1. #39211
    Black Ninja Moderator Bodom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    16,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Looks like you have been doing both.
    There's a good chance I'm delirious from my sleep cycle being disrupted.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

  2. #39212
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,156
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    Fuck that.

    Drink weed and smoke beer.
    Like I said, I'm pro choice! Go for it Bods!

  3. #39213
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,664
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Looks like you have been doing both.
    Let me tell you this:

    1) You'll never know if you like something unless/until you've tried it yourself.
    2) You're not going to get hooked on anything if you just try it once.

    If you don't even want to try it, fair enough. But I'm just saying you can't say that you don't like something if you haven't tried it. That's how I've found out.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  4. #39214
    Black Ninja Moderator Bodom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    16,957
    I've since given it up, but I used to smoke in college.

    Newports and Black & Milds were my vice
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

  5. #39215
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I think when it's only really relevant to me... It's a safe guess... I mean, if I said, I'm never going to eat a steak again, I could probably do that with relative ease... though steak is good so I'd never do that.

    Absolute statements like this do tend to be only practical when you are in the comfort zone of a normal mind. But you do drink, don't you Den Den? No what happens is when intoxicated one night, that "big boy" mode kicks in and you decide to take a puff. You don't notice the effects because you were already wasted, but now the mindset went from "I will never" to "I will never again". From this point it becomes more of an interesting debate internally. "Did I really get stoned?" "Did I just not like it because I was drunk?" "Did it make the night more fun?" At this point most find themselves more willing to try it again just to see. If they experienced herbal remedies the way I experienced them, they soon find themselves more prone to smoking a joint to kick off the night than they would take a shot or have a drink.


    The mindset is also relevant to bigger decisions. Take murder for example - I can very confidently say that I would never murder someone in the mental state I am in. Now have a tragic event occur (say someone breaks into my house and kills one of my children or wife) in my life. That ideal that I live by has shifted to a degree that I went from 100% confidence to about 5%. I would find myself becoming more of a real life Law Abiding Citizen case than I would be the person that most of you know me for these days.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  6. #39216
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,664
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Absolute statements like this do tend to be only practical when you are in the comfort zone of a normal mind. But you do drink, don't you Den Den? No what happens is when intoxicated one night, that "big boy" mode kicks in and you decide to take a puff. You don't notice the effects because you were already wasted, but now the mindset went from "I will never" to "I will never again". From this point it becomes more of an interesting debate internally. "Did I really get stoned?" "Did I just not like it because I was drunk?" "Did it make the night more fun?" At this point most find themselves more willing to try it again just to see. If they experienced herbal remedies the way I experienced them, they soon find themselves more prone to smoking a joint to kick off the night than they would take a shot or have a drink.
    This is exactly how I smoked my first cigarette. I was drunk, somebody offered, and I just said yes, in my intoxicated state. I was also drunk when I smoked weed for the first time.
    There's no stopping it when you're drunk sometimes Dennis, so with something like that, I'd never say "Never".
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  7. #39217
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,406
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Let me tell you this:

    1) You'll never know if you like something unless/until you've tried it yourself.
    2) You're not going to get hooked on anything if you just try it once.

    If you don't even want to try it, fair enough. But I'm just saying you can't say that you don't like something if you haven't tried it. That's how I've found out.
    I'm not saying I'd get hooked or anything... I'm just saying it doesn't appeal to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Absolute statements like this do tend to be only practical when you are in the comfort zone of a normal mind. But you do drink, don't you Den Den? No what happens is when intoxicated one night, that "big boy" mode kicks in and you decide to take a puff. You don't notice the effects because you were already wasted, but now the mindset went from "I will never" to "I will never again". From this point it becomes more of an interesting debate internally. "Did I really get stoned?" "Did I just not like it because I was drunk?" "Did it make the night more fun?" At this point most find themselves more willing to try it again just to see. If they experienced herbal remedies the way I experienced them, they soon find themselves more prone to smoking a joint to kick off the night than they would take a shot or have a drink.


    The mindset is also relevant to bigger decisions. Take murder for example - I can very confidently say that I would never murder someone in the mental state I am in. Now have a tragic event occur (say someone breaks into my house and kills one of my children or wife) in my life. That ideal that I live by has shifted to a degree that I went from 100% confidence to about 5%. I would find myself becoming more of a real life Law Abiding Citizen case than I would be the person that most of you know me for these days.
    As I told robbie, I was wrong to suggest it was so definite... though, I can not imagine myself ever smoking pot.
    #TeamGeeky


  8. #39218
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,156
    Blog Entries
    6
    Woot! Drinking breaks down your best thinking! Say it with me now!

  9. #39219
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,156
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    I've since given it up, but I used to smoke in college.

    Newports and Black & Milds were my vice
    I had you pegged as a menthol man. If you know what I mean.

  10. #39220
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,664
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I'm not saying I'd get hooked or anything... I'm just saying it doesn't appeal to me.
    I'm sure The Beatles said the same thing, but look where curiosity got them
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.