1. #40071
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,481
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post

    Sorry Denny, but this is one of those situations where the point went past you. A debate with a female over the topic of abortion is not the point that I was expressing; it's compromising your own personal views in order to win over a female creates havoc in the long term because you are not showing her who you really are, what you actually think, and how you genuinely feel about a topic. These compromises in honesty are just as bad as those guys who while at the club trying to pick up girls, claim to be some hotshot record producer when they actually have not job and still live with their mother. The absolute result is still a fraudulent claim from the truth because you are still being dishonest with both her and yourself.
    Alright, I thought you were just saying that you would say that you are pro choice when you are really pro life... or say that your against gay marriage when you are really for it... etc etc etc... I was just stating that personally I choice not to debate those kind of topics with girls I like. You are right, someone shouldn't fraudulently claim to be anything that they are not. It can only lead to trouble.
    #BeJelly


  2. #40072
    Black Ninja! VanHooliganX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Vanity City
    Posts
    19,587
    Blog Entries
    7
    Brennon Jennings ladies and gents.

    Twitter = /GREATBLACKOTAKU

    /sp/artan, wee/a/boo and /wooo/ browser.

    I can't believe this

  3. #40073
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Alright, I thought you were just saying that you would say that you are pro choice when you are really pro life... or say that your against gay marriage when you are really for it... etc etc etc... I was just stating that personally I choice not to debate those kind of topics with girls I like. You are right, someone shouldn't fraudulently claim to be anything that they are not. It can only lead to trouble.


    Personally, I haven't been a person to deny my thoughts/feelings/views for the sake of a female; At least not since I was in my teenage years. But there have been far too many times when I have seen friends alter their own personal truths for the sake of their counterparts. In an attempt to not create conflict or not have the girl "think less of them", they will deny truths that we have had hour long discussions about. Fickle or feeble of mind, it seems as if the idea of having someone think of them as "not a perfect match" is worse than the idea of standing up for what they believe like the men they claim to be.


    It is a bit more tragic when you know they have a better stance on the topic than their counterpart, yet willingly back up their claims because they "didn't want to hurt their feelings" by having an alternate (and more substantial) opinion of the topic in question. I had a friend who was born and bred here in the oil fields. People argue the problems from the environment to economical positioning in the world based off the oil field. When you are in it, you see it a bit different than say an environmental activist. My friend dated such a person, who when involved in a conversation over the impacts that the oil field has had on the US, she was tooth and nail against the idea of drilling or producing anything out of the ground. My friend, who had concluded a discussion with me the day before about the economical benefits of the industry due to the 100k plus (well paying) jobs that it provides for my area alone (excluding off shore work) just sat quietly as his female rambled on about how the "black tar will choke the life out of its people" because it has no value in society... All the while driving a F-450 Diesel pickup truck 2 blocks to grab her pack of Marlboro Lights, consuming a case of bottled water weekly (without recycling or reusing the plastic bottles), and even wearing cosmetics made from petroleum based products produced from the said oil field she hates so dearly.


    I wasn't sure which to shake my head at more that night; the hypocrisy of those trying to "save the planet" or that of my friend who denied his own self for the sake of the girl he was pursuing not seeing him in the "pure" (truth-filled) light of his actual personality.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  4. #40074
    Normal Member Archangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The front lines of Palavan.
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post

    Personally, I haven't been a person to deny my thoughts/feelings/views for the sake of a female; At least not since I was in my teenage years. But there have been far too many times when I have seen friends alter their own personal truths for the sake of their counterparts. In an attempt to not create conflict or not have the girl "think less of them", they will deny truths that we have had hour long discussions about. Fickle or feeble of mind, it seems as if the idea of having someone think of them as "not a perfect match" is worse than the idea of standing up for what they believe like the men they claim to be.


    It is a bit more tragic when you know they have a better stance on the topic than their counterpart, yet willingly back up their claims because they "didn't want to hurt their feelings" by having an alternate (and more substantial) opinion of the topic in question. I had a friend who was born and bred here in the oil fields. People argue the problems from the environment to economical positioning in the world based off the oil field. When you are in it, you see it a bit different than say an environmental activist. My friend dated such a person, who when involved in a conversation over the impacts that the oil field has had on the US, she was tooth and nail against the idea of drilling or producing anything out of the ground. My friend, who had concluded a discussion with me the day before about the economical benefits of the industry due to the 100k plus (well paying) jobs that it provides for my area alone (excluding off shore work) just sat quietly as his female rambled on about how the "black tar will choke the life out of its people" because it has no value in society... All the while driving a F-450 Diesel pickup truck 2 blocks to grab her pack of Marlboro Lights, consuming a case of bottled water weekly (without recycling or reusing the plastic bottles), and even wearing cosmetics made from petroleum based products produced from the said oil field she hates so dearly.


    I wasn't sure which to shake my head at more that night; the hypocrisy of those trying to "save the planet" or that of my friend who denied his own self for the sake of the girl he was pursuing not seeing him in the "pure" (truth-filled) light of his actual personality.
    I automatically point those types of things out. I prefer to call them bitch slaps of truth.

  5. #40075
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    I automatically point those types of things out. I prefer to call them bitch slaps of truth.

    While you and I (and my friend) see these truths and mock those who claim one thing yet live by a different mindset (i.e. "I am Straight Edge - Free of all mind altering drugs and chemicals" while chugging their 4th Rock star Energy drink of the day and claiming specific “exceptions” to the rules as being deem an “acceptable” practice involved in the lifestyle) I felt a bit bad when I began telling her about just how many things produced from the petroleum industry are a part of her daily life. I felt bad because it should have been my buddy who did this, but felt that it would create a conflict with his significant other because of it. The good thing was that the conversation remained decent on my side (I am a pretty patient person by nature) even when she got heated, but she never took offense to my opinion because I never went out of my way to make her feel stupid for having hers. This will tie back to the original direction this conversation started in; how you express your honesty is just as important as the content of your views. Would it have changed their relationship had my friend been the one to say these things? I couldn't tell you, but it did give me a new perspective on just how hard it is to show your stand up character to back your belief system when the idea of getting laid is in the forefront of your consciousness.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  6. #40076
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,481
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post

    Personally, I haven't been a person to deny my thoughts/feelings/views for the sake of a female; At least not since I was in my teenage years. But there have been far too many times when I have seen friends alter their own personal truths for the sake of their counterparts. In an attempt to not create conflict or not have the girl "think less of them", they will deny truths that we have had hour long discussions about. Fickle or feeble of mind, it seems as if the idea of having someone think of them as "not a perfect match" is worse than the idea of standing up for what they believe like the men they claim to be.


    It is a bit more tragic when you know they have a better stance on the topic than their counterpart, yet willingly back up their claims because they "didn't want to hurt their feelings" by having an alternate (and more substantial) opinion of the topic in question. I had a friend who was born and bred here in the oil fields. People argue the problems from the environment to economical positioning in the world based off the oil field. When you are in it, you see it a bit different than say an environmental activist. My friend dated such a person, who when involved in a conversation over the impacts that the oil field has had on the US, she was tooth and nail against the idea of drilling or producing anything out of the ground. My friend, who had concluded a discussion with me the day before about the economical benefits of the industry due to the 100k plus (well paying) jobs that it provides for my area alone (excluding off shore work) just sat quietly as his female rambled on about how the "black tar will choke the life out of its people" because it has no value in society... All the while driving a F-450 Diesel pickup truck 2 blocks to grab her pack of Marlboro Lights, consuming a case of bottled water weekly (without recycling or reusing the plastic bottles), and even wearing cosmetics made from petroleum based products produced from the said oil field she hates so dearly.


    I wasn't sure which to shake my head at more that night; the hypocrisy of those trying to "save the planet" or that of my friend who denied his own self for the sake of the girl he was pursuing not seeing him in the "pure" (truth-filled) light of his actual personality.
    Most girls that I like tend to disagree with me on several issues. For example I very much accept that gay marriage should and will eventually be accepted by our society but some girls that I end up liking tend to disagree with me on this issue... I wouldn't say I'm nearly as bad as what you are saying your friend did but I will tell the girl I disagree with her and if she insists on changing my mind and arguing her half of the argument with me I will listen and not refute it even though I could likely crush her personal beliefs. I always look at it as what am I going to gain? Most of the time when someone is against something like gay marriage no matter how logical an argumentation, they just won't care. As a girl once told me when I was arguing with her about why she should accept gay marriage " Logic is obnoxious and has no place in real life half the time"... Does that make me cringe thinking about it? Of course... but it's not like I'm going to change a view like that hahah.
    #BeJelly


  7. #40077
    Moderator Asherdelampyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Boktor, Drasnia
    Posts
    10,791
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Alright, I thought you were just saying that you would say that you are pro choice when you are really pro life... or say that your against gay marriage when you are really for it... etc etc etc... I was just stating that personally I choice not to debate those kind of topics with girls I like. You are right, someone shouldn't fraudulently claim to be anything that they are not. It can only lead to trouble.
    What do you talk about then? What happens when something comes up on the news about one of these issues? You just pretend not to notice? That's as bad as lying. If you like the girl, it's kind of important that you share the same values, and you won't find out if she does unless you talk to her


    Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.
     

  8. #40078
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,481
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    What do you talk about then? What happens when something comes up on the news about one of these issues? You just pretend not to notice? That's as bad as lying. If you like the girl, it's kind of important that you share the same values, and you won't find out if she does unless you talk to her
    Choosing not to debate with a girl doesn't mean you won't tell her what you feel about a topic. I just won't argue my point towards her. For example a girl I currently like is super christian so she doesn't like the idea of gay marriage. I am totally ok with gay marriage and if anything one might call me super for the acceptance of other people... Does she know that I'm for it, of course! Do I try to argue it with her, no. If she wants to rant on about how terrible it is I will just listen and she will quickly realize I don't agree with her and move on. Most of my friends and people I keep close around know I love to argue... In fact my closest friends are people I was on a debate team with, so they know I can argue my points. I just find no benefit in debating a topic with a girl when she obviously isn't going to agree with me. She's a christian who believes everything her church tells her to be true... I'm never going to prove to her that gays have the right to marry one another so why push the issue on her?
    #BeJelly


  9. #40079
    On being let go by the WWF and his last interaction with Vince McMahon: "I didn't find out. They just kind of sent us home after a tour in Memphis and I sorta saw the writing on the wall. I actually phoned Vince. I'd saved his home number. So I called him and I said "Hey it's Rick Titan here from Calgary, Alberta, Canada and it looks like my contracts up and I just wanted to see if you wanted to do anything else with the character?" All he said to me was, "Rick, please don't call me at this number again." That was it. I saw my dream was destroyed and he didn't give a damn."

    Damn, that be cold from Vinnie Mac!

  10. #40080
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,363
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Austin View Post
    On being let go by the WWF and his last interaction with Vince McMahon: "I didn't find out. They just kind of sent us home after a tour in Memphis and I sorta saw the writing on the wall. I actually phoned Vince. I'd saved his home number. So I called him and I said "Hey it's Rick Titan here from Calgary, Alberta, Canada and it looks like my contracts up and I just wanted to see if you wanted to do anything else with the character?" All he said to me was, "Rick, please don't call me at this number again." That was it. I saw my dream was destroyed and he didn't give a damn."

    Damn, that be cold from Vinnie Mac!
    Rick Titan should have called Titan Towers.



Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.