Page 796 of 1536 FirstFirst ... 296 696 746 786794795796797798 806 846 896 1296 ... LastLast
Results 7,951 to 7,960 of 15360
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    While he's certainly naturally charismatic, the dude has also had years to finely hone that same damn routine that he always does, so I'm not entirely sure it's really fair to compare him to the other guys. I mean, how many of the new crop stars have been given the same opportunities to work on their verbal craft like the The Rock has been afforded?
    Plus you have to factor in the "ravenous Rock-starved audience" who have had all this time to salivate over his occasional appearances. Like, steak is delicious but everyday? Gets boring and starts tasting bland. You start dreaming about tacos for weeks and weeks and weeks and they're SO awesome when you get them - at first. But it makes you appreciate the steak again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chavo View Post
    I understand Rocky has had more time to work his schtick, I was merely pointing out something thats been missing from the current roster, rookies and vets. One thing to take from this night is there is more than one way to work the mic, and I believe we witnessed a great night. Rocky might not be as clever or honest on the stick as Punk but he does what he does just as well, two means to the same end I guess
    I'm not denying that Rocky is great at what he does; I'm just coming from the perspective of no longer having a use for what he's bringing to the table. Such incredible familiarity with his routine is starting to breed contempt- it doesn't help that he seemingly can't be bothered to ever add any new wrinkles to it- and I'd honestly be content to just not hear it any more. I guess I'm just not one of those guys from the school of "more = better". It's just more. And I'm personally a tad filled up.

Of course, I realize I'm in the minority here, and that's perfectly fine. I kind of get the same way with when Stone Cold comes back and does his greatest hits, and I know that vantage point's not going to be particularly popular with folks. It's whatevs.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Plus you have to factor in the "ravenous Rock-starved audience" who have had all this time to salivate over his occasional appearances. Like, steak is delicious but everyday? Gets boring and starts tasting bland. You start dreaming about tacos for weeks and weeks and weeks and they're SO awesome when you get them - at first. But it makes you appreciate the steak again.
    Yeah, you get where I'm coming from.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    "Your arms are to short to box with god" - The Rock just got owned.
    My favorite line in years.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Blog Entries
    Del Rio as a face isn't bad. Not the best way to open the 20th Annyversary episode with the Big Show, though.

Join the Best e-fed, EWNCW!! Send a PM to Tommy Thunder, Kingstrem, TheJosephBanks, S.E.Zero, TTC or me filling the form you'll find in the Inferno Thread.

Find all the EWNCW links here.

The Jesting Madness: Last EWNCW Tag Team Champions (6/3/12-5-5-12), first ever EWNCW Blacklist Champions (5-5-12/11-12)

Also check TWE!!

I hope to God this isn't going to be like a TTTT show, where all the faces win and all the heels look shite.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    I hope to God this isn't going to be like a TTTT show, where all the faces win and all the heels look shite.
    OK maybe not, surprised Barrett won.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Wade Barrett won, so that counts one for the heels.

Join the Best e-fed, EWNCW!! Send a PM to Tommy Thunder, Kingstrem, TheJosephBanks, S.E.Zero, TTC or me filling the form you'll find in the Inferno Thread.

The Jesting Madness: Last EWNCW Tag Team Champions (6/3/12-5-5-12), first ever EWNCW Blacklist Champions (5-5-12/11-12)

Also check TWE!!

Blog Entries
    Aaargh, got ninja'd.

Also check TWE!!

Orton loses clean at the mid card level on RAW. I guess he really is out of the number 2 spot.