Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Brock Lesnar vs ...... at Summerslam

So it's been announced that Bock Lesnar's Summerslam opponent for Summerslam will be revealed on this week's Smackdown broadcast (so we'll know tonight if we read the spoilers. The quesiton on everyone's lips; who will it be?

Of course, there is a possibility that Lesnar won't be able to compete at Summeerslam. With his UFC 200 match vs Mark Hunt happening just over a month prior to Summerslam, then there's the chance that Lesnar could pick up an injury that prevents him from competing. However, it is Brock Lesnar and he is a machine.

But alas, his Sumerslam opponent will be revealed tonight at the Smackdown tapings. But who will face Lesnar?

I think in fear of being upstaged by UFC, then I think we can assume that this will be a pretty big name opponent. I wouldn't expect to see Lesnar facing Kofi Kingston or Big Show as he's done on a couple of past WWE special shows. Also, this is Summerslam, WWE's second biggest ppv of the year, so that rules out all undercard wrestlers. I also don't see Lesnar facing someone he's faced before. We've seen enough of Cena vs Lesnar so I don't see it being Cena.

Matches that people have wanted to see in the past have been Lesnar vs Cesaro, Sheamus, Kevin Owens (the latter two both have said themselves that they'd like to face Lesnar). I think the 3 Shield members are also off the table as I expect the three of them to continue their feud for the world title through the summer.
    Could we perhaps see The Rock vs Lesnar? Could we even see Goldberg vs Lesnar? Lesnar is on the cover of WWE 2k17 and Goldberg has been announced as a playable character and has been used in marketing for the game? Rando Orton is due back son so I guess he's an option too though I'd have a difficult time getting into that match as I'm not sure how they'd set it up.

Personally, I'd be keen to see them pit Lesnar against Cesaro or Owens. I would also be ok with them doing Lesnar vs Goldberg providing that they have Lesnar absolutely destroy him so that we don't ever have to see or hear from him again (unlikely though given that he's in WWE 2k17).

Who do you think will face Lesnar? Who would you like to see him face?

Blog Entries
    I've said it before and I'll say it again - I would like to see Lesnar vs. Sheamus. I think it'd be stiff as hell and thoroughly entertaining to watch provided it's bit more of an even match instead of a standard Lesnar squash.

Worthy of the Summerslam PPV? No.

It's not going to be Owens, Cesaro or anyone the like as Lesnar doesn't work with guys like that (the arguable exception being Ambrose at WM). It'd be a main eventer - an established star.

I hate to say it, but it'd be a face Orton.

Benny The Ball's Teddy is here to fuck you up...

...and then steal your girl!

#BennysTeddy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyTheBall View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again - I would like to see Lesnar vs. Sheamus. I think it'd be stiff as hell and thoroughly entertaining to watch provided it's bit more of an even match instead of a standard Lesnar squash.

Worthy of the Summerslam PPV? No.

It's not going to be Owens, Cesaro or anyone the like as Lesnar doesn't work with guys like that (the arguable exception being Ambrose at WM). It'd be a main eventer - an established star.

I hate to say it, but it'd be a face Orton.
    Yeah I have to agree, I think Orton's the most likely candidate as of now.

Dave meltzer says it is Randy Orton

Blog Entries
    I have literally no interest in Orton vs Lesnar. I don't even know what WWE is thinking here

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I have literally no interest in Orton vs Lesnar. I don't even know what WWE is thinking here
    Agreed, I think WWE have run out of ideas in regards to legit opponents for Lesnar. Ortin's about the biggest star that's left Tha he hasn't beaten yet. I think the only big matches left for Lesnar are The Rock or Goldberg (not that I'm overly keen for that to happen, but it would draw).

Bock Lesnar?

Rando Orton?

SumeerSlam?
    "For the Druids' legends are true..."

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Agreed, I think WWE have run out of ideas in regards to legit opponents for Lesnar. Ortin's about the biggest star that's left Tha he hasn't beaten yet. I think the only big matches left for Lesnar are The Rock or Goldberg (not that I'm overly keen for that to happen, but it would draw).
    yea I mean joe, balor, aj,sheamus ,owens,bray, cesero, rock, maybe kurt if he comes back

Quote Originally Posted by mr.onemanband View Post
    yea I mean joe, balor, aj,sheamus ,owens,bray, cesero, rock, maybe kurt if he comes back
    I don't wanna see Bray Wyatt do anything but destroy The New Day once and for all. Let's be fair though... he'd never even have a legitimate chance against Lesnar in a regular match without The Family.

Even still... they're mostly husky ...and he's muscular . Minus Strawman who isn't really much anyways to write home about.
    "For the Druids' legends are true..."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.onemanband View Post
    Joe and Balor aren't even on the main roster yet. Even if they were brought up then they'd need time to establish themselves first before I'd want them against Lesnar. Sheamus, Owens and certainly Cesaro aren't main event stars at this time so there's no.chance they'd be put in there vs Lesnar. Owens us the closest as of now, but he's not regarded as main event yet I don't think. AJ is at that level where they could do that match, but he'd probably only win with help from The Club (in fact, Lesnar would probably still get the win). Wyatt is same as AJ, he'd only win with help from the family, and even then, it's easy to see Lesnar still running out winner. Kurt Angle is an option, but I have doubts as to whether Angle's body would survive a match against Lesnar.