Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    so in contrast.... if you ask a girl on a date because you like her... but you need to be attracted to her and think she is nice/funny/smart/etc.. is that equally shallow?
    It's the way your fancy is sparked I guess. Being visual creatures, appealing curves, hair, eyes, or whatever stimulus is what gets your interest into a person. From there, if your only desire is to see that person with their clothes off and not actually find out if there is more of a connection before jumping into bed; that's where I draw the shallow line. Those who are going for more notches with girls that their buddies deem to be hot are the shallow types. Dating a beautiful woman who you have a connection to is not shallow. Hell, being attracted to brunettes with a nice C cup is not shallow... That is just your type. It's all in the context of what you are looking for past the obvious outer beauty as to where you can qualify your depth (since you are in fact looking "deeper" into their personalities.)

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I mean, me liking Vickie doesn't automatically NOT make me shallow - it just means my tastes are varied. But put it this way Den Den, my tastes when I was 18 were very different to what they are now. Used to be I would sweat the little things, find certain things unattractive - and yes, I consider that I was a bit shallow about certain things. But some things are purely a matter of taste - for instance I find it a HUGE turn off to see women with tattoos on their chest/breasts. Because I think it's trashy. But I wouldn't absolutely rule out getting to know someone like that, their beauty may be somewhere else. It's still your right to be choosy - you have to live with that.
    It's not shallow to find specifics unattractive. I don't commonly find Blondes in my region to be attractive because the majority of them around here have the intellect of a gust of wind. However, I do not qualify all blondes as being intellectually challenged; just the ones I come in contact with the most. I think this coincides with your tatted chest theory.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBlood View Post
    IDK...As far as attraction goes...If I don't find someone physically attractive/appealing,What's the point nor could there ever be any hope...Regardless how nice and great she is personality wise. If I don't think youre hot...There's just not much chance there,regardless of anything else.Like How Is someone gonna get my interest if your looks don't catch my eye?
    What are you going to do when those looks fade though?

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    What are you going to do when those looks fade though?
    Well If Im in love with the woman,been married to her all my life,by then the emotion connection will surpass the looks...It wont exactly matter at all when Im very old.

The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

Blog Entries
    IDK...As far as attraction goes...If I don't find someone physically attractive/appealing,What's the point nor could there ever be any hope...Regardless how nice and great she is personality wise. If I don't think youre hot...There's just not much chance there,regardless of anything else.Like How Is someone gonna get my interest if your looks don't catch my eye?
    So are you saying that the girl has to pull you into looking at her just by her natural beauty? or are you saying that if you look at her you have to find some appeal in her...
    #TeamGeeky

Well If Im in love with the woman,been married to her all my life,by then the emotion connection will surpass the looks...It wont exactly matter at all when Im very old.
    But is this a case of just time and "comfort factor" taking over the aspect of the original attraction? I ask only because I know couples who have been married for years, but the only appeal between them is that they have been together for so long they can't picture being without them. It's not a physical attraction but an emotional bond(age) that keeps them together. Without the appeal of some common views, theories, or even similar likes, then the only thing keeping you together for years is indeed the fact that you are more comfortable with them than without.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    So are you saying that the girl has to pull you into looking at her just by her natural beauty? or are you saying that if you look at her you have to find some appeal in her...
    If I look there must be some appeal or it won't go very far

Blog Entries
    So, you're admitting it's more than just looks that matter right?

So, 20 years in, when she has cesarean scars and/or isn't quite the woman you remember 'downstairs' (those bits drop too btw), her figure has been lost from carrying children - which changes a womans metabolism forever - she's not quite the envy of all your friends anymore, she's lost interest in sex (again due to the physical changes in her body from childbirth), menopause happens and she dresses for comfort now - I hope you have developed a deep love for spending quality time with her - meaning, watching TV together, long silent drives, TALKING! - hearing about her friends and other related gossipy stuff, discussing bills, the kids report cards, HER shopping exploits, the leak in the garage roof, the neighbours, getting the mower fixed - for example.

Why do you think so many guys trade their wives in for younger models? Answer: They only loved certain things about them, that are gone now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    But is this a case of just time and "comfort factor" taking over the aspect of the original attraction? I ask only because I know couples who have been married for years, but the only appeal between them is that they have been together for so long they can't picture being without them. It's not a physical attraction but an emotional bond(age) that keeps them together. Without the appeal of some common views, theories, or even similar likes, then the only thing keeping you together for years is indeed the fact that you are more comfortable with them than without.
    Yeah, it's called co-dependency.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Basically,Being attracted to someone and wanting to screw em a few is one thing...But finding love and staying with someone always no matter is a total other...Basically,rules of sex and love are different,rightfully so.

Blog Entries
    If I look there must be some appeal or it won't go very far
    Sure, looks are a key ingredient. But they're not forever.