Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I want God to show this power and put this whole thing to rest if he has any love for his team. Otherwise, he's letting the side down.
    I know the following will sound like a cop out but God has instituted natural and spiritual laws that the universe abides in. Asking God to perform some sort of miracle just to contradict those laws is putting God to the test which the Bible instructs people not to do. It's in Deutoronomy 6:16 by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I guess that's true. The friend that I'm talking about chooses not to deal with people that they deem to be vulgar. So I can imagine what you are saying might be part of the reason they act as they do.
    You're friend needs to read further into the bible... Somewhere after Moses would help. I'd suggest the New Testiment.

The Seventh Day Adventists or Church Of The Latter Day Saints do, I'm not precisely sure which. The rest try to feebly explain it away as not being as old as science suggests or them being fucking dragons and actually appearing in the bible somewhere. But then, the bible has a lot of whacked out shit in it - that First Testament makes Harry Potter seem reasonable!

The closest thing to "dragons" I have found is in Revelations and is a description used for the End of Days. Rapture, turmoil, the "Beast"... Those things. As for the part people justify as being in the Bible is the "Mammoth Beast" (don't quote me because I can't recall the verse) that is talked about. Some have thought this to be the Bibles nod to Dinos, but there was never mention of a large, scaled Long Neck creature named Little Foot in there.

Sounds like the type who will only have sex for procreation and only in the missionary position thankyou very much. Also, masturbation is wrong and even going to the toilet provides them with great amounts of conflict concerning the touching of their private parts. Oh dear

This makes it sound as if you have encountered a few Catholics in your day

Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    I know the following will sound like a cop out but God has instituted natural and spiritual laws that the universe abides in. Asking God to perform some sort of miracle just to contradict those laws is putting God to the test which the Bible instructs people not to do. It's in Deutoronomy 6:16 by the way.
    It worked for Elijah and a few others, but those were also men of Jewish descent who were gifted as "prophets" with the abilities to do such thing as call fire from the sky to the alter before the King's high priests. The coming of Christ does give power to the apostles to cast spirits and divine tongues, but that is a whole different side of the debate from what we're discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    Haha Deuteronomy has the BEST shit in it. I can't tell you the exact passage but it also exclaims that He who has been emasculated by crushing or cutting shall not enter the kingdom of heaven", which means if you are circumcised or even experience an unfortunate accident with your "old fella" then you are on the outs with God. (it's 23:1, I looked it up) Like I said there are all sorts of crazy shit in there. What you're saying there is basically god saying "Nah, I don't have to just because you say I do! Nyah!" It's like they were thinking of all kinds of excuses they could think might apply in the future to qualify the legitimacy of their text.

Haha Deuteronomy has the BEST shit in it. I can't tell you the exact passage but it also exclaims that He who has been emasculated by crushing or cutting shall not enter the kingdom of heaven", which means if you are circumcised or even experience an unfortunate accident with your "old fella" then you are on the outs with God. (it's 23:1, I looked it up) Like I said there are all sorts of crazy shit in there. What you're saying there is basically god saying "Nah, I don't have to just because you say I do! Nyah!" It's like they were thinking of all kinds of excuses they could think might apply in the future to qualify the legitimacy of their text.
    You do understand that those laws were set for the Jewish to follow once they escaped from Egypt rule. Laws like that pertain to practicing and orthodox Jews as most Christians are of the gentile nature. It's a bit confusing because the basis of both faiths stem from the same book, and Jews were those chosen by God, yet with the Death of Christ, the symbolism behind the veil at the altar of the high priest being torn; Jesus upheld the law and surpassed it by giving access to Heaven for those who weren't chosen. Thus, the laws of the Old Testament are guidelines on how to live life, not the rules by which you will receive eternal damnation.

DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    You do understand that those laws were set for the Jewish to follow once they escaped from Egypt rule. Laws like that pertain to practicing and orthodox Jews as most Christians are of the gentile nature. It's a bit confusing because the basis of both faiths stem from the same book, and Jews were those chosen by God, yet with the Death of Christ, the symbolism behind the vein at the altar of the high priest being torn; Jesus upheld the law and surpassed it by giving access to Heaven for those who weren't chosen. Thus, the laws of the Old Testament are guidelines on how to live life, not the rules by which you will receive eternal damnation.
    I understand and appreciate that but this is the whole problem with this text. You have one half that says one thing (and is adhered to by some) and a second half (adhered to by others) that contradicts stuff in the first half, people that believe in the book that battle each other over it and it's interpretation and that's even before they get to those outside of religion. So what we get is people like yourself that admit that the Old Testament is outdated but won't admit that the New Testament is just as outdated and Old or New, if it is outdated then interpretation is a moot point because the thing hasn't had a rewrite in 2000 years and is about as applicable as a brochure on paddlesteamers is to traversing the Gobi desert. Along the way, it loses focus on the spiritual, which originates and is derived within the individual, not from a book of short stories that doesn't resonate with most of todays society. Chapter and verse muddies the waters of spirituality and only serves to distance modern man from any good that religion may offer. That and some of it's followers who are fanatical and some just downright crazy, like Westboro or the Branch Davidians

I understand and appreciate that but this is the whole problem with this text. You have one half that says one thing (and is adhered to by some) and a second half (adhered to by others) that contradicts stuff in the first half, people that believe in the book that battle each other over it and it's interpretation and that's even before they get to those outside of religion.

I think the issue isn’t with the text but rather with people trying to pass off their way as “the right way” or “validated” higher than others. The same text is also found in other religions such as Muslim (Don’t quote me, but akbar being Muslim could validate that the same prophets and figures occur in his faith as well). Yet we as people have this undying desire to be seen as right when it’s all something personal. The relationship you experience is on a spiritual level and is not for you, the Sunday School teacher, or Joel Olsteen to determine as to it being “correct”. You are guided by the book of your set faith, and you live up to the standards as you practice, but one of the key elements to the mixed was stated when a bunch of men were about to stone a woman for adultery. “Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.” If this is the guide and Jesus (Christian faith) being the only one without sin among us, then in no way is it our right to pull a Kirk Cameron and condemn others. My views and where they are derived from, along with the experience I have with whomever I claim as my savior, are enough for me. This is why the goal of virtually all religions is SUPPOSED to be sharing testimony; not frightening others into believing what I believe.

So what we get is people like yourself that admit that the Old Testament is outdated but won't admit that the New Testament is just as outdated and Old or New, if it is outdated then interpretation is a moot point because the thing hasn't had a rewrite in 2000 years and is about as applicable as a brochure on paddlesteamers is to traversing the Gobi desert. Along the way, it loses focus on the spiritual, which originates and is derived within the individual, not from a book of short stories that doesn't resonate with most of todays society. Chapter and verse muddies the waters of spirituality and only serves to distance modern man from any good that religion may offer. That and some of it's followers who are fanatical and some just downright crazy, like Westboro or the Branch Davidians

Don’t get it twisted as I am not saying that the Old Testament is “outdated”. The Bible (if you read it frequently) is a living word. The rules set in place in the OT are founded upon principals that even you could agree with, senior Rob (Don’t Kill, Treat others well, Don’t envy) as they are guidelines that can help you to a happy life. If anything, the experiences for some help to see that even though your situation might be dire, it’s not as bad as life once was (yes, these are true stories, even if others choose to deny the “deity” involved in them). Why would you re-write something that has been documented as truth? Should we rewrite WW2 because there were parts that we don’t agree with or we didn’t understand the thinking of individuals and their actions/choices? I can agree that there are people who take things to the extreme but this is the case with anything; be it faith, obsession with television shows, fanatic ranting based about Aliens. The point is if you are spiritual, you need not defend your stance because it’s true. It hurts to see others who don’t see what I see, but one cannot make the choice for another to have faith. I am here only to give you the reasons why I see God in my life; if you choose to write them off, then so be it, but just as I haven't lived your life to understand your "truths", the same respect is asked for those of a differing "truth" than yours.

DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Let me be clear, I am happy for people to have their own belief system but as with anything, I don't believe that should be foisted () on others to the degree where it's not desired upon, which I don't doubt you'd agree on. I am sure that while you would like others to share your faith, you understand the softly softly approach is a little more user friendly.
    And yes, I do agree that the bible contains some very good messages. I take most issue with the church's stance on things like abortion or homosexuality and contraception.

Blog Entries
    Oh and Robstar, I sincerely hope you didn't think I was too forceful or anything as I not only want you to be comfortable with religious discussion but also that I didn't act like a false witness.

Blog Entries
    No I didn't think or feel that way at all. Just stating where I was standing.