Page 3615 of 4834 FirstFirst ... 261531153515356536053613361436153616361736253665371541154615 ... LastLast
Results 36,141 to 36,150 of 48335
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    I wouldn't call it a "rhythm game" because it's virtually a side (down) scroller that has you strumming randomly to achieve points, not based upon the "rhythm" of the actual guitar that you do your best to poorly emulate.

Calling it a "party game" seems fitting as the only person I can see playing the game during its heyday were college kids who would spend hours wasting their brain cells with a mix of liquor and the thrashing of a plastic guitar in an attempt to impress the walking Petri dish who would join them for their "brotherly" functions of the fraternity. I find it only fitting that now you see it in common arcade places and the only persons who will spend the $2 per set are the children trying to imitate their big brother Jack who is still working on his 2nd year, 5 years into his college tenure.

However, your confession as this being a game does a MASSIVE amount to explain that list of songs you sent me a while back. I often wondered where you'd pull out a brilliant song like "Paint it Black" to slap in the middle of the list while leaving out "Sympathy for the Devil" or "Can't you hear me knocking" off the list.
    The only song that was on my list that I learned from a rockband game was teenage riot. I'm sure if you made a list of songs, I could point out some great songs that you missed out on as well. Music is filled with gems.
    Disciple of Asher Presents - DEATH BUNNY

Quote Originally Posted by NiallF96 View Post
    #temamodest are the nicest people aboit. get outa here team ego! its not that my spelling gets shit when ikm drunk, just that i canr be bothered correctin the many mistakes i make while typing !

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    The only song that was on my list that I learned from a rockband game was teenage riot. I'm sure if you made a list of songs, I could point out some great songs that you missed out on as well. Music is filled with gems.

Denny, I am not knocking you for your choice in which songs you like and for your reasoning, but to have “Flagpole Sitta” by Harvey Danger at number 23 above "White Wedding", "Meet Virginia", "Paint it Black", "You’re gonna go far kid", "Pinball Wizard", "Creep" (all of which are the only songs featured by the respective artists, to which the only one I feel is that artists 'best song' is the Billy Idol, and trust me, I could go on with this but BMac hates me posting too many words) screams out the idea that you put more value on what was played on the major radio circuit in 96-97. Yes, all bands have their “gems” and everyone appreciates their own music, but some choices you have leave me scratching my virtual head at times wondering if your music has been censored in that you can only listen to things from a specific genre and have yet to listen to the full albums of some of the artists in question.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Denny, I am not knocking you for your choice in which songs you like and for your reasoning, but to have “Flagpole Sitta” by Harvey Danger at number 23 above "White Wedding", "Meet Virginia", "Paint it Black", "You’re gonna go far kid", "Pinball Wizard", "Creep" (all of which are the only songs featured by the respective artists, to which the only one I feel is that artists 'best song' is the Billy Idol, and trust me, I could go on with this but BMac hates me posting too many words) screams out the idea that you put more value on what was played on the major radio circuit in 96-97. Yes, all bands have their “gems” and everyone appreciates their own music, but some choices you have leave me scratching my virtual head at times wondering if your music has been censored in that you can only listen to things from a specific genre and have yet to listen to the full albums of some of the artists in question.
    Oh, I'm sure I haven't heard many great songs. I'm always willing to listen to more music.

#temamodest are the nicest people aboit. get outa here team ego! its not that my spelling gets shit when ikm drunk, just that i canr be bothered correctin the many mistakes i make while typing !

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Oh, I'm sure I haven't heard many great songs. I'm always willing to listen to more music.

Same here. If I catch a tune I like from a certain band, I'll give the whole CD a listen. I remember when "Cold" by Crossfade hit the radio waves. I checked the CD out and got a kick out of the "Colors" song but the CD soon fell into one of the sleeves in my case and was quickly forgotten. I got a kick when "Colors" became a popular radio single a few years later and had to dig through my case to give the album another listen.

DRG hates everyone

Sympathy For The Devil...Guns N Roses or Rolling Stones?

The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

Blog Entries
    Same here. If I catch a tune I like from a certain band, I'll give the whole CD a listen. I remember when "Cold" by Crossfade hit the radio waves. I checked the CD out and got a kick out of the "Colors" song but the CD soon fell into one of the sleeves in my case and was quickly forgotten. I got a kick when "Colors" became a popular radio single a few years later and had to dig through my case to give the album another listen.
    I recently started listening doing that. Gotye's song somebody that I used to know is average... but eyes wide open is pretty awesome. The lumineers song ho hey made me listen to their first album, Stubborn love and dead sea might also be better than ho hey.

This is a widely unknown gem, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBlood View Post
    Sympathy For The Devil...Guns N Roses or Rolling Stones?

Stones no question...

Jagger kills the vocals and the best part of the song was the time it was released (1968). Think about the cultural difference from society these days and what is considered "acceptable" by the masses versus what was "acceptable" back in '68.

The only credit that GnR get for that song is that it was stated by Slash as being "the sound of the band breaking up" in '96

DRG hates everyone

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBlood View Post
    This is a widely unknown gem, btw.

Have you heard Jane's Addictions cover of the Song?

DRG hates everyone

Have you heard Jane's Addictions cover of the Song?
    Damn, just noticed this was supposed to be a link to another song...LOL

This is one of the dudes from HIM btw...

Nah but I'm listening to that one next though.

While we're on the subject of different types of random musis...A piece from my favorite Urbana rapper...At least I think that's the name of that genre, that's what its called on the TV anyways, those 800 channels..

El Nengo Flow, El RealG4Life, Soldado Callejero...La Arterillia.