Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Name one GREAT movie Emma Stone has been in please.
    Superbad is GREAT. Nothing to do with her, really, but it's not as if she hasn't managed to apply her limited talents to quality projects before.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    You can't teach chemistry Akkie. It's either there or it's not. Good actors can push the envelope and achieve it.
    I didn't literally mean it, just pointing out Gosling and Stone just let me down in that film, I expected more from them, especially Ryan Gosling but oh well, shows you how important directing and dialogue really is. Lol

Blog Entries
    Name one GREAT movie Emma Stone has been in please.
    I really liked superbad, the help, and Easy A... even though I'm aware the last two are probably not super popular with this crowd.. I liked them a lot.
    #TeamGeeky

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    And Emma Stone not having chemistry with Ryan Gosling isn't even a thing because they were great together in Crazy, Stupid, Love. The whole problem with their dynamic in Gangster Squad was simply that the script sucked and Stone was woefully miscast as a femme fatale.
    Yet another example of using the current "IT" girl to attempt to lure in a certain section of audience? Sounds very much like that.

A concept which it appears people like Dennis (no offense Denny, you're not Robinson Crusoe there) seemingly buy into too much; Hollywood gets something with any perceived value and strangles the life out of it, squeezing every available drop of worth from it until we, the audience are sick to death of it and sigh in resignation when said thing is cast aside to limp along with their career in any vehicle they can, always hoping for that one big role to put them back in the spotlight and public adoration again. And Dennis (and people like him) are unwitting accomplices to these actions because they repeat by rote and regurgitation the content of reviews and friends opinions because we wouldn't want to be one of unpopular opinion now, would we?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Superbad is GREAT. Nothing to do with her, really, but it's not as if she hasn't managed to apply her limited talents to quality projects before.
    Right, I should have worded that - name one movie Stone has MADE great. (which is to say Denny, that she brought something else to the role noone else could have)

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I really liked superbad, the help, and Easy A... even though I'm aware the last two are probably not super popular with this crowd.. I liked them a lot.

I liked Easy A for the story, not Emma Stone...

And I am perhaps the only person to think Superbad was vastly over rated. The film was a good attempt at the current generation's humor and shenanigans of the "Party Life" but the cursing was to the point that the movie wasn't as funny (which says a LOT coming from me since I worked in the Oil Fields of Texas - Comparable to Sailors vulgarity). There are only so many times you can hear someone say fuck and pussy, expecting a laugh, before it gets annoying. The saving grace for the film (for me anyways) were the cops. Rogan and Hader were excellent in the film.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Wait, the guy who said that The help is one of his favorite movies is afraid of an unpopular opinion? Even though he's posting that on a wrestling forum lol
    #TeamGeeky

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Wait, the guy who said that The help is one of his favorite movies is afraid of an unpopular opinion? Even though he's posting that on a wrestling forum lol

Denny - Don't deflect; take the argument head on. Have Rob and Ape not taught you to stand up for yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Yet another example of using the current "IT" girl to attempt to lure in a certain section of audience? Sounds very much like that.

A concept which it appears people like Dennis (no offense Denny, you're not Robinson Crusoe there) seemingly buy into too much; Hollywood gets something with any perceived value and strangles the life out of it, squeezing every available drop of worth from it until we, the audience are sick to death of it and sigh in resignation when said thing is cast aside to limp along with their career in any vehicle they can, always hoping for that one big role to put them back in the spotlight and public adoration again. And Dennis (and people like him) are unwitting accomplices to these actions because they repeat by rote and regurgitation the content of reviews and friends opinions because we wouldn't want to be one of unpopular opinion now, would we?
    Pretty much.

I'm fairly convinced that Stone mainly got the job in Gangster Squad because the role caused for her to wear lots of make-up, and she's the spokeswoman for REVLON. Her involvement would theoretically bring the female demos in, and then have them heading to Macy's post-movie. Or some other such marketing nonsense.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Denny - Don't deflect; take the argument head on. Have Rob and Ape not taught you to stand up for yourself?
    His point wasn't totally off base to me. I just didn't agree with him putting me into that crowd. I don't mind having an unpopular opinion.
    #TeamGeeky