1. #18481

  2. #18482
    Quote Originally Posted by Y2Jryder View Post
    So a midfielder is injured and they call up a defender, what's up with that?
    We were a defender short anyway I think and with Parker there it's not like he was gonna play

    Plus Jag and Jones can both play midfield and right back.
     

  3. #18483
    Black Ninja! VanHooliganX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Vanity City
    Posts
    19,588
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Austin View Post

    Tennis > American Football
    Never will you see Tennis be as big.

    Never will you see something like 49'ers vs Saints and never will you see an underdog beat 1 of the best that year...Twice!

  4. #18484
    The Trinity JSullivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Milton Keynes, UK.
    Posts
    2,839
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Austin View Post
    Nesta can still cut it, big fan of his, Spurs need to offload a few if they sign some, they may be injury prone but about time King, Nelson and Dawson were gone if Nesta and Vertoghen come in.
    I think Dawson is still OK, but Nelsen needs to go and King should become a coach, or probably a physio - he's spent more time there than on the training ground.

    We need to offload Jenas and Bentley this season too, and I think if we're not going to play him, then we need to sell Defoe. It's not his fault, he's a top lad, but if he isn't going to play then we need to let him move on.


    I A M A P A U L H E Y M A N G U Y


  5. #18485
    Quote Originally Posted by JSullivan View Post
    I think Dawson is still OK, but Nelsen needs to go and King should become a coach, or probably a physio - he's spent more time there than on the training ground.

    We need to offload Jenas and Bentley this season too, and I think if we're not going to play him, then we need to sell Defoe. It's not his fault, he's a top lad, but if he isn't going to play then we need to let him move on.
    The reason you've still got all those players is cause Harry won't let people for what they're really worth, probably wants £15m for Bentley.

    Could of been class that guy!

    Dawson is ok but they don't need him.
     

  6. #18486
    The Trinity JSullivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Milton Keynes, UK.
    Posts
    2,839
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Austin View Post
    The reason you've still got all those players is cause Harry won't let people for what they're really worth, probably wants £15m for Bentley.

    Could of been class that guy!

    Dawson is ok but they don't need him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Austin View Post
    The reason you've still got all those players is cause Harry won't let people for what they're really worth, probably wants £15m for Bentley.

    Could of been class that guy!

    Dawson is ok but they don't need him.
    The thing that baffles me most about Defoe is this:
    At senior level, he's scored 141 goals in 381 appearances. That's one in every 2.7 games. Roughly 15 in all competitions.

    England U21 he's scored 7 in 23.
    England Senior he's scored 15 in 46.

    So in 69 International games he's scored 22 goals.

    So he's a consistently good striker - his stats prove that.

    What his stats DON'T show us is that for the last 2-3 seasons he's barely played football - he doesn't start etc - If he was, he'd build up momentum and do even better.

    Why are we looking at Adebayor and all these blokes, when we have someone we KNOW can score goals. If he isn't allowed to do it for us, then he can score them against us for someone else.

    If we want a 'Proven' goalscorer, a la Torres in his Liverpool days, then we need to shell out...That means no fucking around with wages, no taking the piss with bids and most importantly - don't expect our players who don't get games as it is to want to stick around.

    Also; Is anybody else getting Database errors?


    I A M A P A U L H E Y M A N G U Y


  7. #18487
    Quote Originally Posted by JSullivan View Post
    The thing that baffles me most about Defoe is this:
    At senior level, he's scored 141 goals in 381 appearances. That's one in every 2.7 games. Roughly 15 in all competitions.

    England U21 he's scored 7 in 23.
    England Senior he's scored 15 in 46.

    So in 69 International games he's scored 22 goals.

    So he's a consistently good striker - his stats prove that.

    What his stats DON'T show us is that for the last 2-3 seasons he's barely played football - he doesn't start etc - If he was, he'd build up momentum and do even better.

    Why are we looking at Adebayor and all these blokes, when we have someone we KNOW can score goals. If he isn't allowed to do it for us, then he can score them against us for someone else.

    If we want a 'Proven' goalscorer, a la Torres in his Liverpool days, then we need to shell out...That means no fucking around with wages, no taking the piss with bids and most importantly - don't expect our players who don't get games as it is to want to stick around.

    Also; Is anybody else getting Database errors?
    This right here! I'd take Defoe of your hands!

    Nah I'm getting no errors.
     

  8. #18488
    The Trinity JSullivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Milton Keynes, UK.
    Posts
    2,839
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Austin View Post
    This right here! I'd take Defoe of your hands!

    Nah I'm getting no errors.
    I don't even.

    The board is being really unresponsive, although FB is a bit slow too.


    I A M A P A U L H E Y M A N G U Y


  9. #18489
    Quote Originally Posted by JSullivan View Post
    I don't even.

    The board is being really unresponsive, although FB is a bit slow too.
    I get that now and again, usually my internet, it's awful at times.
     

  10. #18490
    The Trinity JSullivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Milton Keynes, UK.
    Posts
    2,839
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Austin View Post
    I get that now and again, usually my internet, it's awful at times.
    Aye.

    The best thing I've ever had was Fiber-optic. That shit was awesome.


    I A M A P A U L H E Y M A N G U Y


© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.