Thread: #FreeBodom

  1. #26011
    So my girl and I decided to go and check out this new sushi spot that just opened up in town. The place turned out to be pretty swank inside, but it was 5:30pm and almost completely empty. There was only one other occupied table, and for whatever reason we got seated pretty closely to them. Everything was going nicely (the Christmas rolls were absolutely to die for) until the conversation at the other table turned to politics. This normally wouldn't be an issue as we're both pretty accustomed to tuning other people's ignorance out and just going about our business, but then this got said: "The niggers are probably going to be running things from here on out." Yeah. Seriously.

    I actually still hear quite a bit of racism from time to time, so this sadly wasn't anything new. But unfortunately for racist dude, my girlfriend is 1/4 black (and, like, 1/4 Cherokee, too), and she just doesn't play. I love her to death because she's just the sweetest girl you'll ever meet, but there are some things (and rightfully so) that trigger the She-Hulk in her to come out. And this was one of those instances. I barely even had a chance to process the information before she just lost the plot and gave dude one of the most spectacular verbal lashings I have ever witnessed. Like, it's almost as if she knew the scenario was coming and had everything she wanted to say masterfully mapped-out in advance. I was proud and terrified (and kind of aroused) all at the same time.

    The craziest part of the whole thing, though? The three people at that table actually sat there and finished their meal while pretending what had just happened had not just happened. My girlfriend sat there and eye-fucked the hell out of all of them as our things were boxed up and they were getting our check together, and these despicable people just went about their business. It even crossed my mind that when we left, they probably continued sitting there, each taking their own turn making her out to be the bad guy. And that pissed me off almost as much as the use of the n-word.

    So, um, yeah. In light of the progressive steps this country took on Tuesday, tonight's meal was a sad reminder that we still have a long way to go.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5


  2. #26012
    Black Ninja Moderator Bodom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    16,957
    We're probably going to need to wait 30-40 years for all the knuckledraggers to die off.

    That is of course if the Muslim Brotherhood don't destroy our Country before then, as one of my co-workers consistently reminds me every chance he gets.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

  3. #26013
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,274
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    So my girl and I decided to go and check out this new sushi spot that just opened up in town. The place turned out to be pretty swank inside, but it was 5:30pm and almost completely empty. There was only one other occupied table, and for whatever reason we got seated pretty closely to them. Everything was going nicely (the Christmas rolls were absolutely to die for) until the conversation at the other table turned to politics. This normally wouldn't be an issue as we're both pretty accustomed to tuning other people's ignorance out and just going about our business, but then this got said: "The niggers are probably going to be running things from here on out." Yeah. Seriously.

    I actually still hear quite a bit of racism from time to time, so this sadly wasn't anything new. But unfortunately for racist dude, my girlfriend is 1/4 black (and, like, 1/4 Cherokee, too), and she just doesn't play. I love her to death because she's just the sweetest girl you'll ever meet, but there are some things (and rightfully so) that trigger the She-Hulk in her to come out. And this was one of those instances. I barely even had a chance to process the information before she just lost the plot and gave dude one of the most spectacular verbal lashings I have ever witnessed. Like, it's almost as if she knew the scenario was coming and had everything she wanted to say masterfully mapped-out in advance. I was proud and terrified (and kind of aroused) all at the same time.

    The craziest part of the whole thing, though? The three people at that table actually sat there and finished their meal while pretending what had just happened had not just happened. My girlfriend sat there and eye-fucked the hell out of all of them as our things were boxed up and they were getting our check together, and these despicable people just went about their business. It even crossed my mind that when we left, they probably continued sitting there, each taking their own turn making her out to be the bad guy. And that pissed me off almost as much as the use of the n-word.

    So, um, yeah. In light of the progressive steps this country took on Tuesday, tonight's meal was a sad reminder that we still have a long way to go.
    Kudos to your girl Ape. Sort of figures that you'd be with a girl who isn't short on backbone!

    Yeah, that's way, WAY, WAY over the line. I'm surprised, frankly, that they can bring themselves to eat in a Japanese styled restaurant. But then again in the small, small minds of people like that, it's all Ok when it benefits them. There really needs to be a test for people to pass before they get to reproduce



  4. #26014
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Kudos to your girl Ape. Sort of figures that you'd be with a girl who isn't short on backbone!
    Yeah, she's a firecracker. She's a nurse by trade and a nurturer by nature, but she'll rip the band-aid off your boo-boo and jam her finger right into it if you cross her.

    I feel particularly bad because we went out to eat before she started a 12 hour night-shift at the hospital, so this whole ordeal was basically how she started her day. That blows, and I feel kind of awful that I wasn't able to prevent the whole thing from happening.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Yeah, that's way, WAY, WAY over the line. I'm surprised, frankly, that they can bring themselves to eat in a Japanese styled restaurant. But then again in the small, small minds of people like that, it's all Ok when it benefits them. There really needs to be a test for people to pass before they get to reproduce
    Dude that made the comment was sitting at the table with his John Deere hat on and we had both noticed that he was eating his sashimi with a fork. Our guess was that he was probably drug there because he didn't seem at all in his element, i.e. the food didn't come in any plastic baskets and there weren't any Confederate flags on the wall.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5


  5. #26015
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,274
    Blog Entries
    6
    What's worse is that, if you're a normal person, you may have your own opinions about something - however misguided they may be - but if you don't even have the regard, respect or plain old manners enough to censor yourself in public, then you're in another class altogether. Not only are you a fuckwit, you're a fuckwit with no social sensibilities and that makes you a complete asshat.



  6. #26016
    I completely agree. And it makes me a sad panda that our world is still full of people like that.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5


  7. #26017
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,274
    Blog Entries
    6
    FACK the racism!



  8. #26018
    Dude needed to be humbled, old country way. I just wasn't about to do it ('cuz I had already showered).


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5


  9. #26019
    Black Ninja! K2Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Crying My Eyes Out About Everything
    Posts
    16,680
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    FACK the racism!
    Here, here!


  10. #26020
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,448
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I completely agree. And it makes me a sad panda that our world is still full of people like that.
    I live in a very conservative area of washington. luckily I'm young enough that the people in my social group find it appauling to drop the n bomb but on occasion I feel it necessary to get upset with those people. I'm glad that on most occasions I am able to avoid those people and I'm always glad to hear stories of people putting racist in their place. tell your lady friend that she made my day by putting those ignorant idiots in their place.
    #BeJelly


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.