't do that to myself, and I wouldn't do that to a girl I had romantic interest in. It's not far to either of us. I'm sure your wife is very much use to arguing with you, which is a good thing... The best conversations you can have tend to be conversations that start with some sort of logical clash.

    It can be boring at times not to argue with people but you just typically find stuff to do. I never argue with some of my friends and in place we watch Community or Doctor Who... Is it as fun? probably not because I do love to argue a lot... But that love will not make you friends with some people. I have countered view points on this site to several people and they would just get angry and tell me not to treat everything as a debate. Even though this is clearly a place that you are suppose to discuss issues, it's kind of the idea of a forum right?

    I like team novel... but mountains and molehills might be slightly better. hahah I bet no one ever thought I'd be a member who posted lengthy posts on a common basis when I was fighting the 10 character limit on a constant basis in the "Dennis' Diner" thread.
    #BeJelly


  9. #40659
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,363
    Blog Entries
    6



  10. #40660
    Black Ninja Moderator Bodom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    16,957
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I think we can agree that's every EWN tea spot member in a nutshell
    Except me.

    My one-liners are intended to mock and ridicule. Not impress.

    Because I don't like any of you.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.