1. #36561
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    You're really not going to like the rest of this thread then.....
    Bear is about to start his own 'Fuck EWN and the mods" thread.
    I will never forget you, CBot. You will always be my one true love.

  2. #36562
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,510
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Just out of curiosity, would you mind sharing with me what your particular definition of "organic humor" is? As a fan of the first 3 seasons of Community, I'm just struggling to see how anyone could describe a show as layered, self aware and meta-textual as that as being even in the vicinity as organic.
    Yea, I guess you are right there... I was more thinking new girl and more specifically Raising hope.

    I would describe organic humor as something that is funny with out much effort of trying to make it be funny... Some skits in community have organic humor, but you are correct that for the most part that show is super layered and self aware...

  3. #36563
    Black Ninja! bearkg88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    9,644
    Blog Entries
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Do I irk you?

    I think Bear likes sitcoms because they are just kind of a release from real life in a humorous way... I don't know if it's a loyalty thing. I still like how I met your mother, I mean I would rather watch new episodes of ben and kate but HIMYM will do.
    Haha nice how im being mentioned and im not in a convo. For me, i just love tv shows, movies, ect. Always have. Im willing to give any show a chance. Take the americans. I watched the first 3 episodes and while i can see where some would find appeal in it, it isnt for me. In the vain of sitcoms, cbs's show earlier this year, Partners. Watched 2 eps, deleted it from my dvr and never watched another.

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I think all people like their preferred forms of entertainment because they offer some degree of escapism. But that's not really what we're talking about; it's when people refuse to acknowledge very objective flaws and/or down-turns in the things that they like to which we're referring.
    And i get apes point. Of any of the shows i watch, i can objectively say when i think they have good or not good episodes. In certain cases, himym, 2 1/2 men, raising hope, ect, it doesnt change my liking of the show.
     

  4. #36564
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Because that would be LEGEND----wait for it---------...........sorry nope, can't even finish that lamest of lame catch cries.

    I still remember people losing their shit when shows like Friends and Sex & The City ended. It's like, come on guys, get real, it's just a show. It's not even close to anything like real life and while it's a nice distraction sometimes, that's all it ever is. You'd think that such devotion would be due to the idea that these actors are just as devoted to their respective work when really? It's all about the cold hard cash and that's why they snigger at you behind their hands at fanfests. True story.
    I can understand getting devoted to a show, but not to the degree to where I'd want to see a show I love overstay its welcome and then compromise the integrity of the story it initially set out to tell in the process. I mean, how many dozens and dozens of episodes of the same shit do people really need? It's the boob tube equivalent of eating the same fucking sandwich for lunch everyday. That's what I find so damn frustrating about HIMYM and Dexter fans. And it's even more perplexing on account of the sandwiches not tasting anywhere near as good as they did in the first place.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5


  5. #36565
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Batmania
    Posts
    24,371
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    Haha nice how im being mentioned and im not in a convo. For me, i just love tv shows, movies, ect. Always have. Im willing to give any show a chance. Take the americans. I watched the first 3 episodes and while i can see where some would find appeal in it, it isnt for me. In the vain of sitcoms, cbs's show earlier this year, Partners. Watched 2 eps, deleted it from my dvr and never watched another.


    And i get apes point. Of any of the shows i watch, i can objectively say when i think they have good or not good episodes. In certain cases, himym, 2 1/2 men, raising hope, ect, it doesnt change my liking of the show.
    I disagree. I don't think you even recognise it when they do have a bad episode. It's like the guy who over looks being cheated on because of his "love" for a girl - you're either choosing to overlook it or not seeing it at all. Either way, Houston, we have a problem lol

  6. #36566
    Black Ninja! bearkg88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    9,644
    Blog Entries
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I can understand getting devoted to a show, but not to the degree to where I'd want to see a show I love overstay its welcome and then compromise the integrity of the story it initially set out to tell in the process. I mean, how many dozens and dozens of episodes of the same shit do people really need? It's the boob tube equivalent of eating the same fucking sandwich for lunch everyday. That's what I find so damn frustrating about HIMYM and Dexter fans. And it's even more perplexing on account of the sandwiches not tasting anywhere near as good as they did in the first place.
    What are you talking about? This himym sandwich from last week tastes so good
     

  7. #36567
    Black Ninja! bearkg88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    9,644
    Blog Entries
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I disagree. I don't think you even recognise it when they do have a bad episode. It's like the guy who over looks being cheated on because of his "love" for a girl - you're either choosing to overlook it or not seeing it at all. Either way, Houston, we have a problem lol
    Thats where personal opinion comes in. Two people can look at the same thing and disagree. Hell, you could poll 1,000 people and it wouldnt mean the majority is right. To me, when something is universally bad, there is something to back it up, like facts or in tvs case, ratings. If i looked through the episodes this season i could probably list a few that were mediocre or bad.
     

  8. #36568
    Am I the only one who finds himself happy in the fact that I never watched HIMYM outside of a few random episodes so I don't have to be involved with such a conversation of how great it once was versus how great some still find it to be?


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  9. #36569
    Black Ninja! bearkg88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    9,644
    Blog Entries
    102
    S
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Am I the only one who finds himself happy in the fact that I never watched HIMYM outside of a few random episodes so I don't have to be involved with such a conversation of how great it once was versus how great some still find it to be?
    Speaking of watching, did you catch the season finale of suits?
     

  10. #36570
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Batmania
    Posts
    24,371
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    What are you talking about? This himym sandwich from last week tastes so good
    See? You don't even notice it's the fresh one you're eating!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.