Fresh Member
    Blog Entries

Angry WWE and TNA's rivalry with each other singlehandedly ruined ECW's ideal reunion

In 2005 Hardcore Homecoming was not allowed to use the ECW name. I know that there was a forever hardcore DVD but I am not quite sure how interested I would have been in a documentary that isn't even allowed to use video footage of the events that they were talking about. None of the WWE talent showed up for HH (despite WWE talent in the old days doing independent shows all the time).

One Night Stand was the best one but RVD was injured and people like Douglas, Raven, and New Jack weren't there. No Terry Funk or Jerry Lynn. No Cyrus or Tod Gordon. I remember Dusty Rhodes (who worked with ECW before returning to WCW right before both went under) saying that TNA talent would be allowed at one night stand and TNA said he didn't have the power to make that call.

I remember RVD saying he wanted to face Jerry Lynn at ECW arena for the second event that happened and we ended up having fight Cena which as we all know is just as good as the main event for the second one. I remember clear as day Joey Styles saying that he promised that the second one night stand would be far better than the first one during the pre show. I also thought that the censorship and use of WWE music was corny.

I would have liked TNA's hardcore justice a lot more had we at least been allowed to use the ECW theme/nane/logo etc and had others been present (especially Joey Styles who sucks WWE dick and trashes TNA for no good reason). Everyone having to use corny names to substitute

What's this post all about, I'm kind of lost.

You miss ECW? You wanted two organisations, rivals, to get together and allow the best ECW send of/reunion they could? Now, why would they do that, honestly?

ECW ain't even dead though...

It can be yours on the WWE Network for just... 9.99! You're Welcome!

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

Yeah I've read this a couple of times and I'm not entirely sure of the sentiments you're trying to convey here?

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Yeah I've read this a couple of times and I'm not entirely sure of the sentiments you're trying to convey here?
    There were 3 major (4 if you want to count one night stand 2) ECW reunion shows and each one was missing something due to one company preventing either talent to show up or to use the names, images, etc that were associated with ECW.

If everyone that worked on both Hardcore Homecoming and One Night Stand collaborated together and combined their resources we could have had 2 complete ECW reunions.

I don't see how anything I said could be viewed as ambiguous or confusing.

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by THE HEARTBREAK KID View Post
    What's this post all about, I'm kind of lost.

You miss ECW? You wanted two organisations, rivals, to get together and allow the best ECW send of/reunion they could? Now, why would they do that, honestly?

ECW ain't even dead though...

It can be yours on the WWE Network for just... 9.99! You're Welcome!
    You asked a question that was specifically already directly answered by the thread title. You are aware that NWA, AWA, WWF, WCCW, USWA, etc have all worked together in the past right? Do you really think that TNA is really a "rival" to WWE? In the real ECW you had a WWE guy beating a WCW guy for an ECW title. I don't see what is so hard about a little deal to just have a great event or 2.

Neither side even benefited from the pettiness.

Quote Originally Posted by True Sinister View Post
    There were 3 major (4 if you want to count one night stand 2) ECW reunion shows and each one was missing something due to one company preventing either talent to show up or to use the names, images, etc that were associated with ECW.

If everyone that worked on both Hardcore Homecoming and One Night Stand collaborated together and combined their resources we could have had 2 complete ECW reunions.

I don't see how anything I said could be viewed as ambiguous or confusing.
    Two rival companies not allowing their talent to be showcased on each others shows is hardly surprising. What you're stating is hardly revelatory. Would the shows have been better with full talent available? Absolutely. Is is surprising this never occurred? Not in the slightest.

Blog Entries
    I too was lost by this thread after reading and re-reading a couple of times.

The problem with ECW reunions was the fact that they happened, and then happened again, and again, and again, and most likely will happen again at some point in the future. It's done. ECW is dead,. Forget about it. It was cool while it was going, and doing a couple of reunions is all good, but it's been done to death now. Let's just enjoy watching back over the actual original ECW tapes that are available and remember the product that we enjoyed.

As for the past reunions being crap because of trademark issues and because talents form rival companies not being able to attend; what do you expect? That's just business.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I too was lost by this thread after reading and re-reading a couple of times.

The problem with ECW reunions was the fact that they happened, and then happened again, and again, and again, and most likely will happen again at some point in the future. It's done. ECW is dead,. Forget about it. It was cool while it was going, and doing a couple of reunions is all good, but it's been done to death now. Let's just enjoy watching back over the actual original ECW tapes that are available and remember the product that we enjoyed.

As for the past reunions being crap because of trademark issues and because talents form rival companies not being able to attend; what do you expect? That's just business.
    Your problem right now is you are looking at 2005 events with a 2015 attitude. Certain people who are dead now and are in no shape to wrestle currently were able to put on one show just fine. Hardcore Homecoming was not so much a TNA event as it was an ECW event spearheaded by a TNA employee. That event literally had no chance of threatening WWE, One Night Stand, or anything else from a fiscal standpoint. I see an inconsistency in logic if you're telling me it was ok to promote ECW barely legal on WWE tv in 1997 but that doing the same for Hardcore Homecoming would have been such a huge issue. If we could have uneven exchange deals like Christian Cage for Ric Flair I don't see why WWE and TNA weren't able to make a deal for ECW.

Austin said it best on the Vince podcast when he said that with no disrespect to TNA but WWE has no real competition. We also heard Dixie say she was open to crossover work with WWE before as well. You seem to be in a mindset to where you are pretending that TNA is WCW.

I wasn't shocked just disappointed and now I'm reminiscing.