Hybrid View

Normal Member

What if WWE were to become WWF again?

The time old question, what if WWE were to change back to WWF, and the repercussions of doing so

As a kid I loved watching wrestling; it was my weekly fix, which would have me completely excited for the whole of the week.
    I missed WWF by a mere 2 weeks, and I kick myself in the rear thinking of the great opportunity I missed out on, by not watching it, in its prime. I would see regular flashbacks on say smackdown by Marc Lloyd [or loyd, cant quite remember :P] then I would see my favourite wrestlers fighting it off to be number one. [The flashbacks would be of the previous year's ppv]

This really got me thinking on how a single letter change could really affect my entire view on wrestling. As most of you will probably agree, the quality of wrestling in the "WWF" days much tops the in-ring competition of today. What if WWE changed to WWF again, could it mentally trick us into believing wrestling is better again?
    I think yeah, maybe it could. I immediately associate the prime of wrestling within the WWF days, and to see a crappy WWE logo [in bold], covering on of the most notorious and famous logos around, really kills the mood of watching those classic matches in my personal opinion.

So I ask you guys, would you like to see a change from the WWE to WWF logo,
    What would it mean for you if they did?
    What would you expect to see if they did? and finally
    Who would you like to see return if they did?

They would get their asses sued by those tree huggers. That was the entire reason for the change in the first place. However, I do get where you are coming from. Back then the 'E was not afraid to go over the edge. They were new, and willing to do anything to beat the likes of WCW in buyrates, ratings, etc. That simple letter change would not do anything for them. They would still be the same company. Now if they wanted to be edgy again then all they will have to do is create more detailed story lines that take time to progress. It is just more complicating to do that with all of the ppv's they have these days. And once those story lines reach the Pay Per View stage they are considered concluded... Done... Over... End of story.
    Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamDevs

As was said, all it'd mean is that they'd get sued.
    The initials may represent a time when wrestling was better (in the late nineties and early noughties, maybe), but they wouldn't bring the product back to its heyday, magically. Hell, the initials don't even stand for anything anymore, so it'd mean less than ever.
    Cuz I said so!

nothing will happen, they can change to wwz and it will still be the same

To me it mean world wide fund finally lose to world wrestling federation

What would you expect to see if they did?
    I expect the company is the same PG product with abit of attitude flavor in the mix

I'm ok with current roster lineup

more chance of it WWE being renamed WCW than WWF

Why go back? Non Wrestling Fans still think it's WWF

Quote Originally Posted by beatfighter3000 View Post
    The time old question, what if WWE were to change back to WWF, and the repercussions of doing so

As a kid I loved watching wrestling; it was my weekly fix, which would have me completely excited for the whole of the week.
    I missed WWF by a mere 2 weeks, and I kick myself in the rear thinking of the great opportunity I missed out on, by not watching it, in its prime. I would see regular flashbacks on say smackdown by Marc Lloyd [or loyd, cant quite remember :P] then I would see my favourite wrestlers fighting it off to be number one. [The flashbacks would be of the previous year's ppv]

This really got me thinking on how a single letter change could really affect my entire view on wrestling. As most of you will probably agree, the quality of wrestling in the "WWF" days much tops the in-ring competition of today. What if WWE changed to WWF again, could it mentally trick us into believing wrestling is better again?
    I think yeah, maybe it could. I immediately associate the prime of wrestling within the WWF days, and to see a crappy WWE logo [in bold], covering on of the most notorious and famous logos around, really kills the mood of watching those classic matches in my personal opinion.

So I ask you guys, would you like to see a change from the WWE to WWF logo,
    What would you expect to see if they did? and finally

I get that Big E Langston dropped the NXT CHAMPIONSHIP
    but....to Bo Dallas out of all people? WTF!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstar83 View Post
    Why go back? Non Wrestling Fans still think it's WWF
    Sadly that is true. My Uncle called it the WWF at the last familly grill out I attended. We just all looked at him strangely, and then he walked away.
    Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamDevs