Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

a Pirate video Game!

So, What great Pirate video games are out there? I've played Sid Mier's Pirates! and I still do, it's a lot of fun. However, I want something with a bit more meat to it, maybe something that involves getting out of the boat more often... any ideas?

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Assassins's Creed Black Flag is a great console game bro.

Have you played that? The main character is a "Pirate" and the whole game is based around the Pirate way of life, honestly, it's a great game dude.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by THE HEARTBREAK KID View Post
    Assassins's Creed Black Flag is a great console game bro.

Have you played that? The main character is a "Pirate" and the whole game is based around the Pirate way of life, honestly, it's a great game dude.
    I'll be honest. I played the first AC game and it was so repetitive I just stopped. Did they fix that?

Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    I'll be honest. I played the first AC game and it was so repetitive I just stopped. Did they fix that?
    Hmm. It's honestly way, way superior to the first game man.

I'm not going to say it's not repetitive at times because it can be, but honestly, there's so much more to do and a whole bunch of Islands & Sea Adventures to explore. It's the best one in the series to me and playing as a Pirate and all it's glory is completely why. Total freedom to sail and travel the Sea's while docking where you like and finding secrets, gold and such on the Islands/Land.

You also build your crew as you go along, adding upgrades to your ship while attacking and assaulting other ships to steal there crew, there cargo or simply just for fun Ha! I don't own this game, but I had a blast playing it around my cousins house. If you choose, you can even go sea hunting and track down Sharks, Whales and Sword Fish. You can then sell there meat to store merchants.

I think it's a solid game. If you are unsure, give it a rent man or watch some clips and see if it's for you.

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

Blog Entries
    I've played Black Flag. It's not super repetitive IMO. If you have the X-box one it's considered to be one of the best games out for that console.
    #TeamGeeky

Blog Entries
    Seriously doubt you'll like this series but a shit-ton of One Piece games are out. A few good, a few bad.

As a massive Assassin's creed fan let me be the first to tell you that yes they fixed the repetative ness in the very next game, and since then they've added more and more.

As far as Black flag goes even if you don't like the AC story finish out the story mode and yoru left with a massive open world pirate game with ship vs ship cannon battles, ship boarding and looting, on land battles and treasure hunting, actual hunting, whale and shark hunting, underwater treasure hunts, and ship vs naval base battles that are insanely challenging. Hell they even improved the sea game play from ac3 and added in the wind and waves effecting yoru sailing and causing damage if your not paying enough attention.
    When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same

So, What great Pirate video games are out there? I've played Sid Mier's Pirates! and I still do, it's a lot of fun. However, I want something with a bit more meat to it, maybe something that involves getting out of the boat more often... any ideas?
    Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (good open world, but ok you don't like)
    Risen 2 (good action RPG)
    Port Royale 3 (average strategy game)
    Age of Booty, (Xbox Live Arcade game, Strategy)
    Respect the beard !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PSOjedi View Post
    Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (good open world, but ok you don't like)
    Risen 2 (good action RPG)
    Port Royale 3 (average strategy game)
    Age of Booty, (Xbox Live Arcade game, Strategy)
    Ok, I played Assassin's creed, put about 12 hours into it (Not counting multiple times I had to reboot because the damn thing kept freezing up on me due to it always having to be connected to the server, fucking BULLSHIT!)
    It sucked. it didn't feel like a pirate game, it felt like an annoying stealth simulator.

I own Port Royale 3. that game gets MASSIVELY complicated, and is a lot of fun, but Sid Mier's Pirates! was way better, imo.

Age Of Booty? I'll take a loot at that, see if they have a demo available.

Risen 2? Haven't head of that one either, I can gamefly that baby.

thanks

Blog Entries
    Ok, I played Assassin's creed, put about 12 hours into it (Not counting multiple times I had to reboot because the damn thing kept freezing up on me due to it always having to be connected to the server, fucking BULLSHIT!)
    It sucked. it didn't feel like a pirate game, it felt like an annoying stealth simulator.

I own Port Royale 3. that game gets MASSIVELY complicated, and is a lot of fun, but Sid Mier's Pirates! was way better, imo.

Age Of Booty? I'll take a loot at that, see if they have a demo available.

Risen 2? Haven't head of that one either, I can gamefly that baby.

thanks
    They do. It is an okay game but the single player final maps are 100% luck based.