1. #22851
    Black Ninja Moderator Bodom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    16,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    But this stand has also increased the amounts of side boob in television by 100 fold.
    Which is bullshit. Either give us all the goods or none.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

  2. #22852
    Black Ninja! Automatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rotterdam, Holland
    Posts
    6,405
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    The absolute worst insult in my family is either "Moron" or "Homophobe" though "Racist" is a very strong 3rd

    When I call my mom a cunt, or tell my grandma that she is being overly bitchy, they just laugh.
    LOL, that's pretty cool. I just don't get moron?

    ''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

  3. #22853
    Moderator Asherdelampyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Boktor, Drasnia
    Posts
    10,770
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    LOL, that's pretty cool. I just don't get moron?
    I come from a large family of people who basically think we are all fucking brilliant, and if you don't agree, then you just don't know what brilliance is so insulting their intelligence is the fastest way to start a fight.

    As far as "Homophobe" well over half of my extended family is either bisexual or gay, so it's a bit of a different thing from the norm I guess


    Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.
     

  4. #22854
    Moderator Asherdelampyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Boktor, Drasnia
    Posts
    10,770
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    Which is bullshit. Either give us all the goods or none.
    "give me titties, or give them not, but let's not half-ass it shall we?"


    Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.
     

  5. #22855
    Black Ninja! Automatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rotterdam, Holland
    Posts
    6,405
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    I come from a large family of people who basically think we are all fucking brilliant, and if you don't agree, then you just don't know what brilliance is so insulting their intelligence is the fastest way to start a fight.

    As far as "Homophobe" well over half of my extended family is either bisexual or gay, so it's a bit of a different thing from the norm I guess
    Ah, that could actually be pretty fun.

    I figured you had a relatively open family.

    ''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

  6. #22856
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    who wouldn't want a fully equipped, sound proofed basement? People these days.

    Also, I guess I never really thought about it, but I don't try to hide liking wrestling, and don't really understand the thought process that leads to doing so. Not to say anything about those that do hide their fandom level, but for me, wrestling is one of many things I am a fan of, and to be honest, it's not even the most looked-down upon one (Seriously, I watch musicals, listen to "The Bloodhound Gang" and can not stay away from a terrible vampire movie)

    I have had people give me shit over the years, but I never actually cared. I mean, at the end of the day, being a fan of any entertainment medium is pretty much equal. People like what they like, why bother hiding it?
    While you and I may think this, it's a concept that's completely lost on the general masses. Sad fact, but people look down on wrestling and the surrounding community. And yes, most of it comes from a place of ignorance (granted, said community doesn't do itself a whole lot of favors, but that's another discussion entirely). But as I already expressed, I have little interest in combating the misconceptions. And in my case, my principles and convictions are the sort of thing that I like people to define me by. My hobbies? Eh, not so much. That's a stand that other folks will have to take, I guess.
    Last edited by Iron Ape; 10-03-2012 at 02:22 PM.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9



  7. #22857
    Black Ninja! Automatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rotterdam, Holland
    Posts
    6,405
    I finally realize what the purpose is of the Slater trio. Mahal and Drew are his groupies.
    Somebody needs to load the instruments in the van, right?

    ''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

  8. #22858
    Moderator Asherdelampyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Boktor, Drasnia
    Posts
    10,770
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    While you and I may think this, it's a concept that's completely lost on the general masses. Sad fact, but people look down on wrestling and the surrounding community. And yes, most of it comes from a place of ignorance (granted, said community doesn't do itself a whole lot of favors, but that's another discussion entirely). But as I already expressed, I have little interest in combating the misconceptions. And in my case, my principles and convictions are the sort of thing that I like people to define me by. My hobbies? Eh, not so much. That's a stand that other folks will have to take, I guess.
    I think in my case it just comes down to not honestly giving a good god damn how people define me. I work in an industry where perception is more valid than truth, and everyone I deal with is either a moron, completely insane, or not one of our customers, (With one notable exception) Outside of work, I stay the hell home, unless I am on a date with my wife or have to pick up supplies. I have created for myself a sort of social bubble that keeps everyone away, much less stressful that way

    So with all that, the only perceptions that really alter my day-to-day life are those of my wife, who already knows all of my dirty secrets, and my cat, who doesn't care how fucked up I am as long as I remember to feed him from time to time and scratch his belly. I would love for the world at large to judge me by my convictions and principles, but I don't believe that is a thing that actually happens anymore, and honestly, fuck em.
    Last edited by Asherdelampyr; 10-03-2012 at 02:33 PM.


    Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.
     

  9. #22859
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    I think in my case it just comes down to not honestly giving a good god damn how people define me. I work in an industry where perception is more valid than truth, and everyone I deal with is either a moron, completely insane, or not one of our customers, (With one notable exception) Outside of work, I stay the hell home, unless I am on a date with my wife or have to pick up supplies. I have created for myself a sort of social bubble that keeps everyone away, much less stressful that way

    So with all that, the only perceptions that really alter my day-to-day life are those of my wife, who already knows all of my dirty secrets, and my cat, who doesn't care how fucked up I am as long as I remember to feed him from time to time and scratch his belly. I would love for the world at large to judge me by my convictions and principles, but I don't believe that is a thing that actually happens anymore, and honestly, fuck em.
    And here I thought I was the one who was jaded and cynical.


    Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9



  10. #22860
    Moderator Asherdelampyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Boktor, Drasnia
    Posts
    10,770
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    And here I thought I was the one who was jaded and cynical.
    yeah, tech support tends to rip those rose-colored shades right the hell off.


    Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.
     

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.