Blog Entries

A prelude to a big debut?

The prelude I'm talking about is Sheamus' return and subsequent heel turn. I'm wondering, could this perhaps eventually lead to the debut of Finn Balor? According to reports, Balor is expected to be one of the next talents from NXT to make the jump to the main roster. With Sheamus targeting the likes of the smaller, underdog folk like Ziggler, Bryan, Neville, Ryder and so on, I'm wondering if eventually we'll see Balor making his debut and be the one to stop him. We could even see Sheamus pick up the IC title in the midst of his crusade and we could see Balor challenge him for the title upon his debut.

Thoughts?
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

That is a good shout actually, it would be great way to debut him straight into a top storyline which is apparently the backstage feeling on how he will be brought up.

They could also just as easily do this with Itami or Zayn. Zayn could probably live with him better on the mic, Sheamus is pretty good on the mic when he's not being a dull face.

That would be awesome for Balor to debut , I can see how great of a fued it can with Bryan most likely taking time off it can work better than expected . That's why wwe won't do it lol

MARK DIMENSION
    *EWNCW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION
    11.27.2011-3.6.2012

*EwncW EVOLUTION CHAMPION
    11.12.2012-5.28.2013
    11.25.14-

THE NEW ASSAULT PROGRAM
    *BWA INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONS
    9.4.2011-Forever

*BWA/EwncW INTERNET CHAMPIONS
    5.5.2012-9.26.2012

*EwncW CHAMPIONS
    4.7.2013-8.25.2013

SCARFO JONEZ
    *TWE BLOODOATH CHAMPION
    SEPTEMBER.23,2012

DEPRI$e
    AWF SUPERFLY CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.15,2011

N
    *2x ICW INSANITY CHAMPION
    6.28. 2012-6.28.2012
    6.29. 2012-6.29.2012

CHUNKERTAKER
    0-1,787 at wrestlevania

The term big debut on the main roster is not appropriate anymore. With the exposure that NXT is getting these days, the surprise factor of a big debut has been lost.

Finn Balor is a good wrestler, but somehow I feel like WWE will loose him in the shuffle. He would be another one of Ziggler kind of guy, who can wrestle fine, but can never be the top guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Current Business View Post
    The term big debut on the main roster is not appropriate anymore. With the exposure that NXT is getting these days, the surprise factor of a big debut has been lost.

Finn Balor is a good wrestler, but somehow I feel like WWE will loose him in the shuffle. He would be another one of Ziggler kind of guy, who can wrestle fine, but can never be the top guy.
    I wonder how many thought this about Rollins when he was in NXT?!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    I wonder how many thought this about Rollins when he was in NXT?!
    Ziggler is a former 2 time World Champion as well, does not make rollins big yet

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CricketTragic View Post
    Ziggler is a former 2 time World Champion as well, does not make rollins big yet
    I'd argue that Rollins is already a bigger star than Ziggler (how many titles you have doesn't mean squat (obviously it means something, but not that much to be honest)) and I also think it's pretty evident that he's gong to be one of the comapny's top guys for the next 10+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    That is a good shout actually, it would be great way to debut him straight into a top storyline which is apparently the backstage feeling on how he will be brought up.

They could also just as easily do this with Itami or Zayn. Zayn could probably live with him better on the mic, Sheamus is pretty good on the mic when he's not being a dull face.
    Yeah either of those guys would work easy. I picked Balor because of the rumblings that he's going to be brought up sooner rather than later, plus there's the Irish connection which could be worked into a program between him and Sheamus.

Zayn vs Sheamus in the battle of the redheads

On a side-note, I agree that Sheamus is far better as a heel, I loved his first run in WWE as a heel back in the old WWECW (his feud and final match vs Goldust was pretty great). His face run was good initially, but it grew to be very stale by the end (he probably stayed face too long to be honest). Glad he's back as a heel now though. And I actually think that as stupid as his new look is, it does make him look pretty bad ass, and the fact that he can just beat you up means that he can pull it off.

On another side-note, I guess this means that Ziggler's going to be putting over his opponent, again. We keep waiting for Ziggler to get that push but he continues to be built up and then he's back to putting others over because of how good he can make them look.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    "Oh, no. Who will stop the strong villain Shemus on an ass kicking run?"

"How about that 190lb guy from developmental?"

"Brilliant."

Benny The Ball's Teddy is here to fuck you up...

...and then steal your girl!

#BennysTeddy

Quote Originally Posted by CricketTragic View Post
    My point was actually more about comparing Balor's potential to Rollins, as many thought Rollins would never get this far in WWE while he was in NXT. Besides Rollins has already outdone Ziggler as he never held, arguably, the top World Title.

Quote Originally Posted by BennyTheBall View Post
    "Oh, no. Who will stop the strong villain Shemus on an ass kicking run?"

"How about that 190lb guy from developmental?"

"Brilliant."

El Torito will take him out, a bull horn to the bollocks evens the playing field!