Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Thoughts on Cena

I was online today just browsing, when i came across more Cena hate, Cena this, Cena That. Now please don't get me wrong, Personally i'm not a fan of Cena's gimmick, it's stale and appeals to the younger audience but what bugs me is the hate he deals with on a daily basis.

First example I found: I honestly don't see how anyone could like John Cena. Like not tryna hate, i just don't understand it.

WHAT?! Are you serious bro?! What is there do major to dislike about him? His gimmick yes but not him as a person. The abuse he recieves on a daily basis is horrendous. This is the man who has won awards for the amount of charity work he does, this is on top of his full-time work schedule, he pleases every1 of his fans where possible.

CM Punks push to meteoric standards though deserved through Punks hard work and all round brilliant skills and probably was going to come sooner or later I'm lead to believe that Cena had a role in pitching this storyline to creative. Without this we might still be seeing Cena vs Orton, vs Miz Etc whereas Punk maybe feuding midcard with JOMO, ADR or Rey still, some push considering his current push that could only have been achieved by feuding with Cena, the only others who could have feuded with punk on this level is Taker, Rock, HHH or SCSA.

Every great push needs someone to do the job and so far Cena has done that relatively clean, whats Punks record again? Even if Punk loses at Summerslam that doesn't mean his push is over, he'll get his rematch and still be main eventing with Cena and HHH, so punk dropping the title might not be such a bad thing, firstly we could create a fresh bona fide MAin eventer in ADR if he cashes in or it may lead to a face turn and feud with HHH.

Cena has given Punk the legs i believe and Punk is running with it.

Cena is also bringing in the new fans of WWE, these will prolong the business and make sure it doesnt die with us, and in turn the kids will demand something fresh and so on.

Plus when do you ever hear backstage grumblings over Cena, unlike Orton or even Rey, Cena can do the job (When he is asked). Creative makes the gimmick, cena only acts it! Add onto this him pushing for Evan Bourne and Zack Ryder, you have a great man!

By the Way I much prefer Punk

Thoughts??

Black Ninja!
    I agree with every word man. People need to back off the Cena hate.

Quote Originally Posted by BennyTheBall View Post
    Your anus, K2. Ring is a euphemism for anus.

Cena's "writing and storylines" are worth abusing. His Gimmick, real life and his work ethic should not. There's a difference between bad booking, and a bad gimmick imo. His gimmick could work a lot better if he wasn't booked to win constantly without being beaten clean.

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

Well heres my thing I don't like his gimmick and how he can overcome most things after he gets the living sh*t beat out of him.But I respect him for putting his body on the line and for all the charity he's done and being in the make a wish foundation and helping make wishes of the sick children of the world come true he has a good heart inside and a good man so you if you don't like his gimmick it's okay but when it comes to outside the ring he deserves a lot of respect for what he has done enough of these hates hell I saw one where people would try to kill Cena if he broke Undertakers Wrestlemania streak.

“You know, you can call her a slut…but she’s my slut.”-Edge

@Lowki, I agree with everything you say there also

When people say "he works so hard for the company", is that just not expected when your the face of an international business?

his gimmick is just stale.
    that's it.
    if they re-packaged him, ppls thoughts would change.
    the guy is a good person, thats obvious, but his character just gets too old fast.
    Prediction Contest
    Capitol Punishment: 11th
    Money In The Bank: Tied for 7th

Spiderman = Hero, CM Punk = Super Hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    Logic has no place in pro wrestling.

Blog Entries
    I respect Cena inside and outside of the ring. He does his job whether you like him or not. People are so quick to pass judgement on him and his character but the point is, his character just isn't meant to be for us, its meant to be for the younger ones. I'm pretty sure posters here has brothers or sisters who mark out whenever Cena is on TV. When we were younger, we used to look up to guys like Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, Sting, Bret Hart, and Randy Savage so I think in this generation, kid's look up to John Cena the same way we looked up to those guys back then.

Also, for the people who hate Cena's character, there are guys like CM Punk, Randy Orton, and The Miz who are different from Cena's portrayed character as a superhero so why bash Cena's character and wish WWE would turn him heel when you have a variety of wrestlers in the WWE that are much different then Cena's character?
    "Bring a knife to a fist fight, a gun to a knife fight, and a M134 to anything else."

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude573 View Post
    When people say "he works so hard for the company", is that just not expected when your the face of an international business?
    Not necessarily. Look at Hogan in TNA.

Quote Originally Posted by BennyTheBall View Post
    Your anus, K2. Ring is a euphemism for anus.

Blog Entries
    Its not his gimmick I dislike, or even Cena himself, Im actually a bit of a fan. The thing I dislike is his constant main eventing, and title wins. Even if my fave superstar was doing this I would be bored by it, but I know its all about the kiddies seeing him as an all conquering superhero.