Blog Entries
    I'm thinking of making a rule that a user cannot reference themselves in tags.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    GOTIS???
    Two of my female friends game, and they're actually both every bit as attractive as the girl represented in the first two pics, if not even more so. Granted, they lean more to the Nintendo side of things, but the point still kind of stands. Nerd culture is so pervasive now, and hot girls just aren't immune to it.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    GOTIS???
    I never thought about it... but online gamers are terrible with gotis haha. one of my female friends (she is my friend in real life) put "The reason I sound like a 12 year old boy is because I'm a girl, and don't ask me for my number freaks!" because apparently she gets hit on constantly. she isn't ugly but she isn't hot either.
    I'm thinking of making a rule that a user cannot reference themselves in tags.
    does someone actually do that lol?
    #BeJelly

I can honestly say that I don't remember sounding anything like a girl when I was 12. I'm pretty sure I just sounded like a 12 year old boy.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I can honestly say that I don't remember sounding anything like a girl when I was 12. I'm pretty sure I just sounded like a 12 year old boy.
    it's a very common mistake on xbox live for guys to mock girls on xbox because they have not hit puberty. Most common on games I don't really like to play anymore... like call of duty.
    #BeJelly

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    it's a very common mistake on xbox live for guys to mock girls on xbox because they have not hit puberty. Most common on games I don't really like to play anymore... like call of duty.
    I'm not following. Are they like all "Take that, menstruation!", or are you saying that the scholars on Xbox Live were mistaking the girls for fellow guys who had not yet hit puberty? If it's the latter, I'm still lost as to when 12 year old boys started sounding female.

This also wouldn't be another instance of you taking some anecdotal, micro-example and applying it on a macro level, would it?

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    I never thought about it... but online gamers are terrible with gotis haha. one of my female friends (she is my friend in real life) put "The reason I sound like a 12 year old boy is because I'm a girl, and don't ask me for my number freaks!" because apparently she gets hit on constantly. she isn't ugly but she isn't hot either.

does someone actually do that lol?
    *coughPOOTcough*

The point of that post is that I'd say around 60-80% of the boys out there online gaming imagine that, because of the faceless voice thing, online girls become attractive to them because they are hopeless, insecure introverts and they often develop feelings for the person attached to the disembodied voice, mostly because they have in common the closest thing to their heart - gaming. That they would imagine the voice belongs to an attractive girl is a matter of course since that percentage of socially inept gamers tends to have unrealistic and narrow views about what is attractive in a female, thanks to what the media puts forth which is the closest thing some of these fellas are getting to a girl that's not their sister. You just have to watch any 'gaming/geek culture' show to see the type of girl they choose to represent the genre which, in all honesty, proves to be the exception rather than the rule. I'm sure they're there, as are the "cool dudes" of the gaming world. And in recent times, those percentages have changed to reflect the larger section of the gaming community who actually do have a clue. And a life.
    These are the ones who have more realistic and accepting standards of women - people who won't automatically write someone off because of their not-instantly-spectacular appearance and take them for the value of the personality that they might have been attracted to sight unseen.

Blog Entries
    There's 10 year old girls playing Call Of Duty?

Blog Entries
    Maybe Aloisick attended Orlando Jordan's wrestling school - http://orlandojordanschoolofwrestlin...ling/Home.html