1. #40061
    Normal Member Archangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The front lines of Palavan.
    Posts
    187

  2. #40062
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,493
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Sorry Donny, "studies" rarely take into account human nature and real life situations. There's a lot of stuff "normal" society refuses to acknowledge about certain truths to life and so "studies" and "polls" are always, always slanted and based on carefully chosen questioning designed to lead the results towards a desired conclusion. Kind of like a WD08 poll.

    The question of the amount of sexual partners plays into every insecurity we are brought up to have about sex. It's the great unknown for a large percentage because it's a hush-hush topic that is impossible to talk about without two very important key elements: an openminded and trusted group of peers and the lowering (or eliminating) of your own inhibitions. I will tell you for a fact - the happiest relationships in the world are amongst those who can get a little debased and freaky with each other. Now, I'm not suggesting that they (necessarily) have to be doing anything too nasty but part of human nature is that we are sexual creatures and we owe it to ourselves to tap into that. I truly feel sorry for people to whom sex is simply functional and not a form of expression.

    So I refute your "studies" as being created to produce a desired outcome. Think about it, "studies" need to be backed and funded. Who do you think does that? That's right - people who will benefit from them.
    I don't disagree that some studies are bias I was just pointing out that it wasn't so black and white. Asher put out the assertion that marriages are going to fail if they are done at a young age... I was just pointing out there is evidence to the contrary. I wasn't stating that the evidence was the whole story, just that it did exist.

    The thing that a study will likely forget to mention is the reason people marry young. Many marry young because it's apart of their religion. A mormon who gets married is likely going to stay married and to a mormon being 25 and not married is super weird. Also it's very frowned upon to get divorced in a culture like that. So to assert that young people getting married leads to divorce would be incorrect because there is a reason they are getting married young.

    Also I meant the study that I'm quoting to be taken as a grain of salt... Just an interesting note, not as gospel. I think we all know that studies about human nature tend to be slanted.
    #BeJelly


  3. #40063
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Sorry Donny, "studies" rarely take into account human nature and real life situations. There's a lot of stuff "normal" society refuses to acknowledge about certain truths to life and so "studies" and "polls" are always, always slanted and based on carefully chosen questioning designed to lead the results towards a desired conclusion. Kind of like a WD08 poll.

    The question of the amount of sexual partners plays into every insecurity we are brought up to have about sex. It's the great unknown for a large percentage because it's a hush-hush topic that is impossible to talk about without two very important key elements: an openminded and trusted group of peers and the lowering (or eliminating) of your own inhibitions. I will tell you for a fact - the happiest relationships in the world are amongst those who can get a little debased and freaky with each other. Now, I'm not suggesting that they (necessarily) have to be doing anything too nasty but part of human nature is that we are sexual creatures and we owe it to ourselves to tap into that. I truly feel sorry for people to whom sex is simply functional and not a form of expression.

    So I refute your "studies" as being created to produce a desired outcome. Think about it, "studies" need to be backed and funded. Who do you think does that? That's right - people who will benefit from them.


    Sex is one of the more important factors in all relationships, but I have seen many who have had an active and healthy sex life still fall into the divorced group on Match.com... The reason is simple; honesty is what helps relationships last. Not the type of honesty that is crude (Tell your significant other that they look stupid in some crazy outfit) but the type of honesty that shows your investment into that person. This ties into the sexuality aspect because if you have a thing for a particular style of sex (say being dominated) and your partner is ignorant to what gets your juices flowing, it will eventually become drab and as the sexual being we are, we will seek it elsewhere.


    I think you're right on the money for the sexual partners idea; it's all about insecurities we have versus the lack of trust we have for others Jealousy is an ugly mother and has often been the spur for some stupid actions. If you see you and your partner see her/his ex at the bar, they exchange cordial greetings, and you walk away feeling wronged somehow justifies the action of you calling or texting that old flame of yours... Better get them before they get you, right? Far too often that kind of unhealthy mentality is prevalent in a relationship and will usually result in things getting worse; all because we weren't honest enough to express to our partner that we were human and felt a moment of jealousy to begin with. If you can't speak your WHOLE mind to your partner, why would you choose them to be something that is considered a "life partner" by the law?


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  4. #40064
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,493
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Sex is one of the more important factors in all relationships, but I have seen many who have had an active and healthy sex life still fall into the divorced group on Match.com... The reason is simple; honesty is what helps relationships last. Not the type of honesty that is crude (Tell your significant other that they look stupid in some crazy outfit) but the type of honesty that shows your investment into that person. This ties into the sexuality aspect because if you have a thing for a particular style of sex (say being dominated) and your partner is ignorant to what gets your juices flowing, it will eventually become drab and as the sexual being we are, we will seek it elsewhere.


    I think you're right on the money for the sexual partners idea; it's all about insecurities we have versus the lack of trust we have for others Jealousy is an ugly mother and has often been the spur for some stupid actions. If you see you and your partner see her/his ex at the bar, they exchange cordial greetings, and you walk away feeling wronged somehow justifies the action of you calling or texting that old flame of yours... Better get them before they get you, right? Far too often that kind of unhealthy mentality is prevalent in a relationship and will usually result in things getting worse; all because we weren't honest enough to express to our partner that we were human and felt a moment of jealousy to begin with. If you can't speak your WHOLE mind to your partner, why would you choose them to be something that is considered a "life partner" by the law?
    ^^^ On the money!

    Jealously is something that can strike anyone... If you are afraid to tell your partner you are jealous you are going to mess up... Just like any relationship in life. Being honest with others is one of the most important parts of life. Not saying you should tell your old lady that she does look fat in those jeans though hahaha.
    #BeJelly


  5. #40065
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    ^^^ On the money!

    Jealously is something that can strike anyone... If you are afraid to tell your partner you are jealous you are going to mess up... Just like any relationship in life. Being honest with others is one of the most important parts of life. Not saying you should tell your old lady that she does look fat in those jeans though hahaha.

    The thing is, you can be honest with them without being crude about it. "Baby, I love you but I am just not digging those jeans... Why not try on that blue dress. I always love how you look in that." You're being honest in telling her what you don't like, but also complimenting her and informing her what exactly you do like her in. Communication is a simple tool and 9 times out of 10 it's not really what you say to someone that can upset them as much as it is how you say it.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  6. #40066
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,493
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    The thing is, you can be honest with them without being crude about it. "Baby, I love you but I am just not digging those jeans... Why not try on that blue dress. I always love how you look in that." You're being honest in telling her what you don't like, but also complimenting her and informing her what exactly you do like her in. Communication is a simple tool and 9 times out of 10 it's not really what you say to someone that can upset them as much as it is how you say it.
    I'm assuming you are slightly more smooth with the ladies than I.

    I get your point though. I think sometimes guys forget that girls are human too... They can take critiques, you don't really need to protect them. Just don't be a douche.
    #BeJelly


  7. #40067
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I'm assuming you are slightly more smooth with the ladies than I.

    I get your point though. I think sometimes guys forget that girls are human too... They can take critiques, you don't really need to protect them. Just don't be a douche.

    It isn't so much being "smooth" with the ladies as it is being real. If you can't even express your taste in something as trivial as fashion with a woman that you are dating, what is going to happen when you begin to talk about something of actual meat to the bones? If you are against abortion, are you going to tell her that you donate to planned parenthood weekly when she states that she agrees with it? If you strongly disagree with the context of what one of her friends is saying, are you going to just sit there while she agrees with everything her gal pal states?


    Sure, we all want to impress those we are chasing after, but to sacrifice your identity for someone in order to "get them" is stupid if when you finally have them hooked they turn to find you being the facade when you actually introduce them to the real you. As I said, what is the point of getting the girl if what she likes about you is only the things you claimed to like in order to appease her in the pursuit of getting in the sack together? This situation would make any relationship difficult; let alone impossible if she finds the truth out for herself after you have already been married.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  8. #40068
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,493
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    It isn't so much being "smooth" with the ladies as it is being real. If you can't even express your taste in something as trivial as fashion with a woman that you are dating, what is going to happen when you begin to talk about something of actual meat to the bones? If you are against abortion, are you going to tell her that you donate to planned parenthood weekly when she states that she agrees with it? If you strongly disagree with the context of what one of her friends is saying, are you going to just sit there while she agrees with everything her gal pal states?


    Sure, we all want to impress those we are chasing after, but to sacrifice your identity for someone in order to "get them" is stupid if when you finally have them hooked they turn to find you being the facade when you actually introduce them to the real you. As I said, what is the point of getting the girl if what she likes about you is only the things you claimed to like in order to appease her in the pursuit of getting in the sack together? This situation would make any relationship difficult; let alone impossible if she finds the truth out for herself after you have already been married.
    I agree with what you are saying. I love to debate on pretty much every issue including the topic of abortion that you have pointed out is very contravsial. As you can probably tell because you read some of my blogs, I love to poke at the hornets nest and see what comes out but I have learned to avoid actual arguments about issues like abortion with girls that I like. First off the girls I tend to go after agree with me, and if they don't I will tell them I disagree but I will not push the issue on her. An issue like abortion is such a complicated issue and brings out so many issues with human life and human behavior. I'm not going to state my beliefs on a public forum like this but if you do ever wish to know my opinion you can shoot me a pm. I have a feeling that could be an interesting conversation.

    So yea, I agree... If you are against abortion you shouldn't fund abortions. There is a difference between trying to court a girl and destroying your own identity. I always laugh when someone creates a facade and it blows up in their face when trying to pick up a girl. Girls, like anyone else, can smell that bullshit from a mile away most of the time.
    #BeJelly


  9. #40069
    Black Ninja! VanHooliganX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Vanity City
    Posts
    19,589
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post


    I'm not saying Women are crap at sports...

    But women are crap at sports.

  10. #40070
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I agree with what you are saying. I love to debate on pretty much every issue including the topic of abortion that you have pointed out is very contravsial. As you can probably tell because you read some of my blogs, I love to poke at the hornets nest and see what comes out but I have learned to avoid actual arguments about issues like abortion with girls that I like. First off the girls I tend to go after agree with me, and if they don't I will tell them I disagree but I will not push the issue on her. An issue like abortion is such a complicated issue and brings out so many issues with human life and human behavior. I'm not going to state my beliefs on a public forum like this but if you do ever wish to know my opinion you can shoot me a pm. I have a feeling that could be an interesting conversation.

    So yea, I agree... If you are against abortion you shouldn't fund abortions. There is a difference between trying to court a girl and destroying your own identity. I always laugh when someone creates a facade and it blows up in their face when trying to pick up a girl. Girls, like anyone else, can smell that bullshit from a mile away most of the time.



    Sorry Denny, but this is one of those situations where the point went past you. A debate with a female over the topic of abortion is not the point that I was expressing; it's compromising your own personal views in order to win over a female creates havoc in the long term because you are not showing her who you really are, what you actually think, and how you genuinely feel about a topic. These compromises in honesty are just as bad as those guys who while at the club trying to pick up girls, claim to be some hotshot record producer when they actually have not job and still live with their mother. The absolute result is still a fraudulent claim from the truth because you are still being dishonest with both her and yourself.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.