Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Bryan View Post
    i heard they brought him back also to help with the retiring the undertaker with a buried alive match coming up sooner than later
    I seriously hope you don't think Undertaker is going to be retiring at Survivor Series in a Buried Alive Match? He's not retiring at least until after Wrestlemania. The reason I say that is reports have it that WWE is already planning a storyline for The Undertaker to take on Sheamus at Wrestlemania. Undertaker is NOT retiring this year but possibly sometime next year but then again, this whole Undertaker "retiring" thing is pure speculation as no one really knows what Taker's plans are.

i still dont see that happening bc orton isnt involved in that he isnt face or heel so he wont get involved with that stuff
    That's the point. WWE is trying to push Orton as a face. Although it will probably destroy his character like what happened to Cena.

i still dont see that happening bc orton isnt involved in that he isnt face or heel so he wont get involved with that stuff
    Yes, you are correct Orton isn't a face or a heel. He's a tweener. Which is technically the rare anti-hero type. Orton has had his incidents with Nexus. Why would Triple H get involved? He hasn't been around at all through the whole Nexus thing let alone everything is clearly pointing to Triple H facing off against Sheamus. If by some chance it's not Orton going to take out Nexus the only other person would be the Big Show simply because of the recent altercations.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottland View Post
    I seriously hope you don't think Undertaker is going to be retiring at Survivor Series in a Buried Alive Match? He's not retiring at least until after Wrestlemania. The reason I say that is reports have it that WWE is already planning a storyline for The Undertaker to take on Sheamus at Wrestlemania. Undertaker is NOT retiring this year but possibly sometime next year but then again, this whole Undertaker "retiring" thing is pure speculation as no one really knows what Taker's plans are.
    why do you think i wrote about the buried alive thing... i saw reports too

Quote Originally Posted by NWOMyGawd View Post
    That's the point. WWE is trying to push Orton as a face. Although it will probably destroy his character like what happened to Cena.
    It's not that the WWE is trying to push randy as a face, it's that he IS a face. He clearly gets the most pop in the industry right now, and it's because of his character. The WWE did not change SCSA's character when he turned face, and they clearly don't want to do the same with Orton. His viper gimmick has been unbelievably sucessful as of right now, and I highly doubt the WWE would do anything to change that, espescially if it's making money.

Quote Originally Posted by NWOMyGawd View Post
    I don't think Orton going against Nexus would hurt him at all let alone WWE doesn't seem to be changing Orton's character. Orton is Orton. He's still truly sadistic. If WWE was truly wanting to change Orton they would make him interact with the fans which Orton hasn't done. If anything WWE is trying to make Orton like bada$$ somewhat like Austin was where he did what he want, when he want. Orton is clearly the man right now especially with the fans. It doesn't matter who Orton's facing as the guy is just liked by the fans. Even when he went against Cena recently on RAW, Orton was clearly the favorite among the fans.
    Last edited by Scottland; 10-03-2010 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xStraightxEdgexSaviorx View Post
    It's not that the WWE is trying to push randy as a face, it's that he IS a face. He clearly gets the most pop in the industry right now, and it's because of his character. The WWE did not change SCSA's character when he turned face, and they clearly don't want to do the same with Orton. His viper gimmick has been unbelievably sucessful as of right now, and I highly doubt the WWE would do anything to change that, espescially if it's making money.
    You said it pretty much spot on other then the fact that Orton is technically a tweener not a face. He just gets the face reaction from the crowd.
    Last edited by Scottland; 10-03-2010 at 11:15 PM.

why do you think i wrote about the buried alive thing... i saw reports too
    I know you mentioned the Buried Alive Match but you said he would retire in that match when in fact the Buried Alive Match is suppose to happen at Survivor Series which is to end the Kane-Taker storyline. If anything Undertaker will win that match. If Undertaker is going to do his last match it will be at Wrestlemania. The man is going to go out on top which there is no question about that let alone Undertaker' streak isn't going to end either.

Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz vs. JoMo (10/10) - Predictable, but FANTASTIC match... Cattle mutilation! Tarantula! Texas cloverleaf! HAAS OF PAIN! Damn, I was marking out left and right. And JoMo's jump was probably the first time I've heard a "that was awesome" chant in WWE in eons. Match of the night, possibly a MOTY contender (for WWE, anyway)

Randy Orton vs. Sheamus - (7/10) Pretty solid for what it was, seemed worse considering it followed that opening match and it's a hell in a cell match. I lol'd hard at Striker calling Randy 'Randall'. Nice length.

Edge vs. Jack Swagger - (7/10) I like Edge's recent "crusader against stupidity" pseudo-gimmick. Another great match, that enziguri counter was golden and well sold. (I was convinced it was a botch at first) Swagger did well, he earned more respect from me tonight.

Wade Barrett vs. John Cena (8/10) - Marked out like a madman. It'll be dissected by the internet for weeks, so I'll be brief:
    Woi Barreh hardly botching at all. In fact, Woi Barreh doing very well. Removing Nexus early and getting the "five moves" over with quickly: totally threw me off my predictions. Matt Striker's hilarious commentary. (can't remember the exact quote) Both kick out of each others finishers. Not immediately tapping out to the STF. McGilligenesis? Delicious crowd reaction shots. THIS. Oh good God, don't fuck this up WWE.

Natalya vs. Michelle McCool (2/10) - What's the point? Lol'd at more Striker commentary though, "who throws a shoe? she's a real heel" oh my.

Taker vs. Kane (5/10) - Bog standard match that didn't even need to take place in a cell, really. Very predictable ending if you know the Taker-Kane history ((almost)13th year anniversary of Kane's debut in the first HIAC match, Taker burying Bearer six years ago)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottland View Post
    I know you mentioned the Buried Alive Match but you said he would retire in that match when in fact the Buried Alive Match is suppose to happen at Survivor Series which is to end the Kane-Taker storyline. If anything Undertaker will win that match. If Undertaker is going to do his last match it will be at Wrestlemania. The man is going to go out on top which there is no question about that let alone Undertaker' streak isn't going to end either.
    no when undertaker retires it will be a lost and it will look like the deadman is legitimately dead... and they wont have him lose at wrestlemania