Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

WWE Hall of Fame 2016

So Sting has been announced as the first (and more than likely headlining) member of the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2016.

As soon as Sting signed with WWE, we all knew that this was coming sooner or later. It's of course thoroughly deserved and it'll be great to see him take his rightful place in the hall.

However, does this now indicate that Sting's in-ring career is over? Ric Flair to date has been the only person inducted while still an active competitor (only for him to have his 'retirement' match the next night at Wrestlemania against Shawn Michaels, and even then, he competed in WWE (and elsewhere) beyond this), so does this indicate that that's it for Sting in the ring? He was of course injured pretty badly in his match vs Seth Rollins, and there's been serious doubt about whether or not he'd be cleared to compete again for WWE because of that, so this could be the confirmation.
    On the other hand, with all the top talents that are out injured and missing Wrestlemania 32, one would have thought that WWE would have wanted to have Sting on the card in a match in order to help try and break that attendance record. The pool of viable people to face The Undertaker is very small right now, and with Cena out injured and set to miss Wrestlamania (he was rumored to be the favorite to face Taker) you would have thought that Sting would have been up there under discussion for that match now.

In any case, here's to Sting! But what does everyone think of this induction and the questions stemming from it?

Sting v taker should've took place instantly , now wwe made it harder on themselves to try to make it possible

Sting deserves the induction and No it doesn't mean his career is over , now it's when he can pop in and out and be bigger than before . The icon , the legend , the hall of farmer, sting is here !!!! I can see it now

MARK DIMENSION
    *EWNCW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION
    11.27.2011-3.6.2012

*EwncW EVOLUTION CHAMPION
    11.12.2012-5.28.2013
    11.25.14-

THE NEW ASSAULT PROGRAM
    *BWA INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONS
    9.4.2011-Forever

*BWA/EwncW INTERNET CHAMPIONS
    5.5.2012-9.26.2012

*EwncW CHAMPIONS
    4.7.2013-8.25.2013

SCARFO JONEZ
    *TWE BLOODOATH CHAMPION
    SEPTEMBER.23,2012

DEPRI$e
    AWF SUPERFLY CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.15,2011

N
    *2x ICW INSANITY CHAMPION
    6.28. 2012-6.28.2012
    6.29. 2012-6.29.2012

CHUNKERTAKER
    0-1,787 at wrestlevania

Blog Entries
    Nobody gives a shit about Sting going into the HOF it seems lol!

So the second inductee into this years HOF class is The Godfather! Charles Wright played a variety of characters in WWE including Nation of Domination member Kama Mustafa, the Baron Samedi inspired voodoo practitioner Papa Shango, and of course, the pimp master; The Godfather.
    I think he's had a pretty long WWE career if you take into consideration his various stints, and he's had a couple of title runs along the way (1 tag title run and one Intercontinental title run), and his characters are certainly ones that are remembered by fans. I think he fits in well as an 'undercard' inductee for the HOF, so I think it's well deserved!

Delighted for both! Both deserved in my eyes.

Sting, it goes without saying- absolute legend and though I wish his WWE run could have been different and he won the match against Triple H, after seeing Sting's reaction about just wanting to say he wrestled at Mania and got to face someone he wanted too in Triple H, I'm pleased it's happened and the HOF induction will be the icing on the cake to an amazing career. I think that will likely be him done- I don't see him wrestling anywhere else or coming back for another match once he's "Retired". I kind of hope we get one more match from him at this years Mania though and he get's a win.. I think that would be cool and then he could announce his retirement and ride off into the sunset.

Agree with you on the Godfather, a good addition if only for how memorable he's been as a character, or characters within the company. Respected and a good hand in the business and look forward too seeing his HOF speech.. perhaps one more "Hoe Train" to lead him away after his speech?

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

WWE:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

PWR:
    1x Women's Champion - Akira Tajiri
    Female of the Year 2015 - Akira Tajiri

Blog Entries
    So we've got the Fabulous Freebirds finally getting their HoF induction! Fully deserved for the Freebirds, they have been one of the most iconic tag teams/stables to come through the business, and the freebird rule is also attributed to them. Very much looking forward to hearing Michael Hayes' speech too, that should be interesting!

Jaqueline has also been announced to be inducted. Another deserved induction. Had a very long career and won plenty of titles, including the cruiserweight title, to boot.

I'm still hoping we get JBL inducted this year. They could be saving him till last to be announced.

The WWE Universe should be inducted this year along side with IWC and Barry Horowitz

MARK DIMENSION
    *EWNCW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION
    11.27.2011-3.6.2012

*EwncW EVOLUTION CHAMPION
    11.12.2012-5.28.2013
    11.25.14-

THE NEW ASSAULT PROGRAM
    *BWA INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONS
    9.4.2011-Forever

*BWA/EwncW INTERNET CHAMPIONS
    5.5.2012-9.26.2012

*EwncW CHAMPIONS
    4.7.2013-8.25.2013

SCARFO JONEZ
    *TWE BLOODOATH CHAMPION
    SEPTEMBER.23,2012

DEPRI$e
    AWF SUPERFLY CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.15,2011

N
    *2x ICW INSANITY CHAMPION
    6.28. 2012-6.28.2012
    6.29. 2012-6.29.2012

CHUNKERTAKER
    0-1,787 at wrestlevania

Blog Entries
    And the latest induction has been announced today, and his name is Stan Hansen!

Another great who had a long 25+ year career, predominantly in Japan. this is another fully deserved induction and one that's arguably overdue too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    So we've got the Fabulous Freebirds finally getting their HoF induction! Fully deserved for the Freebirds, they have been one of the most iconic tag teams/stables to come through the business, and the freebird rule is also attributed to them. Very much looking forward to hearing Michael Hayes' speech too, that should be interesting!

Jaqueline has also been announced to be inducted. Another deserved induction. Had a very long career and won plenty of titles, including the cruiserweight title, to boot.

I'm still hoping we get JBL inducted this year. They could be saving him till last to be announced.
    I honestly believed the Freebirds were in there. About time, ain't it?

Join the Best e-fed, EWNCW!! Send a PM to Tommy Thunder, Kingstrem, TheJosephBanks, S.E.Zero, TTC or me filling the form you'll find in the Inferno Thread.

Find all the EWNCW links here.

The Jesting Madness: Last EWNCW Tag Team Champions (6/3/12-5-5-12), first ever EWNCW Blacklist Champions (5-5-12/11-12)

Also check TWE!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grind_Bastard View Post
    I honestly believed the Freebirds were in there. About time, ain't it?
    I know, right? I actually thought that Michael Hayes at least was in there on his own. But yeah, that one's definitely long overdue.

He ain't coming back cause he suffered the same injury as Edge. Sting should have never went to the wwe. They dogged him out big time. No taker match, not even a staredown in the middle of the ring. Instead he got buried by big nose hhh who's now headlining mania in 2016(which is whole another level of bs that needs it's own thread). Seth Rollins sloppy self ended his career, but sting was supposed to be his favorite wrestler smh.

He went to the wwe thinking that this was what the fans wanted and left most disappointed. As a huge fan of his, he should've just signed a legends contract and keep it at that.

That whole hall of fame class is garbage. Sting is leaps and bounds above the rest of the hall of famers getting inducted this year.