Page 4163 of 4520 FirstFirst ... 3163 3663 4063 4113 415341614162416341644165 4173 4213 4263 ... LastLast
Results 41,621 to 41,630 of 45200
  1. #41621
    The Trinity
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    2,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Austin View Post
    Haha. :P

    Yeah I don't follow odds, may as well use Shining's source.
    Suarez was odds on to join Arsenal, Madrid and PSG in the summer.

    This Mata one is different to Rooney, Utd always maintained they would not sell whereas Chelsea seem willing for the right fee.
    I can see it happening. He's worth 40m in my eyes if Chelsea paid 23m and he's just got better.
    My sources were shut down by FIFA to avoid press-leaking, it's a conspiracy

  2. #41622
    Quote Originally Posted by Shining Light View Post
    My sources were shut down by FIFA to avoid press-leaking, it's a conspiracy
    Maybe you and Ribery should try and dethrone Fifa?

    IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

    HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

    General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.



  3. #41623
    The Trinity
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    2,680
    Quote Originally Posted by THE HEARTBREAK KID View Post
    Maybe you and Ribery should try and dethrone Fifa?
    Already on it

  4. #41624
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Austin View Post
    I agree with most of it but the bits I dont:

    I think he is worth 30-40m.

    I think TT's idea of narrow 442/4231 would work or even possibly a 4-3-2-1 like you briefly mentioned with Rooney and Mata off RVP.
    However a new CM or two is needed.

    I don't think 4312 is the way to go and I certainly would hope a midfield 3 of Cleverly, Carrick and Fletcher is just temporary.

    Also, I don't think Kagawa will leave but I don't see it as a downside.
    442/4231 played narrow? Surly that's beside the point.

    Oh I just picked the first three CM's to show the formation at the time man.

    I'm off the believe that only a few players are worth 30/40Mil logically, obviously the football world today, does not see things logical and everything is inflated and over the top. So bearing that in mind and as stated, if Mr. Afro was worth 27mil, then Mata is indeed worth the 30/40mil price.

    IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

    HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

    General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.



  5. #41625
    Quote Originally Posted by Shining Light View Post
    Already on it
    Cool.

    Also tell that ugly fuck, if he speaks bad about Ronaldo again.. Oh so help me god, he's going to get a few more scars coming his way!

    IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

    HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

    General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.



  6. #41626
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,664
    Blog Entries
    1
    Sorry, I was waiting for this after you said you'd get back to it later, missed it lol!

    Quote Originally Posted by THE HEARTBREAK KID View Post
    Right..

    Feelings on Mata. Class player, would be awesome for any team in the world.

    Worth 40 to 30 Million? No not for me. However, if Fellaini is worth 27mil, then Mata is worth the 40mil 100%. Prices these days are crazy.
    The bolded is what you should be focusing on. Sure, 10, 15 years ago, you'd have bee able to buy today's Mata for £20M. However, times have changed, players prices have gone up. The price of an average player has gone up because the price of the good player has gone up because the price of the great player has gone up because the price of the world class player has gone up. Mata is in that category of world class player, so in today's market, when you consider that he's only 25, consider the goal he's scored, consider the massive amount of assists he's accumulated at Chelsea, let alone the fact that in his first 2 full seasons at chelsea he has been their player of the year, then £40M to me is a steal for him.

    Mata right for United? I'm not sure. Here's why IMO.

    His best position is behind the striker, same with Kagawa. There the same player pretty much. United don't play a system that get's the best out of these players. We play two up top, two wide. That's always been United's best strength. That's United in a nutshell.

    Rooney and Persie are United best players, both have to play, both are better then Mata so will a formation change happen? Will all three play in the same team? I'm not sure. However, if not, then it's not worth buying him. If we are going to buy Mata, we have to change our system and formation. something like:

    De Gea.

    Rafael. Vidic. Evans. Evra.

    Cleverley. Carrick. Fletcher.

    Mata.

    Rooney. Persie.

    If we played this, it would allow us to play two strikers along with Mata, but it would mean sacrificing our wing play (Which has not been great anyways.) and would mean we would need to play narrow, putting pressure on Mata to be the major creative force. Also another option would be to drop Rooney behind and play this formation with Persie up top, while Rooney & Mata play in behind. Switching and rotating. That could be an option that would support Mata in this team.
    I think it's unfair to say that Kagwa and Mata are the same player. Yes, they both favor playing in behind the striker, however, Mata is a better all round player than Kagwa (in my opinion of course).
    You say we always play 2 you top and 2 wide. And again, yes, we do. However, who's been our manager for the past 25 years? The same person. Who's to say that Moyes doesn't want to try a different formation to put his own stamp on the team?

    Rooney and RVP when fit both play, that goes without saying (in a side-note, I'd argue as to say that Mata is just as good as both of them, but again, that's just me). You would think that to accommodate Mata then a formation change would indeed have to take place.

    Keeper and defense I'm in agreement with, Cleverly in midfield? No thanks. Carrick and Fletch in front of the back 4. Mata, Rooney and Januzaj (forgot about him yesterday) as an attacking 3, constantly switching positions to cause havoc, and RVP up top.

    As you point out, our wingers this season have been awful. Januzaj has been the only good player out there and he's not even a proper winger. So with that in mind, sacrificing United tradition and doing away with wing play wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing at this point.
    Another point is teams these days need to be versatile and be able to play different formations that offer different options. United are lucky that they're schooled in the traditional 4-4-2, and mastering a more 'continental' narrow formation such as this 4-2-3-1 or whatever narrow formation you want to play would be a benefit to United. Playing 4-4-2 all the time is predictable, and given the players at United right now, having an alternative to our traditional 4-4-2 isn't a bad idea at all.

    I would also argue the same argument that Glen Hoddle made on sky sports yesterday (?). I think Mata CAN play in a 4-4-2. I think he's that good. He could easily play out wide or in the middle (providing that he has a solid player alongside him to allow him to go forward) I think in that kind of formation.

    Another point, what do we do when Ronney or RVP (or both, as the scenario we're in right now) are injured? we struggle. Bringing in Mata would give us yet another option, playing Rooney/RVP/Hernandez/Welbeck with Mata in behind.

    So final conclusion, would it work? If the formation is changed. I can't see Mata playing and being forced out on the wing for 40/30mil, that would just be silly. Do I want him? We need the lift it would bring, quality players are hard to come buy and he's shown he can do it, he's the player who needs an arm round him to let him know he's doing well. Major downside it would mean that would be the end of Kagawa I would assume.
    As I previously mentioned. I think Mata is intelligent enough and good enough to be able to play out wide in a 4-4-2. Keep in mind that Januzaj is also the same player as Mata and Kagwa, and he's adapted to playing out wide brilliantly this season (a lot of people think he actually is a winger, but he isn't). I think Mata has that same ability. so with that in mind, I don't think it would be a waste at all to buy him, because he's that good.
    But I think it's more likely we'll see a change in formation to accommodate him, which as I previously mentioned, isn't a bad thing at all.

    As for the end of Kagwa, no big loss for me. He's never looked settled playing in the domestic games, always looked out of place. His best performances have been playing in the Champions League, which tells me that he's more suited to the slower continental game. On top of that, Mata's better than Kagwa, so we'd effectively be trading in a good player for a better one.

    Either way, this would be a big signing, which we've been craving. And I'm surprised that we're even as close as we are to signing the guy considering he plays for a rival club. If we pull it off it's a massive coup to me.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  7. #41627
    I'm sure they did shin!

    Quote Originally Posted by THE HEARTBREAK KID View Post
    442/4231 played narrow? Surly that's beside the point.

    Oh I just picked the first three CM's to show the formation at the time man.

    I'm off the believe that only a few players are worth 30/40Mil logically, obviously the football world today, does not see things logical and everything is inflated and over the top. So bearing that in mind and as stated, if Mr. Afro was worth 27mil, then Mata is indeed worth the 30/40mil price.
    Mata from the right and Janujaz from the left, Rooney central all drifting about would be how I would do it

    Fair enough then!

    I agree with your point of value but it's how it is these days, if Bale costs £100m then surely Mata isn't roughly worth a quarter!
     

  8. #41628
    The Trinity
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    2,680
    Just to clarify, 3rd party basically means even though a bid has been made, United can still say officially that they haven't.

  9. #41629
    Quote Originally Posted by Shining Light View Post
    Just to clarify, 3rd party basically means even though a bid has been made, United can still say officially that they haven't.
    Because no one knew that...
     

  10. #41630
    I want to know who this third party is and if it isn't those 3 idiots who went to do the Herrera deal back in the summer then which one on you phoned Chelsea and offered them 40 mill on behalf of Manchester United?


    Clandestine knows the feeling Spidey.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.