Page 2143 of 4365 FirstFirst ... 114316432043209321332141214221432144214521532193224326433143 ... LastLast
Results 21,421 to 21,430 of 43644
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardOfZeus View Post
    I really don't want RVP. He's 29, he's only managed a good amount of games in a season twice, and the price is astronomical for one year left on his contract.

And Lucas wouldn't leave if we keep being a good team, why are you so pessimistic TT? If we can afford £25mil for RVP, we can afford £30mil for Lucas.
    I'm indifferent to RVP. If we get him, woo hoo, if not, no big loss. I agree that the asking price for him is too much. Arsenal are simply pricing him out of a move by asking for £30m for him, joke's on them when he leaves next summer for free.

I wouldn't say I'm being pessimistic, I'm being realistic. We have huge debts (I know all clubs do, but United's debts are worryingly high, especially with the recent news about the Glazers not really making an effort to change that), and we can not and will not (#Daimien Sandow lol) be able to compete with the likes of City, Real, Barca, PSG, and the Russian clubs in the next 10 years (financially-wise that is). On the pitch, whether or not we're successful depends on many things. How long will Fergie stay for? Who his replacement will be? Will the next manager have the same draw as Fergie for players wanting to work with him? Will the new manager continue the same level of success?
    Paying £30m for a 19 year old player, however good he is, is ridiculous IMO.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I'm indifferent to RVP. If we get him, woo hoo, if not, no big loss. I agree that the asking price for him is too much. Arsenal are simply pricing him out of a move by asking for £30m for him, joke's on them when he leaves next summer for free.

I wouldn't say I'm being pessimistic, I'm being realistic. We have huge debts (I know all clubs do, but United's debts are worryingly high, especially with the recent news about the Glazers not really making an effort to change that), and we can not and will not (#Daimien Sandow lol) be able to compete with the likes of City, Real, Barca, PSG, and the Russian clubs in the next 10 years (financially-wise that is). On the pitch, whether or not we're successful depends on many things. How long will Fergie stay for? Who his replacement will be? Will the next manager have the same draw as Fergie for players wanting to work with him? Will the new manager continue the same level of success?
    Paying £30m for a 19 year old player, however good he is, is ridiculous IMO.
    I still would not be pleased with RVP joining, as I'm a big believer in youth, hence why I'm not too bothered about Lucas' price.

It's a good point, but it's sustainable debt, that is decreasing. Barca are in a good amount of debt, without Perez Madrid would be in debt too. The worry for these clubs are if the owner leaves, they are screwed. The Glazers leave, and we can cut the debt even quicker. It's been cut in half since 2005, I'm sure the Glazers should know the longer we are in debt, the less money they will get. I mean, imagine how much you would earn from a debt-free United?
    TBOZ - Current EWNCW Evolution Champion - 28/05/2013

Former EWNCW World Heavyweight Champion - 06/03/2012 - 04/07/2012

Former 4x WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPION with GodMoney

Want to become that great? Then join EWNCW today! PM me!

Need advice on how to get started as an e-wrestler? Just PM me, I'm always free to chat!

Blog Entries
    Doesn't look like City are getting RVP.

I'm okay with this. Considering all 4 strikers did pretty well I don't see why we need to strengthen that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Jryder View Post
    Damn yesterday I went to the Ajax-psv game but we lost 2-4
    PSV PSV PSV PSV

Easy.

I still would not be pleased with RVP joining, as I'm a big believer in youth, hence why I'm not too bothered about Lucas' price.

It's a good point, but it's sustainable debt, that is decreasing. Barca are in a good amount of debt, without Perez Madrid would be in debt too. The worry for these clubs are if the owner leaves, they are screwed. The Glazers leave, and we can cut the debt even quicker. It's been cut in half since 2005, I'm sure the Glazers should know the longer we are in debt, the less money they will get. I mean, imagine how much you would earn from a debt-free United?
    And continuing on, the United job, when up for grabs, will be the biggest job there has been in a long while. We should get the right man in, and I have the upmost confidence in them.

I wouldn't panic too much in to that future. I'd concentrate on the now, and an 18-year-old in the squad will be great for the future.

Need advice on how to get started as an e-wrestler? Just PM me, I'm always free to chat!

Blog Entries
    And continuing on, the United job, when up for grabs, will be the biggest job there has been in a long while. We should get the right man in, and I have the upmost confidence in them.

I wouldn't panic too much in to that future. I'd concentrate on the now, and an 18-year-old in the squad will be great for the future.
    When you say the right man for the job, when names like David Moyes are being thrown into the hat, I have my doubts. I really don't want Moyes as our manager.

For me it has to be a Mourinho, or Guardiola.

And I'm far from panicking mate, I'm just considering things lol!

Blog Entries
    When you say the right man for the job, when names like David Moyes are being thrown into the hat, I have my doubts. I really don't want Moyes as our manager.

to be fair Moyes has done a reasonable job at Everton for a number of years
    that without ludicruos funds and a consistantly average squad is a tough ask
    so if he went to Utd now with the ability to splash the cash then he might do well
    hell he even got Everton into 4th place one year which at the time was a big ask for a team like them

CGBigMan - The Football Manager

Gillz:
    Superstar of the Year (2011)
    World Heavyweight Champion Aug 29th (11) - Oct 30th (11)
    EWNCW Champion Nov 28th (11) - Apr 16th (12)
    BWA Undisputed World Tag Champions Feb 19th (12) - March 18th (12) (With Ryan Wells)

Jack Phenix:
    EWA FURY TV Champion Nov 20th (11) - Jul 27th (12)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CGBigMan View Post
    to be fair Moyes has done a reasonable job at Everton for a number of years
    that without ludicruos funds and a consistantly average squad is a tough ask
    so if he went to Utd now with the ability to splash the cash then he might do well
    hell he even got Everton into 4th place one year which at the time was a big ask for a team like them
    In theory, yes, he should do amazing if he went to United and had money to spend. But I'll use Roy Hodgson as an example. Did an excellent job with Fulham with an average squad and limited funds, went to Liverpool, had funds to spend and great players to work with, but did miserably.
    Managers that do well with 'lesser teams' (all due respect to Everton and Fulham) don't always continue that success when they have a crack at a bigger team.

As I've said before, if it's a choice between Mourinho or Moyes, or Guardiola or Moyes, I know who I'd go for.

I would trust whoever we pick, but I think Mourinho/Guardiola will have interest in it.

And I'm glad you aren't!

Blog Entries
    I would trust whoever we pick, but I think Mourinho/Guardiola will have interest in it.

And I'm glad you aren't!
    I'll fully back Moyes if he gets the job, because it's United, and that's how we roll. But there's much better options out there.
    With Guardiola sayign that he's taking 2 years away, I'm just thinking, what happens in 2 years time... the end of Fergie time perhaps Maybe he's waiting in the shadows for that seat to become available! And Mourinho has pretty much said he wants the job, and I'm sure he'll be bored of Real once Fergie decides that it's time.

I'm just making debate here, I love talking football here!

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.