Page 3955 of 4833 FirstFirst ... 29553455385539053945395339543955395639573965400540554455 ... LastLast
Results 39,541 to 39,550 of 48322
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Happy Wrestlemania Day people.
    I'm ordering it and will be inviting some friends over to watch but I'll try to drop by in the chat from time to time.

Blog Entries
    Can you explain why this is a favourite of yours and how it works out of it's context? Because to me it sounds very much like just a lazy way to avoid a point and is one step removed from "You are a poopy head"
    You sound pretty obnoxious right now.

Blog Entries
    Can you explain why this is a favourite of yours and how it works out of it's context? Because to me it sounds very much like just a lazy way to avoid a point and is one step removed from "You are a poopy head"
    I got a laugh out of it... because it pretty much is the equivalent of saying "You are a poopy head". The context was the person was a religious person and I was explaining to them how I could say something about their religion even if I wasn't a christian. They then said that quote, as they didn't want to here my silly logic.
    Disciple of Asher Presents - DEATH BUNNY

Quote Originally Posted by NiallF96 View Post
    #temamodest are the nicest people aboit. get outa here team ego! its not that my spelling gets shit when ikm drunk, just that i canr be bothered correctin the many mistakes i make while typing !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    You sound pretty obnoxious right now.
    Yeah I know, I shouldn't have made him automatically correct by simply being obnoxious, no matter how many good points I might make. Because that's a legit argument to make, right?

"Logic is obnoxious and philosophy is pretentious." Translation: I am not smart enough to argue with the facts you're presenting or comprehend the possibilities you are throwing out there so please dumb yourself down to my level.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I got a laugh out of it... because it pretty much is the equivalent of saying "You are a poopy head". The context was the person was a religious person and I was explaining to them how I could say something about their religion even if I wasn't a christian. They then said that quote, as they didn't want to here my silly logic.
    See, now I understand that. Religion is good for all sorts of denial huh? Like the way they deny the dinosaurs? That's priceless. If they'd just stick to pushing spirituality over 'facts' they'd be a lot better off

Blog Entries
    See, now I understand that. Religion is good for all sorts of denial huh? Like the way they deny the dinosaurs? That's priceless. If they'd just stick to pushing spirituality over 'facts' they'd be a lot better off
    I don't know why they just don't embrace science... I mean, until it proves them wrong, there really isn't a reason not too... lol but some just insist that everything science comes up with is the work of the devil or something.
    Disciple of Asher Presents - DEATH BUNNY

Quote Originally Posted by NiallF96 View Post
    #temamodest are the nicest people aboit. get outa here team ego! its not that my spelling gets shit when ikm drunk, just that i canr be bothered correctin the many mistakes i make while typing !

Blog Entries
    Yeah I know, I shouldn't have made him automatically correct by simply being obnoxious, no matter how many good points I might make. Because that's a legit argument to make, right?

"Logic is obnoxious and philosophy is pretentious." Translation: I am not smart enough to argue with the facts you're presenting or comprehend the possibilities you are throwing out there so please dumb yourself down to my level.
    See. You're doing it again. Logic is obnoxious. Duh.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I don't know why they just don't embrace science... I mean, until it proves them wrong, there really isn't a reason not too... lol but some just insist that everything science comes up with is the work of the devil or something.
    It comes from the mindset that if part of the Bible is wrong (or Torah, Quran, Book of Shadows, etc) then all of it must be wrong since the entire point of each one is that they were created by the divine, and therefore must contain perfect truth.

That becomes a huge deal when you are looking at the book that has been telling you everything you need to know, including what family members you should alienate for their "unholy" lifestyle, what friends you can't have, and what opportunities you have to give up, all because you believe in a book that you see unravelling before your very eyes.

It causes a panic, which in itself produces the same fear that led to religion in the first place, thereby strengthening the hold of religion, while providing a 2nd devil (since the 1st dude has really run his course by now)

Opportunity is often missed because it shows up in overalls, looking like work.

Blog Entries

The Devil Wears Lab Coats.

I guess it's just too easy to blame the devil for everything that goes wrong. It removes you from personal responsibility and thusly, having to accept or acknowledge any blame. Which, if I were religious, sounds like the motivation of the devil in itself. The devil is making me irresponsible! Pretty much every argument can be turned back on the devout in this manner. "Oh you're denying that it's the devil? What if the devil is making you say that?" lolol

Blog Entries
    I'd like to know who "they" would be. As far as I know, the only religion that really denies the existence of dinosaurs would be young Earth creationalists.