Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    The Big Bang theory writers need to read this comment.
    Take a look at the 2012 futurama episodes, it reads like a fucking meme list

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    I actually don't mind canned laughter in the slightest. I just hate seeing either the totally repetitive storyline, or even worse, the "We have no ideas so let's fire up the internet and turn whatever we see into a 30 minute shitfest" If you can't find anything new for your characters, start a new show
    It doesn't just apply to Big Bang Theory, a lot of shows worldwide have it and it's just annoying for me.

The 4 beta virgins + 1 attractive bitch plot doesn't have a lot of plot possibilities though so I can't really blame them. Got to milk it dry though!

Blog Entries
    I'm not a huge Futurama fan to begin with but I assumed their revival would go from average to terrible.
    #BeJelly

It was awesome!
    I will never forget you, CBot. You will always be my one true love.

Quote Originally Posted by VanHooliganX View Post
    I dunno how people can watch something with canned laughter in it. Annoying as fuck.
    To be fair, the majority of the shows that people are convinced use canned laughter are actually filmed in front of live studio audiences. This doesn't really make said shows any less shitty, but it's still rather interesting, nonetheless.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

@the_moviebob
    Protip: If your "hilarious internet viral prank" involves making more work for min wage workers with already shitty jobs, you are an asshole
    I will never forget you, CBot. You will always be my one true love.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    To be fair, the majority of the shows that people are convinced use canned laughter are actually filmed in front of live studio audiences. This doesn't really make said shows any less shitty, but it's still rather interesting, nonetheless.
    I head that How I met your mother gave people a viewing of their show beforehand and uses that laughter as their canned laughter... It's kind of in between filming it in front of a live audience and just using some crap canned laughter... I wonder if their is a correlation between sitcoms success and their usage of either authentic or canned laughter during funny parts of their show. New Girl doesn't used canned laughter and it's kind of a relief to be honest. I never realize it's their until someone points it out to me or talks about it, and then I can't get over all the laughs.

I head that How I met your mother gave people a viewing of their show beforehand and uses that laughter as their canned laughter... It's kind of in between filming it in front of a live audience and just using some crap canned laughter... I wonder if their is a correlation between sitcoms success and their usage of either authentic or canned laughter during funny parts of their show. New Girl doesn't used canned laughter and it's kind of a relief to be honest. I never realize it's their until someone points it out to me or talks about it, and then I can't get over all the laughs.
    HIMYM uses a laugh track, but it's recorded from an audience being shown a tape of their episodes. And this is done out of necessity as they take three days to film a single episode whereas other multi-camera shows do an episode a day.

New Girl isn't multi-cam and doesn't have any laughter, so it's not even really relevant to the discussion.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    HIMYM uses a laugh track, but it's recorded from an audience being shown a tape of their episodes. And this is done out of necessity as they take three days to film a single episode whereas other multi-camera shows do an episode a day.

New Girl isn't multi-cam and doesn't have any laughter, so it's not even really relevant to the discussion.
    I brought up new girl as an example of a show that doesn't use laughter... I was just saying I prefer it when shows don't rely on laughter to make you realize you are suppose to laugh at a certain joke, like new girl and that's why I brought that show up. I wondered why HIMYM did their laugh track like they do so thanks for that interesting bit of information.

I brought up new girl as an example of a show that doesn't use laughter... I was just saying I prefer it when shows don't rely on laughter to make you realize you are suppose to laugh at a certain joke, like new girl and that's why I brought that show up. I wondered why HIMYM did their laugh track like they do so thanks for that interesting bit of information.
    Yeah, what you and I are into are single camera series, which are filmed with a more cinematic approach utilizing a single camera and often done on location. Mutli-camera shows are done with 3 to 4 cameras permanently fixed to the stage where the filming takes place, so much of the action is built around the limited shots available to them.

What some people don't realize and/or choose to ignore is that the laugh track shows aren't so much dictating to the audience when to laugh, but rather the laughter is woven into the show to create a sort of comedic rhythm. It's a back-up band of sorts, and much of it is taken into context when laying out the flow of the scenes. I'm not really arguing in favor of it, but rather just trying to explain its true purpose. It is what it is, and much of it just boils down to personal preference.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9