1. #20071
    Black Ninja! Y2Jryder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Tartarus View Post
    You saw my post and missed my point by about 500 miles.

    Scholes is pointless to bring out of retirement, he's not going to add anything that's going to help us win. When you haven't won a major international tournament for so many years and are very unlikely to do very well in this one, you may as well take the opportunity to bring together a consistent squad at competitve level.

    Come on you should know about not winning anything major for years too!
    That won't work man, you shouldn't pick youth players at the Euro's to play just because you want to create a team for the World Cup. You think it will help you to win the world cup? no chance in hell I'm telling you.

    When Van Basten was our manager he tried to do the same, he wanted to build while we were busy qualifying for the World Cup in 2006 while he was aiming for Euro 2008. After surviving the group stage at the world cup we got knocked out by Portugal (fack you THBK) but in every eyes that wasn't a disaster because Van Basten was aiming for Euro 2008. We went to the Euro's and played beautiful football against Italy (won 3-0) and France (won 4-1). After that we faced Russia and got knocked out (lost 3-1 after ET).
    That didn't work out well didn't it?

    After Van Basten left Van Marwijk build a team in 2 years who was ready for the word cup 2010. With some luck we reached the finals (where we choke against Spain) but Van Marwijk could build a team in 2 years and didn't need a tournament to build a team.

    Now what England has to do is keep a GOOD manager for at least 2 years who build a squad and select the best squad and players who can work together.

    Every team goes to the Euro's to win it. We all know that's not realistic for some countries but did we except Greece to win it in 2004? And I'm sure Greece picked their best players...

    Scholes is quality and even as a substitute you can play him without risking anything. That he doesn't want to play for England any more is another story...

    Oh yeah I try to be the bigger man here and react without cheap shots!
    We want the Adult Wade goddammit

  2. #20072
    Black Ninja! Y2Jryder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Tartarus View Post
    Tell that to France who scrapped their whole squad after the last World Cup and started again, not done them any harm.

    Plus don't you think he retired from International football for a reason, how much sense does it make having a player who doesn't want to play at National level anymore.

  3. #20073
    Quote Originally Posted by Y2Jryder View Post
    That won't work man, you shouldn't pick youth players at the Euro's to play just because you want to create a team for the World Cup. You think it will help you to win the world cup? no chance in hell I'm telling you.

    When Van Basten was our manager he tried to do the same, he wanted to build while we were busy qualifying for the World Cup in 2006 while he was aiming for Euro 2008. After surviving the group stage at the world cup we got knocked out by Portugal (fack you THBK) but in every eyes that wasn't a disaster because Van Basten was aiming for Euro 2008. We went to the Euro's and played beautiful football against Italy (won 3-0) and France (won 4-1). After that we faced Russia and got knocked out (lost 3-1 after ET).
    That didn't work out well didn't it?

    After Van Basten left Van Marwijk build a team in 2 years who was ready for the word cup 2010. With some luck we reached the finals (where we choke against Spain) but Van Marwijk could build a team in 2 years and didn't need a tournament to build a team.

    Now what England has to do is keep a GOOD manager for at least 2 years who build a squad and select the best squad and players who can work together.

    Every team goes to the Euro's to win it. We all know that's not realistic for some countries but did we except Greece to win it in 2004? And I'm sure Greece picked their best players...

    Scholes is quality and even as a substitute you can play him without risking anything. That he doesn't want to play for England any more is another story...

    Oh yeah I try to be the bigger man here and react without cheap shots!
    We want the Adult Wade goddammit
    What was that?




    What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

  4. #20074
    Black Ninja! Y2Jryder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,332
    Quote Originally Posted by magglis View Post
    What was that?
    Trying to type as much as possible so Mojo doesn't take the effort to read it so I win the discussion

  5. #20075
    The Trinity JSullivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Milton Keynes, UK.
    Posts
    2,839
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Y2Jryder View Post
    Trying to type as much as possible so Mojo doesn't take the effort to read it so I win the discussion
    Smart move...


    I A M A P A U L H E Y M A N G U Y


  6. #20076
    I'm not talking about building a team just purely for the World Cup, I'm talking about building a new consistent team that could play together for a number of years. The best way to succeed at International level, is to have a pretty consistent squad year in, year out, look at the Spanish.

    Bringing a player out of retirement (him retiring HIMSELF being the optimum point here) is a pointless and futile task, which will not have any significance on how we perform at the tournament whatsoever. We need to pick a squad, have them play competive football together as often as possible and not keep on altering the team every 2 minutes

    Plus you're overlooking one salient point in using the Dutch squad, English players aren't trained anywhere near as well as those on the continent, it takes much longer to do anything with our National Team, that's just the facts our system is awful.



  7. #20077
    Quote Originally Posted by Y2Jryder View Post
    Trying to type as much as possible so Mojo doesn't take the effort to read it so I win the discussion
    Didn't work!




  8. #20078
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Tartarus View Post
    Didn't work!

    Haha,brilliant




    What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

  9. #20079
    The Trinity JSullivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Milton Keynes, UK.
    Posts
    2,839
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Tartarus View Post
    I'm not talking about building a team just purely for the World Cup, I'm talking about building a new consistent team that could play together for a number of years. The best way to succeed at International level, is to have a pretty consistent squad year in, year out, look at the Spanish.

    Bringing a player out of retirement (him retiring HIMSELF being the optimum point here) is a pointless and futile task, which will not have any significance on how we perform at the tournament whatsoever. We need to pick a squad, have them play competive football together as often as possible and not keep on altering the team every 2 minutes

    Plus you're overlooking one salient point in using the Dutch squad, English players aren't trained anywhere near as well as those on the continent, it takes much longer to do anything with our National Team, that's just the facts our system is awful.
    We have a winner.

    I've said for years about the difference in training levels - deep down, that is why we never win anything. We have world-class players all the time, but it never does anything.

    On paper, we can have the strongest side and struggle against the weak.

    The Dutch get something mad like 6x the amount of training at youth level that the UK youths do.


    I A M A P A U L H E Y M A N G U Y


  10. #20080
    Come on Y2Jryder you can still do it




    What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.