Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    So we took the kids to the local wrestling event. Success; they were all happy as hell that they got to slap hands with Eugene (who was hilarious with his comedy and paired with a local guy (and manager) who did a great job playing into it). My 2 year old was head banging to all the theme songs and was the only one who wasn't scared to give Raven 5 after the match (my daughters both pulled away, stating that he was "scary" after putting a local guy through a table in a 3-way dance.) WGTT were the close and killed it in a 15-20 min match with the local Indy's "World" champion and a kid who I would compare to TJ Perkins (speed/height) crossed with Davey Richards build.

All in all it was a solid event and got a chance to see DDP and meet a few of the local boys as we sat next to the majority of the guys who were training at the school but weren't on the card (which was awesome since the guys on the card would stop at our section to jaw jack; gave the kids a great experience.) Raven got on the mic (seemed unplanned as they had to scramble to find him one) and did a great job in putting over the Indy's ("It's easy to support WWE and TNA, even ROH... Well, it kinda hard to support TNA at times, but you know what I mean" - Quote the Raven ). Had a great time and I loved how into it the kids were; my 4 year old (on her own) got the chant "You're-a-sis-sy" going throughout the arena. Such a proud moment to be a father.
    That's absolute class.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve's Right Peg of Doom View Post
    That's absolute class.

What is even more fun is that the event was a charity even for the "Breaking the Silence" cause - An Anti-Bullying campaign. The cause and speakers for the charity were all class act, but as a wrestling audience, it was our job to bully the talent this night. One of my favorite chants of the night (besides my daughters) was a "What a Weird-o *clap clap clap-clap-clap*" chant that my section started when a masked man named "Wildcard" (which was only half as horrific as the attempt of a lucha mask mixed with Albert gear that he was wearing.).

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

What is even more fun is that the event was a charity even for the "Breaking the Silence" cause - An Anti-Bullying campaign. The cause and speakers for the charity were all class act, but as a wrestling audience, it was our job to bully the talent this night. One of my favorite chants of the night (besides my daughters) was a "What a Weird-o *clap clap clap-clap-clap*" chant that my section started when a masked man named "Wildcard" (which was only half as horrific as the attempt of a lucha mask mixed with Albert gear that he was wearing.).
    That description is disturbing enough, without the visuals to back it up.

That description is disturbing enough, without the visuals to back it up.

I wish I had taken pictures to show. It was quite funny as the guy had the build of Jigsaw from Chikara which would have made more sense towards the name choice had his attire matched the mask outside the fact that they were both black and white. There were a few guys (the two involved with Raven in his 3-way, street fight immediately come to mind) that I can see going at a higher level. Maybe not TNA or WWE at the moment but I could see ROH in a few years and a place like CZW (Best of the Best, not the UltraViolent stuff), NJ Pro, or Chikara pretty soon as their chain wrestling and over all mat work were solid, but the characters needed polish.

DRG hates everyone

I wish I had taken pictures to show. It was quite funny as the guy had the build of Jigsaw from Chikara which would have made more sense towards the name choice had his attire matched the mask outside the fact that they were both black and white. There were a few guys (the two involved with Raven in his 3-way, street fight immediately come to mind) that I can see going at a higher level. Maybe not TNA or WWE at the moment but I could see ROH in a few years and a place like CZW (Best of the Best, not the UltraViolent stuff), NJ Pro, or Chikara pretty soon as their chain wrestling and over all mat work were solid, but the characters needed polish.
    That's one thing I unfortunately don't do any more, go to Indy events. They are very few and far between this side of paddling pool also.

That's one thing I unfortunately don't do any more, go to Indy events. They are very few and far between this side of paddling pool also.

What part of England are you from? (If I followed the footy thread closer I could probably tell )

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.co...nited-kingdom/

This is a list of all active (as of the first of 2013) Indy wrestling in that region; one might be closer than you think

EDIT - Click on the "Active" hyperlink to show you selected promotions listed website with dates/events

DRG hates everyone

What part of England are you from? (If I followed the footy thread closer I could probably tell )

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.co...nited-kingdom/

This is a list of all active (as of the first of 2013) Indy wrestling in that region; one might be closer than you think

EDIT - Click on the "Active" hyperlink to show you selected promotions listed website with dates/events
    There are a few in the Midlands but it's getting the time to go also, I know I'm on here a fair bit in the day (sitting in my Ivory Tower at work, it's very easy to ) but week nights are out of the equation lately and weekends are going to be a no-no for quite a while now, it's corporate entertainment season at work and that will cost me a fortune as it is.

Black Ninja!
    So we took the kids to the local wrestling event. Success; they were all happy as hell that they got to slap hands with Eugene (who was hilarious with his comedy and paired with a local guy (and manager) who did a great job playing into it). My 2 year old was head banging to all the theme songs and was the only one who wasn't scared to give Raven 5 after the match (my daughters both pulled away, stating that he was "scary" after putting a local guy through a table in a 3-way dance.) WGTT were the close and killed it in a 15-20 min match with the local Indy's "World" champion and a kid who I would compare to TJ Perkins (speed/height) crossed with Davey Richards build.

All in all it was a solid event and got a chance to see DDP and meet a few of the local boys as we sat next to the majority of the guys who were training at the school but weren't on the card (which was awesome since the guys on the card would stop at our section to jaw jack; gave the kids a great experience.) Raven got on the mic (seemed unplanned as they had to scramble to find him one) and did a great job in putting over the Indy's ("It's easy to support WWE and TNA, even ROH... Well, it kinda hard to support TNA at times, but you know what I mean" - Quote the Raven ). Had a great time and I loved how into it the kids were; my 4 year old (on her own) got the chant "You're-a-sis-sy" going throughout the arena. Such a proud moment to be a father.
    Hahaha! 'atta girl.

Jman

2x HWA Supremacy World Champion

2x JBW WARfare Tag Team Champion (with thedag and Ryusuke "Shuriken Blade" Serra)

JBW WARfare World Heavyweight Champion

AWF IronMan Champion

Worked for IWA, EWNCW, HWA, SWA,
    JBW, EWA, ICW, and AWF

EWN E-Fedding Hall of Famer

A proud member of the EWN E-Fedding Community

Blog Entries

Still better than Khali's attempt.

There are a few in the Midlands but it's getting the time to go also, I know I'm on here a fair bit in the day (sitting in my Ivory Tower at work, it's very easy to ) but week nights are out of the equation lately and weekends are going to be a no-no for quite a while now, it's corporate entertainment season at work and that will cost me a fortune as it is.

Fair enough; wine and dine to get the dime. Such is the corporate life. I have the same issue with trying to find the time to incorporate live/Indy wrestling into my life style as it is heavily centered on the family/work. I managed to use a "free day" I had with work to get to the event this past weekend and with the show being centered around a family theme (Anti-Bullying), I was pretty sure there wouldn't be moments with guys covered in blood, so it seemed an easy "go" for the kids to attend their first show. Since the event, they have been wondering when they can watch TNA and WWE live. My oldest daughter apparently can't wait to tell Bully Ray, along with the A&8's just how much she thinks they are jerks. The counter part is my youngest daughter who wants a chance to cheer for Cena at a show. My sons don’t care either way; they just want to get a chance to cheer, boo, and have some more “rowdy” fun.

I can't express enough just how awesome it is to see my kids enjoying the industry so much; I have a feeling that my great grandfather would be so proud of them and just how big of fans they are at this age.

DRG hates everyone