Page 3558 of 4829 FirstFirst ... 255830583458350835483556355735583559356035683608365840584558 ... LastLast
Results 35,571 to 35,580 of 48284
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I like several things that my friends circle does not like. My friends hate Florence + The Machine but I think they are awesome.

Also as I said in the next post I posted I agree with what you said about Hollywood... I wasn't deflecting I just didn't need to say, good point robstar. I think Emma Stone like every other actor and actress might fall to that same trap at some point or another. I'm not going to defend her on that point because I'm a fan of her work, I'm not a weird EMMA STONE IS A GODDESS type of guy.

Yeah, but Emma seems to find that trap more often than Sunny gets arrested for being a druggy whore these days.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    But how is praising Emma Stone an unpopular opinion? Yes, around here it might be, but in the general public, it seems to be the consensus. My point wasn't that you should agree with him, but justify your stance on Emma being a solid actress. Give examples of her performances in which she could have never been interchangeable with the Hollywood Flavor of the Month.
    Indeed. I think Mila Kunis is a far more appealing average actress.

What gets me is that this exposé is misconstrued as an attack. When all we've been doing is pointing out very valid weak points about Stone which Denny hasn't been able to either accept or refute convincingly. I think she's a perfectly acceptable, competent, run of the mill actress personally - I just don't get the fawning; the way you make it sound Dennis is that she is the most captivating, breathtaking and awe inspiring actress of recent times and I say you are mistaking your 'arousal de amore' for a genuine and honest critique.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Yeah, but Emma seems to find that trap more often than Sunny gets arrested for being a druggy whore these days.
    I don't know about that. I haven't watched an Emma Stone movie I have not enjoyed. Though I'm sure I won't love gangster squad because I tend not to like those types of movies... I probably won't mind her role though.
    Disciple of Asher Presents - DEATH BUNNY

Quote Originally Posted by NiallF96 View Post
    #temamodest are the nicest people aboit. get outa here team ego! its not that my spelling gets shit when ikm drunk, just that i canr be bothered correctin the many mistakes i make while typing !

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Worthwhile contribution.
    I'll come back with something better when I'm seeking validation for my existence, like Dennis.

(I hope this fits in with the themes)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    I'll come back with something better when I'm seeking validation for my existence, like Dennis.

(I hope this fits in with the themes)
    I am not validating my existence. I'm not a hipster, if I have opinions that are popular with majority of society so be it.
    Disciple of Asher Presents - DEATH BUNNY

Quote Originally Posted by NiallF96 View Post
    #temamodest are the nicest people aboit. get outa here team ego! its not that my spelling gets shit when ikm drunk, just that i canr be bothered correctin the many mistakes i make while typing !

I am not validating my existence. I'm not a hipster, if I have opinions that are popular with majority of society so be it.
    You should know by now to treat my posts with the incredulity they deserve.

Tis but a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Indeed. I think Mila Kunis is a far more appealing average actress.

What gets me is that this exposé is misconstrued as an attack. When all we've been doing is pointing out very valid weak points about Stone which Denny hasn't been able to either accept or refute convincingly. I think she's a perfectly acceptable, competent, run of the mill actress personally - I just don't get the fawning; the way you make it sound Dennis is that she is the most captivating, breathtaking and awe inspiring actress of recent times and I say you are mistaking your 'arousal de amore' for a genuine and honest critique.
    The same way people were with Velvet Sky in TNA or better yet with the current Kaitlyn in the WWE. The following is for the appearance, not for the talent and performance.

I don't know about that. I haven't watched an Emma Stone movie I have not enjoyed. Though I'm sure I won't love gangster squad because I tend not to like those types of movies... I probably won't mind her role though.

But have you watched one where you sat back and said, "Holy shit, that is an actress who just blew me away with her performance" or was it closer to "I enjoy Emma Stone in that movie because she played such a cute role"?

DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    I like several things that my friends circle does not like. My friends hate Florence + The Machine but I think they are awesome.

Also as I said in the next post I posted I agree with what you said about Hollywood... I wasn't deflecting I just didn't need to say, good point robstar. I think Emma Stone like every other actor and actress might fall to that same trap at some point or another. I'm not going to defend her on that point because I'm a fan of her work, I'm not a weird EMMA STONE IS A GODDESS type of guy.
    I hate to break it to you but that's exactly how you come across! Thus far you have defended everything she's ever done and admitted you are a mark for her. How is that not doing that? Standing up for her work, as you put it makes you either blinded by affection for her or just not a very good judge of movies, sorry to say.

And liking certain things to give in evidence about your prevailing attitudes doesn't mean you aren't one to tow the popular line about other things. I would argue that you don't like these things necessarily in spite of what those around you like more than you are inspired by the validation you receive from outward sources, namely the critics, who do love them a bit of Florence and Emma Stone, don't they? I put it to you that the appeal of such things is just as much you genuinely liking them as there is something you can point to and say to others "Well, Rolling Stone likes it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    You should know by now to treat my posts with the incredulity they deserve.

Tis but a joke.
    Wade - Fighting for Emma Stone as a valid actress is

DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Yo, DRG.

You should compile a list of some Jim Cornette quotes especially from his shoots.