Page 3044 of 4827 FirstFirst ... 204425442944299430343042304330443045304630543094314435444044 ... LastLast
Results 30,431 to 30,440 of 48268
    Blog Entries

Knowing they're fucking your daughters - Merry Christmas. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    It's more to do with the phantom "rights" people assume they have when it comes to people being able to express their opinion. I've said it on here before - I refuse to believe that I cannot express my opinion, simply because it offends someone to read it.

NOW.....this is wide open to misinterpretation. Obviously within rules, guidelines and general decency, we can't just discuss anything - here. In the privacy of our own homes, we surely can.

So, I have the right to say what I want. You - for instance - have the right to be offended by whatever I say. What you don't have a right to is to object to me EVER saying it in front of you, simply because it's sensitive to you. If it fits into the social guidelines of the environment, then it's open for discussion and not selective censorship. Understand?
    Yes,Being offended is understandable even,but not being offended way too much...The statement has been abused entirely too much...I move for saying it new ground for banning,actually.

The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

Blog Entries
    It's more to do with the phantom "rights" people assume they have when it comes to people being able to express their opinion. I've said it on here before - I refuse to believe that I cannot express my opinion, simply because it offends someone to read it.

NOW.....this is wide open to misinterpretation. Obviously within rules, guidelines and general decency, we can't just discuss anything - here. In the privacy of our own homes, we surely can.

So, I have the right to say what I want. You - for instance - have the right to be offended by whatever I say. What you don't have a right to is to object to me EVER saying it in front of you, simply because it's sensitive to you. If it fits into the social guidelines of the environment, then it's open for discussion and not selective censorship. Understand?
    I'm just slightly confused on one part... if you have the right to say anything that fits with in a social guideline wouldn't you have the right to say that you are offended by something with in that social guideline... I'm just playing a devils advocate here don't go ape crap on me rob2d2.
    Disciple of Asher Presents - DEATH BUNNY

Quote Originally Posted by NiallF96 View Post
    #temamodest are the nicest people aboit. get outa here team ego! its not that my spelling gets shit when ikm drunk, just that i canr be bothered correctin the many mistakes i make while typing !

Blog Entries

Simply breathtaking. Get chills every time I watch it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I'm just slightly confused on one part... if you have the right to say anything that fits with in a social guideline wouldn't you have the right to say that you are offended by something with in that social guideline... I'm just playing a devils advocate here don't go ape crap on me rob2d2.
    Yeah that's what I meant, I should have worded it more precisely. You sure can tell me that you're offended by it but - and here's what I'm trying to impress - you can't restrict my ability to say it. And allow me to reiterate, it very much depends on the guidelines of the forum (not just an internet forum but the forums of life in general). You should really be respectful of your environment at all times.
    There is NOTHING wrong with being offended by something; there's nothing wrong with saying you're offended by something - but there's everything wrong with insisting that just since you happen to be offended by it, people shouldn't say it.

I cannot stress enough that this form of self expression should always take into account the standard and normal rules for communication - that being mutual respect and regard. I'm not going to say things (always) to be deliberately contentious but sometimes it just happens. An example of this might be....talking about homosexuals. I can discuss that quite comfortably but some people object to being included on such a conversation - it's almost the perfect example. Whereas it would be OK to discuss gays, it would be not appropriate to discuss gay sex - or any sexualities sex - in a manner of poor taste.

Black Ninja!
    Why are you so offensive?

Blog Entries
    Oh shit B Mac. I don't think I can help it. It's just the way I think.

Black Ninja!
    Oh shit B Mac. I don't think I can help it. It's just the way I think.
    That's almost the complete opposite of how I thought you would go with that... lol. I guess it's the truth though...

Yeah that's what I meant, I should have worded it more precisely. You sure can tell me that you're offended by it but - and here's what I'm trying to impress - you can't restrict my ability to say it. And allow me to reiterate, it very much depends on the guidelines of the forum (not just an internet forum but the forums of life in general). You should really be respectful of your environment at all times.
    There is NOTHING wrong with being offended by something; there's nothing wrong with saying you're offended by something - but there's everything wrong with insisting that just since you happen to be offended by it, people shouldn't say it.
    I think this is my biggest problem with it.

I don't mind when someone takes a comment I say as offensive and tells me how they feel and why they think it is offensive. What I find to be the most offensive is for someone to tell me that because they took a comment in that way, I am a bad person for making the comment in question. I am open to discussion on virtually any comment and I can take most things in stride, but when someone has the mindset that they can judge or determine what kind of character I have based on what they feel I should or should not say in the context of open conversation, I have a tendency to either run that person into the ground or shut up as narrow minded people often don't have the intellectual fortitude to have an open discussion.

Most on here know that I am open to talk about any given subject (including my stands on religion and politics) but when someone refuses to accept that my theories on life are validated by MY LIFE that I have lived and just because they are alternates to anothers life style they feel the need to tell me I am wrong for having them; this is where I draw the line in the sand. I might not like dead baby jokes, but I don't treat that person as having the bubonic plauge just for enjoying the style of humor. To me, the most offensive thing someone can do is to act like they are better than someone else because they feel that their individual lines of tolerance as to what is acceptable is better than yours. EVERYONE has their skeletons and that is part of why I believe that "All men are created equal".

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

is H-Collins still around? haven't heard from him in a while