Page 3918 of 4831 FirstFirst ... 29183418381838683908391639173918391939203928396840184418 ... LastLast
Results 39,171 to 39,180 of 48310
  1. #39171
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    15,903
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Don't feel bad Dennis. I used to be quite "individual" like that too. But grown ups don't behave like that. Just saying. Life is not a Jim Carrey movie.
    I think it usually stops when people have children... and they have to be more serious... My sister is in her late 20's and is super serious all the time...
    Disciple of Asher Presents - DEATH BUNNY

     

     

     

    Quote Originally Posted by NiallF96 View Post
    #temamodest are the nicest people aboit. get outa here team ego! its not that my spelling gets shit when ikm drunk, just that i canr be bothered correctin the many mistakes i make while typing !

  2. #39172
    I'd like to hear more about this "past tense voice" that you speak of.


    Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

    Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5
     

  3. #39173
    The Trinity TheDevilsAdvocate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SomewhereBetterThanHere~
    Posts
    4,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I think it usually stops when people have children... and they have to be more serious... My sister is in her late 20's and is super serious all the time...
    That is not always the case. Some people have kids at a young age and their childish antics remain. Then as they gradually begin to grow into an older woman (I am going the female route here) they will be the Mom at the slumber parties trying to be hip and crazy while sporting jammies and a belly button shirt.
    Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

    #TeamDevs

  4. #39174
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    23,431
    Blog Entries
    3
    No, I have known people that have gotten serious without the benefit of kids. That's a very simplistic way to draw the line. I still get the chance to act like a spaz - you can't be serious all the time - but I don't build my whole life on that. I wouldn't want to be known for that. If you have ever believed anything I've said to you Dennis, believe this. People may laugh at your antics but if you become famous for those antics among your nearest and dearest and decide to be that way most often because you like to make people laugh - i.e. happy - there WILL come a time when they are not just laughing with you. Shared funny moments become pity laughs when it becomes obvious that you can't or won't change that about yourself. And your friends won't encourage you to change because, as sad as it now might be, they still get a kick out of you from time to time. Which is OK for them because they aren't the one acting the goat. So they have no incentive to see you change. But what does change is others opinions of you as time goes by. They don't tell you but trust me, they tell each other. One day the words "I can't believe he did that!" will undergo an important change in tone - instead of the emphasis being on "did", it's now on "believe" and "that". Which is easy to overlook if you want to. Quirky is funny at first. Then it's just.....sad. That's the truth, me boy.

  5. #39175
    Black Ninja! akbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,981
    Blog Entries
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I don't know... I randomly bust out in song at times... Do funny walks and even have a past tense voice... The last one is just a weird quirk... The other to are because I feel like doing that... You can just be weird and not care that other people think you are weird.
    LOL really?

     
    Reserved for when Arsenal lift the FA Cup

  6. #39176
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    15,903
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    No, I have known people that have gotten serious without the benefit of kids. That's a very simplistic way to draw the line. I still get the chance to act like a spaz - you can't be serious all the time - but I don't build my whole life on that. I wouldn't want to be known for that. If you have ever believed anything I've said to you Dennis, believe this. People may laugh at your antics but if you become famous for those antics among your nearest and dearest and decide to be that way most often because you like to make people laugh - i.e. happy - there WILL come a time when they are not just laughing with you. Shared funny moments become pity laughs when it becomes obvious that you can't or won't change that about yourself. And your friends won't encourage you to change because, as sad as it now might be, they still get a kick out of you from time to time. Which is OK for them because they aren't the one acting the goat. So they have no incentive to see you change. But what does change is others opinions of you as time goes by. They don't tell you but trust me, they tell each other. One day the words "I can't believe he did that!" will undergo an important change in tone - instead of the emphasis being on "did", it's now on "believe" and "that". Which is easy to overlook if you want to. Quirky is funny at first. Then it's just.....sad. That's the truth, me boy.
    I mean obviously as I grow older it becomes less and less prevalent... My past tense voice is rarely used... but everyone has their quirks... that's what makes people, well people.
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    LOL really?
    Yea, I make a ton of music references as well...
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I'd like to hear more about this "past tense voice" that you speak of.
    It's something I do when I'm talking in dialog in the past tense... It sounds like a mocking voice, which can get me in trouble if I don't realize what I'm doing.
    Disciple of Asher Presents - DEATH BUNNY

     

     

     

    Quote Originally Posted by NiallF96 View Post
    #temamodest are the nicest people aboit. get outa here team ego! its not that my spelling gets shit when ikm drunk, just that i canr be bothered correctin the many mistakes i make while typing !

  7. #39177
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    23,431
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I mean obviously as I grow older it becomes less and less prevalent... My past tense voice is rarely used... but everyone has their quirks... that's what makes people, well people.
    No, that's what makes people annoying. Personality is what makes people what they are. And if you're not examining and maybe tweaking that from time to time, it makes you stale. And boring.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post

    It's something I do when I'm talking in dialog in the past tense... It sounds like a mocking voice, which can get me in trouble if I don't realize what I'm doing.
    So, do you do this only around certain people or everyone? And what do you mean "dialogue(right spelling) in past tense"? Do you mean like "and then she said *put on funny voice*"? That just sounds like mockery to me.

  8. #39178
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    15,903
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    No, that's what makes people annoying. Personality is what makes people what they are. And if you're not examining and maybe tweaking that from time to time, it makes you stale. And boring.



    So, do you do this only around certain people or everyone? And what do you mean "dialogue(right spelling) in past tense"? Do you mean like "and then she said *put on funny voice*"? That just sounds like mockery to me.
    Everyone tweaks their personality from time to time... And I have noticed my personality tends to be similar to the people around me the most... So, I think as that changes I slowly change...

    It's not mockery... it can be a serious topic and I still do it in a funny voice... it's not totally different.. it does seem like I'm mocking them... but that's not my intent... I tend to avoid using it unless it's in front of my friends, who get a kick out of it.
    Disciple of Asher Presents - DEATH BUNNY

     

     

     

    Quote Originally Posted by NiallF96 View Post
    #temamodest are the nicest people aboit. get outa here team ego! its not that my spelling gets shit when ikm drunk, just that i canr be bothered correctin the many mistakes i make while typing !

  9. #39179
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    23,431
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Everyone tweaks their personality from time to time... And I have noticed my personality tends to be similar to the people around me the most... So, I think as that changes I slowly change...
    So your personality is that of a girl?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    It's not mockery... it can be a serious topic and I still do it in a funny voice... it's not totally different.. it does seem like I'm mocking them... but that's not my intent...
    So you admit that it's not mockery but it can come across that way? Well, that's pretty rude! Fuck intentions mate - they're not your friend! Nobody was ever loved for their intentions! Your intentions get smothered by your ACTIONS! People see your actions, not the intent behind them. Life is 98% surface appearance. Don't expect for people to look deeper to "discover" your motives.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I tend to avoid using it unless it's in front of my friends, who get a kick out of it.
    As I stated before Donny, be careful of this. Don't become a parody of yourself, the class clown - the object of the mockery. You will not see it happening dude.

  10. #39180
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    15,903
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    So your personality is that of a girl?



    So you admit that it's not mockery but it can come across that way? Well, that's pretty rude! Fuck intentions mate - they're not your friend! Nobody was ever loved for their intentions! Your intentions get smothered by your ACTIONS! People see your actions, not the intent behind them. Life is 98% surface appearance. Don't expect for people to look deeper to "discover" your motives.



    As I stated before Donny, be careful of this. Don't become a parody of yourself, the class clown - the object of the mockery. You will not see it happening dude.
    I'm not sure if it's ok for me to say I hang out with girls on this site anymore... some people view that as bragging... lol, because being friendzoned by a bunch of girls is worth bragging about!

    I don't know, I usually get the intention of my close friends... and to me it's more meaningful.

    Like I said, I rarely use it anymore... I avoid talking in the past tense all together...
    Disciple of Asher Presents - DEATH BUNNY

     

     

     

    Quote Originally Posted by NiallF96 View Post
    #temamodest are the nicest people aboit. get outa here team ego! its not that my spelling gets shit when ikm drunk, just that i canr be bothered correctin the many mistakes i make while typing !

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.