Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by THE HEARTBREAK KID View Post
    Check this:

Scholes is the best central midfielder of the last 20 years. Not my words but the words of all these legends -
    In the last 15 to 20 years the best central midfielder that I have seen — the most complete — is Scholes. I have spoken with Xabi Alonso about this many times. Scholes is a spectacular player who has everything. He can play the final pass, he can score, he is strong, he never gets knocked off the ball and he doesn’t give possession away. If he had been Spanish then maybe he would have been valued more. - Xavi

My toughest opponent? Scholes of Manchester. He is the complete midfielder. - Zinedine Zidane

Rooney is one of the best players in the world and I love watching him play. But if you had to pick out only one, then for their history and for all that they have achieved it would have to be Paul Scholes or Ryan Giggs. They are two shining examples for any player. - Andres Iniesta

I’m not the best, Paul Scholes is. - Edgar Davids, in his prime

Out of everyone at Manchester United, I would pick out Scholes – he is the best midfielder of his generation. I would have loved to have played alongside him. - Pep Guardiola

I tell anyone who asks me – Scholes is the best English player. - Laurent Blanc

An amazingly gifted player who remained an unaffected human being. - Roy Keane

The player in the Premiership I admire most? Easy – Scholes. - Patrick Vieira

He is the one whose level I aspire to. He is the best player in the Premier League. - Cesc Fabregas

I can’t understand why Scholes has never won the player of the year award. He should have won it long ago. Maybe it’s because he doesn’t seek the limelight like some of the other ‘stars’. - Thierry Henry

Why isn’t he playing for England? It is crazy. Only in England. Scholes is a great, great player. So experienced and still, for me, one of the best in the world in midfield. Manchester United are lucky to have him. - Jose Mourinho

Paul Scholes would have been one of my first choices for putting together a great team – that goes to show how highly I have always rated him. He would have been one of the first players I’d have bought, given the chance. - Marcello Lippi

Scholes is undoubtedly the best midfielder of his generation.- Zinedine Zidane

Juan Sebastian Veron while at Chelsea being asked in an interview who’s the best English player : “Paul Scholes.”

Lionel Messi: “At La Masia (Barcelona’s Academy) his name was mentioned a lot. You could say he was a teacher.”Scholes is the best central midfielder of the last 20 years. Not my words but the words of all these legends -

#Legend.
    Thank you THBK.

The bolded particularly..... what was that about Zidane saying that Gerrard was the best?

CASE CLOSED
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Thank you THBK.

The bolded particularly..... what was that about Zidane saying that Gerrard was the best?

CASE CLOSED

Blah blah blah, care about other people's opinions etc.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Austin View Post
    Blah blah blah, care about other people's opinions etc.
    So, how does it feel to be wrong?

So, how does it feel to be wrong?

I don't think I've ever been wrong... Nope, not once.

Blog Entries
    I don't think I've ever been wrong... Nope, not once.
    You're nearly always wrong, bad habit

Blog Entries
    I wonder why no one has signed Shawcross yet...
    My favourite defender in the Prem league like ever, he is so good, just raw English defending.

"Is he the best in the world? He might not get the attention of Lionel Messi and Ronaldo but yes, I think he just might be," said Zidane.

You're nearly always wrong, bad habit
    Nah that ain't, must be a Welsh thing...

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    My favourite defender in the Prem league like ever, he is so good, just raw English defending.
    Exactly, finally in the England squad, Chelsea and Utd reportedly interested.

"Is he the best in the world? He might not get the attention of Lionel Messi and Ronaldo but yes, I think he just might be," said Zidane.

Exactly, finally in the England squad, Chelsea and Utd reportedly interested.
    I can't see any name there he could probably talk about Heskey

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Blog Entries
    Don't think so bud, I'm not always wrong, and I'm not always right either.

Quote Originally Posted by magglis View Post
    I can't see any name there he could probably talk about Heskey
    I didn't want to C&P it all, It's obviously Gerrard!

What They Said About Steven Gerrard :
    To me he is one of the super best midfielders in the world. He is an excellent player. Pelé, three-time World Cup winner, before the 2006 World Cup
    He is, in my opinion, the best midfielder in the world, and has a track record for delivering on the big occasions. Graham Taylor, former manager of the English national football team
    He has become the most influential player in England, bar none. Not that Vieira lacks anything, but Gerrard does more. Alex Ferguson, manager of Manchester United FC
    He is undoubtedly one of the best midfield players in the world. Carlo Ancelotti, manager of AC Milan
    We are preparing a special weightlifting plan for Gerrard's shoulders because we want him to lift a lot of trophies for us in the next few years. Rafael Benítez, manager of Liverpool FC
    Steven Gerrard was awesome today. We were just laughing in the dressing room that at one stage we thought he was heading his own crosses in. Gareth Southgate on Gerrard after a Premiership game between Middlesbrough and Liverpool in 2005. Peter Gill. "Lordy, It's The Quotes Of The Week", Football365.com, August 16, 2005
    Is he the best in the world? He might not get the attention of (Lionel) Messi and Ronaldo but yes, I think he just might be.If you don't have a player like Steven Gerrard, who is the engine room, it can affect the whole team.When we were winning league titles and European Cups at Real, I always said Claude Makelele was our most important player. There is no way myself, (Luis) Figo or Raul would have been able to do what we did without Claude and the same goes for Liverpool and Gerrard. He has great passing ability, can tackle and scores goals, but most importantly he gives the players around him confidence and belief. You can't learn that -- players like him are just born with that presence. Zinedine Zidane
    "An excellent player, in my opinion, he is a modern player because he is a player who runs, marks, knows how to pass, cross, score goals and he is a leader on the field for Liverpool. So he is a player that I would like to have in my team." Kaka on Gerrard, May 2006
    "If you were looking for the player you would replace Keane with, it would be Gerrard, without question," Ferguson told The Sunday Times. "He has become the most influential player in England, bar none. More than Vieira." "Not that Vieira lacks anything, but I think that Gerrard does more for his team than Vieira does, and has way more to his game." "I've watched him quite a lot. To me, Gerrard is Keane. Everywhere the ball is, he seems to be there. He's got that unbelievable engine, desire, determination. Anyone would love to have Gerrard in their team." Alex Ferguson, May 2004
    "Gerrard has been my idol for 10 years and is one of the best players in the world. He is the example of what all midfield players aspire to. He is always there in the heat of the battle, leading by example. He is everywhere you look - in defence, in the middle of the pitch and in attack. I would love to be close to that level." Daniele De Rossi, June 2012

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.