Blog Entries
    Bear has an unnatural attachment to that show.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    One of the users here, who openly admits to liking HIMYM, is named bearkg88.
    My name ain't Dennis, I don't need explaining. I was saying you weren't funny.
    I will never forget you, CBot. You will always be my one true love.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Bear has an unnatural attachment to that show.
    He just can't seem to be objectively critical of the things that he likes. It would be a betrayal. Or something.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Quote Originally Posted by IrkenInvader View Post

Why do I find Irk telling K2 that he isn't funny to be so ironically hilarious?

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    :'(

</3 <---------- Look what you've done.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Why do I find Irk telling K2 that he isn't funny to be so ironically hilarious?
    Shut up Derpside.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Because the praise for his work was hyperbolic, and kowtowing just to appeal to the perception of the general public would have been bullshit. There were other directors who were far more deserving.

Affleck developing into a great director isn't reason enough to toss trinkets his way, imo. He's going to be making films for years, so I see no point in jumping the gun. They should just wait until he actually deserves it. (Of course, Scorsese got his statue for a lesser work like The Departed when he should have been acknowledged for Goodfellas, which is his masterpiece. So I'm keenly aware of how the whole thing is pretty silly.)
    So you're saying an Oscar would be a little bit too much of a congratulation for the equivalent of graduating from crayons to pencils??? lol But yeah, I hear what you're saying about Scorsese. They should be throwing awards at Goodfellas every year just to make up for it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    He just can't seem to be objectively critical of the things that he likes. It would be a betrayal. Or something.
    I've seen this. It's akin to the "Joss Whedon effect". That's where you get fans of a show who actually come to believe that it is somehow a part of them and they of it. They schedule their weekly viewing of it like some religious spectacle that's coupled with snacks and sodas instead of wafers and sodomy. (!) They get together with their friends ("You're Marshall! NO! YOU'RE Marshall!!!") for episode marathons and discuss at length overly derived meaning from each episode and put so much energy into understanding Ted Mosby.

Which is fine, if you have nothing else going on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I've seen this. It's akin to the "Joss Whedon effect". That's where you get fans of a show who actually come to believe that it is somehow a part of them and they of it. They schedule their weekly viewing of it like some religious spectacle that's coupled with snacks and sodas instead of wafers and sodomy. (!) They get together with their friends ("You're Marshall! NO! YOU'RE Marshall!!!") for episode marathons and discuss at length overly derived meaning from each episode and put so much energy into understanding Ted Mosby.

Which is fine, if you have nothing else going on.
    I thought that was the "Kevin Smith effect"