Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

"NOT THIS WAY!!"/"That was it?" moments in wrestling

Hey EWN community,
    I recently made an account on the site but I have been coming here for a while now. So now that I am an active member of the community I thought I would like to open abit of discussion.

What is the most cheated you have felt at the finish/booking of a match? Now I don’t mean what you think was the worst, I mean a match you were so invested in and enjoyed the match/build up to it that when it was all said and done you just had to ask “that was it?”

For instance for me two times spring to mind. First was back in (year) when going into the Royal Rumble is was Jeff hardy(then intercontinental champion) feuding with Randy Orton(then WWE champion) and on a raw just before the event there was an intercontinental title match. Throughout the whole night it did promos showing previous people who had held both WWE and intercontinental titles. Though when the match started it was over with a straight low blow and onto a huge Swanton. I was totally looking forward to where this could go. I thought maybe Orton could win allowing Jeff to get the WWE and then have a match at No way out for both or something along them lines. But it instead turned into a typical confrontation that could have just happened as someone running in to interrupt a promo. It also dashed hopes of him winning at the royal rumble as this possible story just turned into one match at royal rumble to end the feud

That’s my example. So what finish to a match/feud had you feeling cheated? The reason I ask this is that it is different for everyone as not everyone gets into every storyline therefore not every one will dislike a bad/standard finish

Blog Entries
    For me, recently it would be CM Punk and Wade Barrett. Punk cheated Barett out of the number one contendership and control of the Nexus... Barrett goes along with it. Wasn't even a match

Quote Originally Posted by Robareid View Post
    For me, recently it would be CM Punk and Wade Barrett. Punk cheated Barett out of the number one contendership and control of the Nexus... Barrett goes along with it. Wasn't even a match
    I disliked that as well. I hated how Wade Barret just walked away from a group like Nexus. I think he bragged about his time with Nexus on the last episode of Smackdown!. I wish they would stop bringing it up because Nexus is nothing more than a diamond that was melted away into nothing more than sour liquid.
    Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamDevs

yeah that was quite annoying to see. thought personally i couldnt care about the nexus thing. but i never got the whole "oh you screwed but oh well let me feud with randomers on smackdown as payback"

kind weird. i hate it when a good potential storyline just fizzles with little to no resolution. which is what nexus was. it was a big fizzle. it made a massive BANG!!! and just fizzled because members dropped and gained quickly for either no reason or little explaination

Blog Entries
    * The "genesis" of Michael Mcguillicutty. I thought he was going to lead a stable of rookies against The Nexus, but he ended up another member of The Nexus.

* The New Nexus (David Otunga and Michael Mcguillicutty) breaking up without any interaction with Punk. I expected a blow off here.

but didn't they seperate them in the draft soon after anyway

The real Bryan Danielson chant ...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcfhWuxF5R4

GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT 31/5/12 HULK HOGAN BLOCKS ME ON TWITTER

How about hbk vs hogan? The hbk heel turn. The promos. The run ins. It was all great until the match. Hbk grudgingly put over hogan and over sold everything to make him look stupid as a result. While I find that hilarious the hbk would mock hogan like that I was still hoping for the hbk win. And a leg drop crushed that. As if the near crippled old man could've beaten hbk. Yeah right.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan1995 View Post
    but didn't they seperate them in the draft soon after anyway
    No Barrett just moved to SD without any explanation

Quote Originally Posted by blink View Post
    How about hbk vs hogan? The hbk heel turn. The promos. The run ins. It was all great until the match. Hbk grudgingly put over hogan and over sold everything to make him look stupid as a result. While I find that hilarious the hbk would mock hogan like that I was still hoping for the hbk win. And a leg drop crushed that. As if the near crippled old man could've beaten hbk. Yeah right.
    I havnt seen seen the match in its entirety, just the funny ass selling. HBK is the man, and yea, just a swift Sweet Chin Music would have broken hogans back
    Don't worry Daniel, I also have a great admiration for AJ aswell!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The Nexus burying UnderTaker... and nothing coming from it.