Page 4101 of 4834 FirstFirst ... 31013601400140514091409941004101410241034111415142014601 ... LastLast
Results 41,001 to 41,010 of 48335

Quote Originally Posted by Steve's Right Peg of Doom View Post
    I still love the fact it was called Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles in the UK, due to the word 'Ninja' having too many 'negative' connotations and also that scenes featuring Michaelangelo using his nunchuks were removed.

That's governing officials for you; always trying to protect the innocence of youth.

Speaking of "controversial" cartoons, the wife and I have been watching a lot of the older cartoons from the 40's and 50's with the kids. Chip & Dale, Donald Duck, Pluto, Goofy, Tom & Jerry, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig... There is such a plethora of great "old school" cartoons out there. That being said, I used to enjoy a show on Cartoon Network called "The Tex Avery Hour" which hosted cartoons by a great man in animation (check him out if you haven't). After watching some of his stuff on the Tube of You I can say that he had a lot of things in his cartoons that would be HEAVILY censored in today’s PC world. Cigarettes being smoked by animated characters, scantily dressed women in showgirl style night clubs, characters shooting their self in the face... The guy had a brilliant mind for animated humor (especially if you take into account the time he was producing them in) but I think a lot of his work wouldn't live up to the "acceptable" standards that kids cartoons require today; Bright, flashing colors with no point to the show such as Sponge Bob.

Quite a few of these cartoons are thought of as so "touchy" that they even have some corporate representative explaining how "the times back then where so much different and certain things were more acceptable when compared to today". The best example was a Goofy cartoon about Teachers in which a rep for Disney had to explain that back then, no one thought about kids bringing guns to school so to incorporate something like a pellet gun or grenade into the cartoon was understood as being a whacky idea.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    That's governing officials for you; always trying to protect the innocence of youth.

Speaking of "controversial" cartoons, the wife and I have been watching a lot of the older cartoons from the 40's and 50's with the kids. Chip & Dale, Donald Duck, Pluto, Goofy, Tom & Jerry, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig... There is such a plethora of great "old school" cartoons out there. That being said, I used to enjoy a show on Cartoon Network called "The Tex Avery Hour" which hosted cartoons by a great man in animation (check him out if you haven't). After watching some of his stuff on the Tube of You I can say that he had a lot of things in his cartoons that would be HEAVILY censored in today’s PC world. Cigarettes being smoked by animated characters, scantily dressed women in showgirl style night clubs, characters shooting their self in the face... The guy had a brilliant mind for animated humor (especially if you take into account the time he was producing them in) but I think a lot of his work wouldn't live up to the "acceptable" standards that kids cartoons require today; Bright, flashing colors with no point to the show such as Sponge Bob.

Quite a few of these cartoons are thought of as so "touchy" that they even have some corporate representative explaining how "the times back then where so much different and certain things were more acceptable when compared to today". The best example was a Goofy cartoon about Teachers in which a rep for Disney had to explain that back then, no one thought about kids bringing guns to school so to incorporate something like a pellet gun or grenade into the cartoon was understood as being a whacky idea.
    The older cartoons are definitely some of my favourites, love Tex Avery cartoons. You are right though so much of what was thought of as being appropriate for children back then would not get passed the PC censorship of today.

I still get huge amounts of mirth from the kicking certain 'groups' gave to cartoons like Tom & Jerry for promoting too much violence.

I've turned off my ad-blocker. The world seems so...............................annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination.

Blog Entries
    The older cartoons are definitely some of my favourites, love Tex Avery cartoons. You are right though so much of what was thought of as being appropriate for children back then would not get passed the PC censorship of today.

I still get huge amounts of mirth from the kicking certain 'groups' gave to cartoons like Tom & Jerry for promoting too much violence.
    If I recall properly, some years ago a "concerned" father sued Tom and Jerry creators for having them smoking in their cartoons, and finally succeeded, therefore the smoking scenes had to be edited.

Sheiky Baby will say it better than anyone:

Join the Best e-fed, EWNCW!! Send a PM to Tommy Thunder, Kingstrem, TheJosephBanks, S.E.Zero, TTC or me filling the form you'll find in the Inferno Thread.

Find all the EWNCW links here.

The Jesting Madness: Last EWNCW Tag Team Champions (6/3/12-5-5-12), first ever EWNCW Blacklist Champions (5-5-12/11-12)

Also check TWE!!

Blog Entries
    Perry's getting so much hate. Did y'all like the image of a bunny getting burned up that much better?

Opportunity is often missed because it shows up in overalls, looking like work.

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    Perry's getting so much hate. Did y'all like the image of a bunny getting burned up that much better?
    I like perry

STEALING THE SHOW... No really... I stole ewncw from TT... He's locked in the dungeons..

Kudos for the use of "mirth" in your sentence

I get a laugh at those who take the "OMG, that's so racist!" aspect of cartoons. The woman with the striped socks in T&J calling Tom "Jasper" is racist! How so; because they had a black woman as the voice actor for the cartoon? I also love how people pushed for cartoon violence to be banned, yet they were allowing their children to watch shows like Jurassic Park at the age of 3 or 4. I think it says more about those who are asking for MGM to censor their products because they don't want to spend the time watching these shows with their children and basically plop them in front of the TV (alone) for hours than it does about MGM producing cartoons with a cat throwing sticks of dynamite into a hole in the wall to blow up a mouse.

DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Everything I need to know about Pest control, I learned from Tom and Jerry

Opportunity is often missed because it shows up in overalls, looking like work.

Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post

Perry should be censored from P&F as it promotes my pet to fight crime and use weapons.

DRG hates everyone