Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37
  1. #1

    It's time to get... EXTREME!

    WWE Championship Match: Roman Reigns (c) vs. AJ Styles

    WWE Women's Championship Submission Match: Charlotte (c) vs. Natalya - Ric Flair is banned from ringside.

    Intercontinental Title Fatal 4-Way Match: The Miz (c) vs. Kevin Owens vs. Cesaro vs. Sami Zayn

    Asylum Cage Match: Chris Jericho vs. Dean Ambrose

    Tag Team Tornado Match: Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson vs. The Usos

    WWE Tag Team Championship Match: The New Day (c) vs. The Vaudevillains

    United States Championship Match: Kalisto (c) vs. Rusev w/Lana

    Extreme Rules Kickoff Show - No Disqualification Match: Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin

    Its time for Extreme Rules. The card is good, most matches are rematches from Payback with extreme stipulations but the feuds are built up well so far. I'm hopping for an AJ Styles win but i feel is unlikely. But I'm also predicting a Balor debut leading to a Bullet attack on AJ.

  2. #2
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,780
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by magglis View Post
    WWE Championship Match: Roman Reigns (c) vs. AJ Styles

    WWE Women's Championship Submission Match: Charlotte (c) vs. Natalya - Ric Flair is banned from ringside.

    Intercontinental Title Fatal 4-Way Match: The Miz (c) vs. Kevin Owens vs. Cesaro vs. Sami Zayn

    Asylum Cage Match: Chris Jericho vs. Dean Ambrose

    Tag Team Tornado Match: Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson vs. The Usos

    WWE Tag Team Championship Match: The New Day (c) vs. The Vaudevillains

    United States Championship Match: Kalisto (c) vs. Rusev w/Lana

    Extreme Rules Kickoff Show - No Disqualification Match: Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin

    Its time for Extreme Rules. The card is good, most matches are rematches from Payback with extreme stipulations but the feuds are built up well so far. I'm hopping for an AJ Styles win but i feel is unlikely. But I'm also predicting a Balor debut leading to a Bullet attack on AJ.
    Do you know what could be cool for the WWE to do? Let the Bullet Club help AJ win the title and have Finn come out and the Bullet Club destroys AJ.

    It could lead to a pretty natural feeling triple threat match for the WWE title that would be mountains more interesting than a typical Roman Reigns match.
    #TeamModest


  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Do you know what could be cool for the WWE to do? Let the Bullet Club help AJ win the title and have Finn come out and the Bullet Club destroys AJ.

    It could lead to a pretty natural feeling triple threat match for the WWE title that would be mountains more interesting than a typical Roman Reigns match.
    Balor is brutal on the mic.... he can't cut a good promo. He is no where close to a complete package. It worked in NXT, but this is main roster we talking about.

    I'm just trying to find anything extreme in this Extreme Rules special, since it can't be called a PPV.


  4. #4
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,780
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Current Business View Post
    Balor is brutal on the mic.... he can't cut a good promo. He is no where close to a complete package. It worked in NXT, but this is main roster we talking about.

    I'm just trying to find anything extreme in this Extreme Rules special, since it can't be called a PPV.
    I don't think Balor is great on the mic by any means but he isn't awful to me at least. He can cut a promo.

    Why can't you call it a pay-per-view?
    #TeamModest


  5. #5
    Poor Usos getting all kinds of heat because of that Roman Reigns guy. They need to uncousin him quick.

  6. #6
    I am pretty sure that Rusev has had a bowel movement bigger than Kalisto at some point in his life.

  7. #7
    I really like the Vaudevillains. But on NXT they were the good tag team that just happened to have this ye olde gimmick style, like it didn't define them by the way they presented themselves etc. On WWE they're at risk of being this ye olde gimmick who can kinda wrestle. It's already begun. After they've had they're 'new guy shot at the titles' they'll probs be the jokey team that does the gimmick schtick, Santino style-ish.

  8. #8

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Androo View Post
    I really like the Vaudevillains. But on NXT they were the good tag team that just happened to have this ye olde gimmick style, like it didn't define them by the way they presented themselves etc. On WWE they're at risk of being this ye olde gimmick who can kinda wrestle. It's already begun. After they've had they're 'new guy shot at the titles' they'll probs be the jokey team that does the gimmick schtick, Santino style-ish.
    Right before they left NXT it seemed like they were trying to turn heel again, but the NXT crowd would not accept it.

    Yeah, main roster creative has low tolerance about trying to figure out and book these non standard gimmicks. If the square peg does not fit into the round holes they are eager to chew the corners off.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMadThinker View Post
    Right before they left NXT it seemed like they were trying to turn heel again, but the NXT crowd would not accept it.

    Yeah, main roster creative has low tolerance about trying to figure out and book these non standard gimmicks. If the square peg does not fit into the round holes they are eager to chew the corners off.
    Exactly. It's like on the main roster, they can't just have these guys who believe in themselves, and their old fashioned-ey ways of fighting, but who are actually good wrestlers in this current period. Like, they have to explain it all away too much. There's too much exposition. It's explained away to nothing. To the point where people can't suspend their disbelief that these guys just want to be like that, and it works.

    I dunno.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.