Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    You mean it's in the player's (Thiago's) court, surely?
    I though that if the release clause has been triggered, there's nothing the actual club can do?
    As in the ball is in Barcelona's court to actually convince him to stay, because he has a leg out of the door.

One reporter has just replied to the question "If you had to stick 100 euros on it, who would he be at?" and replied with "In this situation? MUFC."
    TBOZ - Current EWNCW Evolution Champion - 28/05/2013

Former EWNCW World Heavyweight Champion - 06/03/2012 - 04/07/2012

Former 4x WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPION with GodMoney

Want to become that great? Then join EWNCW today! PM me!

Need advice on how to get started as an e-wrestler? Just PM me, I'm always free to chat!

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I don't understand why Barca don't just loan him out to some mid table Spanish team so he can get games and in to the World Cup squad. Why would you give such a good prospect player to a rival Champ League team.
    I've discussed this, they can't stop him leaving.

If he had played in around 6 more games his release clause would be 90m. Because he didn't, it remains at 18m. With release clauses, as discussed, a club CANNOT do anything to prevent a transfer if a bid is submitted of that amount.

Need advice on how to get started as an e-wrestler? Just PM me, I'm always free to chat!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardOfZeus View Post
    As in the ball is in Barcelona's court to actually convince him to stay, because he has a leg out of the door.

One reporter has just replied to the question "If you had to stick 100 euros on it, who would he be at?" and replied with "In this situation? MUFC."
    Ah I got ya.

I'm not doubting that he's on the verge of leaving lol! I know that the deal's pretty much done and that it's highly likely that we'll sign him soon.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Just in: If reports from several people are to believed, Juve have agreed a 9m+3m in add-ons deal with Manchester City for Carlos Tevez.

The incentives are supposedly easy to meet, so it's essentially a 12m euro deal.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardOfZeus View Post
    Just in: If reports from several people are to believed, Juve have agreed a 9m+3m in add-ons deal with Manchester City for Carlos Tevez.

The incentives are supposedly easy to meet, so it's essentially a 12m euro deal.
    Cheap. So cheap.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Sky Sports have it, it be the truth. Great signing, surely confirms Higuain to Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Cheap. So cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Austin View Post
    Sky Sports have it, it be the truth. Great signing, surely confirms Higuain to Arsenal.
    I beat Sky Sports News thanks to the wonderment of Twitter!

Supposedly it's because of his wages, specifically his bonus. Tevez is on 220k a week and would be due a £6.6m bonus at the start of the season. He's almost 30, doesn't play every week, so City are to let him go. Juve wouldn't have paid more, only other side in would have been Milan and they'd have paid less.

It's official; He's our keeper, our Belgian keeper, he's Simon Mignolet!!

A Mignolet, a Mignolet, a Mignolet, a Mignolet.

Very happy with that signing.

Fresh Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Austin View Post
    , surely confirms Higuain to Arsenal.
    Higuain would be a great signing for Arsenal! His goalscoring record speaks for itself, i believe he averages at least a goal every two games for Madrid and has 20 odd goals in 30 or 40 appearances for Argentina.

Giroud will probably get sold though if he arrives? Higuain usually plays as a lone striker and with the Likes of Podolski and Walcott in the 1st team i could see him warming the bench for the season as an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilby View Post
    Higuain would be a great signing for Arsenal! His goalscoring record speaks for itself, i believe he averages at least a goal every two games for Madrid and has 20 odd goals in 30 or 40 appearances for Argentina.

Giroud will probably get sold though if he arrives? Higuain usually plays as a lone striker and with the Likes of Podolski and Walcott in the 1st team i could see him warming the bench for the season as an alternative.
    A newbie!

Although I'm not his biggest fan, would of taken him any day. Like you said, great record and he is top notch.
    Giroud already said he wants Arsenal to sign a quality striker, he says he wants competition so fair play to him, probably will end up on the bench for most of the season.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.