Page 795 of 1462 FirstFirst ... 2956957457857937947957967978058458951295 ... LastLast
Results 7,941 to 7,950 of 14617
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Sadly, though, I bet you the majority of those in attendance are walking away singing Rocky's praises.
    I'd be one of them Ape =) Tonight showed how much the rest of the roster is lacking in mic work, I think Punk's promo was one of the best I've ever heard (his Vegas promo was decent but another topic). The way Rock caters to the crowd and gets them involved is undeniable.

Quote Originally Posted by Grind_Bastard View Post
    Probably so. Punk was great there, and I hope he keeps it this way. It is much needed for him, and for us as fans.
    Agreed. He turned what was otherwise a been-there, done-that bit into something, while not great, still worth watching.

While tonight's show certainly wasn't anything special, I'll at least credit it with not feeling as excruciatingly long as most of the other 3 hour shows. The booking is still a total snooze-fest, but at least they're doing something about the pacing, in my eyes anyways.

Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5

For those who don't know Cookie Puss is a name of a ice cream cake made by Carvel. Caevel is mostly famous in the east coast of the USA. So really like a small number of people know what it is. But all the Rock fans will still chant it even though they don't know what it is.

The Rock's promo was nothing special. It was his usual stuff that we see everytime he comes on TV.

Abel
    Krystian Krysys
    Mordecai W/ Judas (Dennis) as The Sons of The Holy Divinty IWA Tag Team Champions
    The Soul Caliber
    Mimic
    Knight Wing

Quote Originally Posted by Chavo View Post
    I'd be one of them Ape =) Tonight showed how much the rest of the roster is lacking in mic work, I think Punk's promo was one of the best I've ever heard (his Vegas promo was decent but another topic). The way Rock caters to the crowd and gets them involved is undeniable.
    While he's certainly naturally charismatic, the dude has also had years to finely hone that same damn routine that he always does, so I'm not entirely sure it's really fair to compare him to the other guys. I mean, how many of the new crop stars have been given the same opportunities to work on their verbal craft like the The Rock has been afforded?

Quote Originally Posted by thedag View Post
    For those who don't know Cookie Puss is a name of a ice cream cake made by Carvel. Caevel is mostly famous in the east coast of the USA. So really like a small number of people know what it is. But all the Rock fans will still chant it even though they don't know what it is.
    I've actually got one in my freezer as we speak. They're delicious.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thedag View Post
    See? A non-American like me didn't know what they were. Thanks, man.

Join the Best e-fed, EWNCW!! Send a PM to Tommy Thunder, Kingstrem, TheJosephBanks, S.E.Zero, TTC or me filling the form you'll find in the Inferno Thread.

Find all the EWNCW links here.

The Jesting Madness: Last EWNCW Tag Team Champions (6/3/12-5-5-12), first ever EWNCW Blacklist Champions (5-5-12/11-12)

Also check TWE!!

While he's certainly naturally charismatic, the dude has also had years to finely hone that same damn routine that he always does, so I'm not entirely sure it's really fair to compare him to the other guys. I mean, how many of the new crop stars have been given the same opportunities to work on their verbal craft like the The Rock has been afforded?
    I understand Rocky has had more time to work his schtick, I was merely pointing out something thats been missing from the current roster, rookies and vets. One thing to take from this night is there is more than one way to work the mic, and I believe we witnessed a great night. Rocky might not be as clever or honest on the stick as Punk but he does what he does just as well, two means to the same end I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Chavo View Post
    I understand Rocky has had more time to work his schtick, I was merely pointing out something thats been missing from the current roster, rookies and vets. One thing to take from this night is there is more than one way to work the mic, and I believe we witnessed a great night. Rocky might not be as clever or honest on the stick as Punk but he does what he does just as well, two means to the same end I guess
    It was a classic style vs substance type confrontation. The Rock can throw out platitudes with the best of them and Punk appeals to what people really think.

Blog Entries
    Agreed. He turned what was otherwise a been-there, done-that bit into something, while not great, still worth watching.

While tonight's show certainly wasn't anything special, I'll at least credit it with not feeling as excruciatingly long as most of the other 3 hour shows. The booking is still a total snooze-fest, but at least they're doing something about the pacing, in my eyes anyways.
    I think they managed to balance the amount of wrestling and promos (except the final one, but that I don't mind). Backstage segments weren't more than the matches and not waaaay too long. Also, we didn't have as many recaps as other shows. Just a couple or three here and there.

Definitely a step in the right direction.

Join the Best e-fed, EWNCW!! Send a PM to Tommy Thunder, Kingstrem, TheJosephBanks, S.E.Zero, TTC or me filling the form you'll find in the Inferno Thread.

Find all the EWNCW links here.

The Jesting Madness: Last EWNCW Tag Team Champions (6/3/12-5-5-12), first ever EWNCW Blacklist Champions (5-5-12/11-12)

Also check TWE!!