Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    Exceptions to the rule isn't really a sound argument to make.

And the bulk of those kids were injured, not killed, so I'm not sure as to how that's really helping your case.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    That's a pretty rare example. If you were to be told that today you were going to have your life threatened, would you prefer that to be buy a gun or by a knife... I'll take my chances with the knife because at least I have a chance to fight back.
    #BeJelly

Going to watch The Hobbit tomorrow.

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Where on earth would you start with that sort of thing? There would have to be some sort of aggressive "go and fucking take them" approach and then you'd have a type of civil conflict with the masses. A "police state" attitude would have to be taken because obviously, millions of gun owners are not going to give them up easily. Massive changes to the ideas of rights have to be implemented if those steps are taken. We've all heard "what about my rights! I have rights!" which has become a catch cry for millions of Americans. To do anything significant about guns, the whole system needs gutting and restructuring and we all know, that's never going to happen.
    Fair point. But, don't we owe it to those kids, the people in Aurora Colorado, the wife of that football player, or anybody else affected by guns to do something about it?

Jman

2x HWA Supremacy World Champion

2x JBW WARfare Tag Team Champion (with thedag and Ryusuke "Shuriken Blade" Serra)

JBW WARfare World Heavyweight Champion

AWF IronMan Champion

Worked for IWA, EWNCW, HWA, SWA,
    JBW, EWA, ICW, and AWF

EWN E-Fedding Hall of Famer

A proud member of the EWN E-Fedding Community

Where on earth would you start with that sort of thing? There would have to be some sort of aggressive "go and fucking take them" approach and then you'd have a type of civil conflict with the masses. A "police state" attitude would have to be taken because obviously, millions of gun owners are not going to give them up easily. Massive changes to the ideas of rights have to be implemented if those steps are taken. We've all heard "what about my rights! I have rights!" which has become a catch cry for millions of Americans. To do anything significant about guns, the whole system needs gutting and restructuring and we all know, that's never going to happen.
    You're right, unfortunately. A fundamental paradigm shift in our warped American ideologies would need to take place, and we all now how likely that is to happen. People would rather stay blissfully ignorant than to evolve, adapt, and make concessions. That's why, sadly, we're our own biggest threat, and the majority of us are too damn blind to see it.

*is a sad panda*

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    The United States constitution gives Americans rights to have guns. It does not give us the rights to have unlimited amounts of guns, and guaranteed access to assault rifles. And it doesn't say that Americans need to get them right away... There is nothing unconstitutional about making gun ownership slightly harder.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jelle1809 View Post
    Going to watch The Hobbit tomorrow.
    I've never been much of a fan of this franchise. Didn't read the books - tried The Hobbit once when I was younger, couldn't take to it. I'll probably still watch it though!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I'm already seeing some rather spectacular arguments to the contrary popping up across the web. The whole "guns don't kill people, people kill people" chestnut is being trotted out in full force. Apparently MORE access to firearms so that everyone can be armed to the teeth while shopping and educating youngsters is a very real vision that some have for their new America.
    Didn't some genius from the NRA say recently that the Colorado shooting would never have happened if everyone went to the mall carrying M16s and wearing body armour?

That's the kind of thing you're up against in America, you can't even say 'gun control' to these people.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Didn't some genius from the NRA say recently that the Colorado shooting would never have happened if everyone went to the mall carrying M16s and wearing body armour?

That's the kind of thing you're up against in America, you can't even say 'gun control' to these people.
    Yeah, some of these clearly intelligent and entirely logical people actually think that we should use our shopping carts at Sam's Club to accommodate our Gatling guns, as looking like an Expendable while procuring one's toilet paper is a completely reasonable thing to think.

Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post

ugh! I didn't hear about that but it saddens me that someone is that ignorant.
    #BeJelly