Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IrkenInvader View Post
    Fair point but I'd still give it to Kevin because Joss still makes good movies.
    I was referring to his tv shows in actuality.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    I fail to see

a) how they are a release and
    b) how they are "humorous"

I guess I'm just not a "sitcom" kind of guy for what Hollywood is currently putting out, but I will admit to being a fan of some of the older sitcoms... Not because everything was "better back in the day" but because the writing seemed to be more interesting and you didn't need to look for the funny parts; they just came naturally.
    Have you watched episodes New Girl or Community? I have heard good things about Parks and Recs as well... Raising hope is a solid sitcom as well, all of these sitcoms seem to have organic humor.

I will never forget you, CBot. You will always be my one true love.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Do I irk you?

I think Bear likes sitcoms because they are just kind of a release from real life in a humorous way... I don't know if it's a loyalty thing. I still like how I met your mother, I mean I would rather watch new episodes of ben and kate but HIMYM will do.
    I think all people like their preferred forms of entertainment because they offer some degree of escapism. But that's not really what we're talking about; it's when people refuse to acknowledge very objective flaws and/or down-turns in the things that they like to which we're referring.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Have you watched episodes New Girl or Community? I have heard good things about Parks and Recs as well... Raising hope is a solid sitcom as well, all of these sitcoms seem to have organic humor.

Wasn't a fan of New Girl but Community and Park & Recs were solid shows for the episodes I watched... Just couldn't hook me into watching weekly. Raising Hope was perhaps the closest (I watched the first season) but when I missed my first episode, I didn't find myself running to the On Demand section as if I missed something that I MUST watch in order to be satisfied with my television viewing experience for the day. I think that’s the biggest problem with them is that I don’t feel that I need to set a series recording option in order to watch them weekly, and that I am perfectly content with just catching them when flipping through channels.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Yeah, all of the award show are excruciating. Although, I'll confess to watching the Golden Globes with my girlfriend, but that's only because Amy Poehler and Tina Fey were hosting; those two could get me to watch just about anything (except for new episodes of How I Met Your Mother ).
    *shakes head at last part*

Blog Entries
    Also, with some people, more of what they've come to love is essentially enough. It's like, well, one piece of pizza is good, so surely two pieces must be better. As long as the formula is still in place and the characters they like are still there, everything is all gravy. It's more about comfort than it is art. They don't care about worthwhile story arcs and organic character development. They just want to see retreads of the things that made them laugh in previous episodes. The shows become like old friends that they can depend on to be there, forever unchanging.
    Because that would be LEGEND----wait for it---------...........sorry nope, can't even finish that lamest of lame catch cries.

I still remember people losing their shit when shows like Friends and Sex & The City ended. It's like, come on guys, get real, it's just a show. It's not even close to anything like real life and while it's a nice distraction sometimes, that's all it ever is. You'd think that such devotion would be due to the idea that these actors are just as devoted to their respective work when really? It's all about the cold hard cash and that's why they snigger at you behind their hands at fanfests. True story.

I think all people like their preferred forms of entertainment because they offer some degree of escapism. But that's not really what we're talking about; it's when people refuse to acknowledge very objective flaws and/or down-turns in the things that they like to which we're referring.
    Like how WWE fans can't give TNA credit for doing anything because it doesn't have the WWE emblem on the show and how TNA fans rip apart anything the WWE does because their show is rated TV-14 and WWE is not.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Just out of curiosity, would you mind sharing with me what your particular definition of "organic humor" is? As a fan of the first 3 seasons of Community, I'm just struggling to see how anyone could describe a show as layered, self aware and meta-textual as that as being even in the vicinity as organic.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    *shakes head at last part*
    You're really not going to like the rest of this thread then.....