Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Enter KENTA

Blog Entries

Enter KENTA

So KENTA has officially signed with WWE, and will be starting off in NXT.

Japanese wrestlers haven't had a good time of it in recent times in WWE. Yoshi Tatsu never made it past lower mid-card, Sakamoto never amounted to anything, and neither did Jiro (both from the Kaientai Dojo). Tajiri was the last Japanese star to make a mark in WWE, and even then, he was never a top tier superstar.

So with that in mind, will KENTA (or whatever name WWE bestows upon him) succeed where others have failed, and make it to that top level in WWE? His skill is not in question, it's whether or not he can make a connection with the American audience I think.
    Despite him starting in NXT, I wouldn't think it'll be long before he's on the main roster, given that he's 33.

So, thoughts?
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    So KENTA has officially signed with WWE, and will be starting off in NXT.

Japanese wrestlers haven't had a good time of it in recent times in WWE. Yoshi Tatsu never made it past lower mid-card, Sakamoto never amounted to anything, and neither did Jiro (both from the Kaientai Dojo). Tajiri was the last Japanese star to make a mark in WWE, and even then, he was never a top tier superstar.

So with that in mind, will KENTA (or whatever name WWE bestows upon him) succeed where others have failed, and make it to that top level in WWE? His skill is not in question, it's whether or not he can make a connection with the American audience I think.
    Despite him starting in NXT, I wouldn't think it'll be long before he's on the main roster, given that he's 33.

So, thoughts?
    Have they officially announced he will be an in ring performer at this point? I'd like to assume so but I can fully see him getting a contract similar to Sara Del Rey in which they only want to use his experience to help enhance those going through the WWE Development Center. The signing is interesting for certain; especially if rumors of Devitt coming to NXT are true.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Have they officially announced he will be an in ring performer at this point? I'd like to assume so but I can fully see him getting a contract similar to Sara Del Rey in which they only want to use his experience to help enhance those going through the WWE Development Center. The signing is interesting for certain; especially if rumors of Devitt coming to NXT are true.
    As far as I can tell he'll be a performer I think, but I guess it's possible he'll be a trainer. He's quoted to have said (in the press conference today) that he's looking forward to hone his craft, so that suggests that he'll be a performer.
    I think Devitt has signed, but won't be starting until September, like Steen and someone else (forgot who).
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Just for the record on Japanese performers in WWE-I'm pretty sure Jiro was the one who got thrown out on his got dang fucking ass for talking about killing or harming children.

The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

Maybe not ^ ,as Wikipedia said the worst thing he was (maybe this is what I got it mixed up with) ,was voyeurism on women in a mall (accused, granted) ,as in taking underwear pictures with his phone. But it just jarred my memory about the time years back when some extremely fucked up YT videos came out about someone from developmental threatening or talking about doing extreme harm to children...maybe it "gimmick gone too far" , or something, but-anyone remember that?

Ok-found it-it was this guy:
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/w...hn-cena-update

Wtf? Anyways, my mistake on the above, I suppose his name was just jarred from the other criminal thing he was actually reported to have done....the mind is a funny thing with so many strange memories attached to distant thoughts that can be brought about by the simplest of things.

you cant really compare yoshi and sakamoto to kenta. i can hope however that wwe does make something out of kenta and use him right. im not being like these other guys that are asking for wwe to not fuck him up. Japanese wrestlers does have a history of not doing well in wwe.

its a shame ultimo dragon also didn't become more, but i truly think the only thing people will remember of him in wwe is tripping at wm. i guess we will have to wait it out and see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by lonestarpunk View Post
    you cant really compare yoshi and sakamoto to kenta.
    Actually you can. They are heavily popular Japanese wrestlers who have been brought to America in the WWE. Now as for how they will be used, that is still up for debate, but track record for using Japanese stars with a large fan base in that country being brought to America, WWE doesn't have the best track record. The only companies that I can honestly say used Japanese talent in a positive role was WCW with several of the NJPW talents and ROH on a smaller scale.

Should be interesting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Most /Japanese guys well in any promotion not just WWE, but TNA, and going back to WCW start off well then the company just push them to the side... So many examples too go with.... But there have been few exceptions though....
    It will be interesting if WWE does anything with him or have him there just to market off some other way??
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Actually you can. They are heavily popular Japanese wrestlers who have been brought to America in the WWE. Now as for how they will be used, that is still up for debate, but track record for using Japanese stars with a large fan base in that country being brought to America, WWE doesn't have the best track record. The only companies that I can honestly say used Japanese talent in a positive role was WCW with several of the NJPW talents and ROH on a smaller scale.

Should be interesting to see.
    Should also include NWA and as well as TNA with their use of Japanese stars..
    TNA has worked with New Japan several times in the past, what for the most part was a decent working relationship.. But then kinda sour..
    Then the NWA with the whole Invasion angle and cards they promoted last year and this year... Even putting the World title on Satoshi Kojima and tag titles on Kojima and Tenzan...
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???